Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 18:23   #541
BHPian

Re: GST effect on car prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Pune is closer to Bangalore compared to Delhi. And with all local tax being excluded, the New Price will make it cheaper to buy in IT Capital compared to National Capital.

We should see similar trend with other cars once all car prices have been updated.
I thought so too till I looked up the prices for Pune. And guess what, it is costlier than Bangalore!! I don't think the price difference is simply due to transportation and logistics costs in shipping to different cities from the factories.
Attached Thumbnails
GST effect on car prices?-screenshot_20170706180647.png  

y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 18:28   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hyundai has just updated their website with post GST prices. Following are the prices for Creta.
This is good Price is almost same across the country
Old 6th July 2017, 19:04   #543
BHPian

So, Creta doesn't see lot of price cut unlike the Hexa. This will be huge shot in the arm for Hexa, for the price difference between them is lot less now. Those who had both Creta and Hexa in their list might lean more towards the latter.
Old 6th July 2017, 19:05   #544
Senior - BHPian

Skoda has also updated their price post GST.

1.52 lakhs reduction on the ex-showroom price of Superb 1.8 TSI MT, Kochi.

Skoda Price
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 19:19   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Either one should depend on manufacturers website to get the correct price or directly from the dealer. I don't think these random websites without any credibility can be relied upon.

Officially, 3.2 Endeavour is priced 2.7L more than 2.8 AT Fortuner. As per website of india.ford and bharat.toyota
Disappointing that Hyundai didn't pass on the entire benefit of GST as there is no way that they would save just a mere 3_4% on their 1.6 lit engine and 190 ground clearance status. Clearly they have increased the prices substantially to care about their own pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, Creta doesn't see lot of price cut unlike the Hexa. This will be huge shot in the arm for Hexa, for the price difference between them is lot less now. Those who had both Creta and Hexa in their list might lean more towards the latter.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 19:21   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like they are not passing the GST benefits to customers completely.
Old 6th July 2017, 20:08   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Disappointing that Hyundai didn't pass on the entire benefit of GST as there is no way that they would save just a mere 3_4% on their 1.6 lit engine and 190 ground clearance status. Clearly they have increased the prices substantially to care about their own pockets.

On top of that,they actually hiked the Tucson prices by 70k in mid June and have now reduced 1.7L.So net reduction is only 1 lac and I assume they have not passed the full benefits.Tucson ex-showroom for diesel automatic top trim is 24L

Hyundai is being slightly greedy here.
Old 6th July 2017, 20:11   #548
Team-BHP Support

For the first time, Tata Safari Storme is priced lower than Mahindra Scorpio, wow!

At my place [from official websites] Safari Storme http://safari.tatamotors.com/price-list
13.11 for 4X2
14.54 for 4X4

Scorpio http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/mahin....aspx?id=price

4X2 - 14.01
4X4 - 15.23

Reminds me of Fortuner vs Endeavor's price
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 07:46   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
On top of that,they actually hiked the Tucson prices by 70k in mid June and have now reduced 1.7L.So net reduction is only 1 lac and I assume they have not passed the full benefits.Tucson ex-showroom for diesel automatic top trim is 24L

Hyundai is being slightly greedy here.
Why don't we ask Hyundai through open forums the working of GST prices as its clear that revision is not in line nor they can claim they were giving huge discounts on Creta to compensate for reduction.
Old 7th July 2017, 10:36   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More than Hexa, I believe it's the SCross which should benefit from it.

The tables have turned for these two cars. When launched, the SCross 1.6 Alpha was more expensive than the top variant of the Creta 1.6 manual.

Whereas after current price corrections + GST, it seems to have become as cheap as the entry level variant of the Creta.

SCross 1.6 Alpha - 1,198,968

1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX - 1,197,707
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX+ - 1,294,347
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX (O) - 1,396,831
Old 7th July 2017, 10:42   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
For the first time, Tata Safari Storme is priced lower than Mahindra Scorpio, wow!

At my place [from official websites] Safari Storme http://safari.tatamotors.com/price-list
13.11 for 4X2
14.54 for 4X4

Scorpio http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/mahin....aspx?id=price

4X2 - 14.01
4X4 - 15.23
Scorpio was enjoying two benefits, 165 mm ground clearance and mild hybrid benefit. And the GC gimmick was a deliberate attempt to circumvent SUV definition and was enjoyed for a long time.

Now its a true level playing field, let's see how it plays out but I don't see much change in market share of both. Scorpio has established itself as a rugged rural/semi-urban SUV.

Last edited by S.MJet : 7th July 2017 at 11:06.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:49   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
More than Hexa, I believe it's the SCross which should benefit from it.

The tables have turned for these two cars. When launched, the SCross 1.6 Alpha was more expensive than the top variant of the Creta 1.6 manual.

Whereas after current price corrections + GST, it seems to have become as cheap as the entry level variant of the Creta.

SCross 1.6 Alpha - 1,198,968

1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX - 1,197,707
In Noida the difference is even more stark.

S cross 1.6 Alpha - 1,170,611
Creta 1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX - 1,196,838

On top of this there is a 40k discount offer on S Cross. So I went ahead a booked one.
ashishs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 11:28   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Hyundai has just updated the official prices on the website. The base model Creta Petrol now costs 8.92 Lakhs as against 9.22 Lakhs earlier Ex-showroom Delhi. Attaching the official price list from Hyundai website for the entire portfolio.

That's a full 50,000 more than what the GST estimate was.
Old 7th July 2017, 13:12   #554
Senior - BHPian

Have all manufacturers updated the prices post GST ?

I am waiting for New Prices to add to my data. Checked Carwale, some cars have been updated (A3/Q3) while some are not (A8/Q5). Would want full list before proceeding with my work. If it gets delayed, my deadline will be 3rd/4th Week of July.
Old 7th July 2017, 16:42   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Have all manufacturers updated the prices post GST ?

I am waiting for New Prices to add to my data. Checked Carwale, some cars have been updated (A3/Q3) while some are not (A8/Q5). Would want full list before proceeding with my work. If it gets delayed, my deadline will be 3rd/4th Week of July.
I don't think Nissan have updated their prices. Their site still says that prices are under revision and will be updated shortly. They are continuing to display the old prices.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed