Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 15:44   #1036
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Rightly said.

No one has seen the production version in flesh, leave alone drive.

Now, with Nexon it's AMT. Why not talk about rival's comparitively puny engine ?

Constructive criticism is good for every one. Bashing only sours everything. While every one has a right of opinion and choice, one need not indulge in infra dig attitude towards Tata and it's customers.
Oh come on. Seems like the only trend I can see on every Tata thread, is someone ready to give words of wisdom, and nanny the product to such an extent that they seem to take offense or see it as being attacked. Where has anyone 'bashed' the Nexon here? I began the discussion on being disappointed by the lack of a proper automatic which I felt I would be more than willing to pay for (in itself a compliment to the product as I have been following the launch), then someone pointed out to me that it isn't too bad, and I said I'd check it out. People are just talking about the product. That's it. Nothing else. Go to a Baleno/Brezza etc thread and you will see loads of people miffed about the poor build and capability of one finger to dent the sheet metal. Go to any Skoda thread and people are still not over the issues with a few DSGs in the past. I personally have displayed my discontent over the fact that the Polo GT, Punto Abarth, and Baleno RS are not at all 'hot' enough hatchbacks for me to accept the GT, Abarth and RS badges that they adorn. This is purely product specific gripes that people have. I for example hate the central console as it fouls with my left leg in the Polo, Vento and Rapid. Doesn't mean I am bashing the car. Loads of people don't really like automatics to begin with so when they are forced to pick an automatic, they want nothing but the best and something like an AMT may not cut it. We are all prospective buyers here, not interested in 'bashing' anything or any brand, nor have I seen it happen in the past couple of pages, all I've noticed is unnecessarily defensive posts like yours.

This is an automotive forum not some group therapy to help poor Tata feel better or some nonsense like that

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th July 2017 at 15:46.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:52   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjkamal View Post
The car simply looks very European from the inside because of this. Kudos to Tata especially for this
Maruti/Hyundai, are you listening?
Sorry, couldn't help but notice. This kind of sums up what goes in the minds of most Indian cay buying public - we just wait for all good things to eventually trickle down to Maruti/Hyundai products and then we pounce on them.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:53   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Ditto here.

Bought the Nano AMT for the Missus but for short distances and as a daily runabout I leave the Storme home and prefer the Nano. With the Sport mode, it is a hoot to drive and I can always park my candy red Nano where 'no man has parked before'!

I anticipate I am going to hold on to the Nano for a very long time . . . well past my retirement (2 decades away) until it becomes a coveted classic!
OT:

Same here, but don't have an alternate car. Nano is our only car and it is so easy to drive. With low slung steering wheel position, both my hands are rested on my thighs for most of the time while driving.
Parking - one has to experience to believe it. I was able to every inch of space while parking my previous car (Scorpio) but with Nano I am still not able get the external contours properly as it is so counter intuitive. I would think I have parked close enough to a wall or car in front only to get down and find 2 feet gap :-) Such a beautiful car.

On the same note, I cannot think of AMT without sports mode, at least in Nano, it is a must. Not sure how Kwid automatic drives without sport mode.
tifosikrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:58   #1039
Distinguished - BHPian

The first mass-production model of the Tata Nexon rolls out from Tata-FCA's Ranjangaon plant:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th July 2017 at 16:00. Reason: added official source link.
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:02   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
. Well said. The minute they hear Tata, bashing starts. Even before the car hits showrooms and even before anyone so much as takes it out for a spin. And they expect Tata to sell it for a song whereas some other brands can charge whatever they fancy but, hey, that's ok. No issue there.
Well said. From what I've read so far the following details have been firmed on this thread even though nobody has seen or driven this vehicle:

1. It will be priced cheap, because:

2. It doesnt look the part.

3. It will be heavy.

4. The engines will not be refined.

5. The 0-100 timing will be bad even if the engines happen to be good.

6. It wont sell. In fact we already know what numbers it will do.

I don't think TATA Motors should bother spending money on design, development, testing, launch, media drives and marketing. They should simply make an announcement that they plan to bring out so-and-so vehicle and release a sketch - we will tell them everything about the proposed vehicle, and charge them for vehicle astrology. I mean, why bother doing business?
Steeroid is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:11   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Well said. From what I've read so far the following details have been firmed on this thread even though nobody has seen or driven this vehicle:

3. It will be heavy.

Well compiled Steeroid, now that is quite some pessimism in the air, even before the media has driven the Nexon!

Can't believe that we are jumping into conclusions like this without any verified data. If the Vitara Brezza (which is quite heavy too) can manage a respectable run with a 1246cc engine, I guess we should at least give a chance for the Nexon to run the race.

This is racism in Automotive terms, if we judge a product with brand new engines just based on a brand's reputation !

In other news, did you guys notice the array of Jeep Compass in the background?

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-jeep-compass.jpg

Last edited by aravind.anand : 20th July 2017 at 16:13.
aravind.anand is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:23   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
On their left COMPASS and right we can see NEXON (red and blue)
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:24   #1043
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

3. It will be heavy.

What a compilation except that all of them have been taken out of context.

The 0-100, weight and heaviness were discussed only as another member was proposing a 0-100kmph within 10 seconds. It was replied to him that it might not be, and doesn't require to be a sub 10 second car as well. The current reigning diesel champion in the forum - the SCross 1.6 isn't one either.

If only all these posts translated to sales! Anyways, the target is 3500 per month. Let's see how the pricing matters and how much is achieved. Only a few more days to go now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:29   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
How long are we really planning to bash tata in each and every thread? Is it so hard for a forum member who is an auto-enthusiast to overlook the efforts put in by an Indian manufacturer?

Nothing marked personally to you sir. This applies to all of us. We have seen this happen with Fiat too. I am not saying TATA is not at fault for all the impression that the market has, but i clearly see they are improving.
Very Well Said. Be it outside the forum it is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
1. Shark fin antenna
2. Boot opener has a request button like in the EcoSport
3. Rear AC vent
4. Tweeters in the front and rear doors
5. Arm rest for driver and rear seat
6. The cup holders have a sliding cover. (Land rover effect)
Nexon is some car I am seriously considering as a replacement for my Ecosport. The features and interiors are making me like it more, and it should help me keep calm as Hexa is out of my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjkamal View Post
I just love the way the Tata Designers/ Engineers have done the center console. It runs high and all the way from the dashboard until the rear AC vents, thus acting like a wall between the driver and front passenger. At this supposed price bracket, I bet no car in India has this feature. The car simply looks very European from the inside because of this. Kudos to Tata especially for this
Maruti/Hyundai, are you listening?
Yes they are just super cool. Going by the quality on Tiago they have to be better. Just fingers crossed on the panel gaps. Even Ecosport has panel gaps, so be the XUV or Hyundais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post

With Zest it was looks and the alleged resemblance to Indica family. While it was a superior product at the time of the launch. Accent too was launched around the same time and it had a 3 cylinder one. If all boxes are ticked, then it is Tata service demon or reliability issue. I am not talking about earlier generation cars but the present day cars, from Zest onwards, niggles are as much or as little as competition . Trust me, service is as competent as the competition. And reliability ? Well, that's not an issue now.

Constructive criticism is good for every one. Bashing only sours everything. While every one has a right of opinion and choice, one need not indulge in infra dig attitude towards Tata and it's customers.
Right

Someone just praised Brezza and Ecosport for its design. Ok for Ecosport as it was revolutionary but Brezza (just another duckling from Maruti - who of course is not known for cars that look good).

Someone even mentioned about sun roofs and even had WRV in the list. I am taken aback in the way they compare cars in terms of the looks. WRV- for me is a taller Jazz with a braces on her cheek. Honda designers did a terrible job there. Yet, people dont complain its a honda. The only good looking car Maruti ever had was the old Zen (in comparison to others), and Kizashi and of course the gypsy may be. Any comments on the estilos, s-cross, gymni? anyone ?

I know a friend who did a test drive of the Tiago and went to buy the Eon. No offense meant to anyone - but just wrote them as I wanted to add what I felt on the same.
peterjim13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:51   #1045
BHPian

New Tweet announcing the 2 new engines on offer on Nexon - Turbocharged 1.2 Petrol and 1.5 Diesel.

https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...90206917378049
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:32   #1046
BHPian

Few folks were keen to know about the AMT option for Nexon, and as per this article on Autocar, the Diesel AMT option will be available after few months.

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...-launch-405467
Old 20th July 2017, 19:17   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who crunch numbers, here's one comparo from CarDekho:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tata0.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tata1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tata2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tata3.jpg

As we can see, the Nexon is the widest which will translate to slightly better in-cabin space than it's nearest competition, although it sits the lowest among the three.

In petrols, the Nexon is quite identical in power and better in torque numbers than the EcoSport's 1.5L NA heart, although it is slightly outclassed by the EcoBoost's power (torque figures are identical).

When comparing the diesels, it's a no-brainer. The Nexon is in a different league in terms of sheer torque numbers. Power figures are also healthy and better than it's competition. Add to that a mid-range punch like no other, even in a segment or two above it, a 6-speed transmission with better spread of gears, and multi-drive modes - the Nexon diesel should trump it's competition easily.

We now need to see what numbers the BHP/ton and Nm/ton tests throw out. Either way, I have a feeling that the Nexon diesel could turn out to be an absolute stonker.

And if you get all that for a comparatively cheaper sticker price than the others in it's segment, would you go for it?

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th July 2017 at 19:20. Reason: added last line.
RavenAvi is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 20:34   #1048
BHPian

I feel red colour would look better.!
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dsc1764699x380.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dsc1770699x380.jpg  

prasathlr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 20:42   #1049
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And if you get all that for a comparatively cheaper sticker price than the others in it's segment, would you go for it?
The numbers are brilliant indeed.

Here it created a big uproar when I suggested a price 1L cheaper than these two, but CarDekho estimates are spot on target with mine. Don't see the same reactions now! A starting price of 6L onwards would be the deal this car really deserves.

One thing for sure, it would be an absolute winner if they can get the refinement right and price it this way.

Any idea if cruise control is present on the top end variant?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th July 2017 at 20:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 21:14   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I think BHPians know the reason, Nexon & Compass are manufactured at same plant (Ranjangaon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We now need to see what numbers the BHP/ton and Nm/ton tests throw out. Either way, I have a feeling that the Nexon diesel could turn out to be an absolute stonker.

Tata's are generally heavier compared to competition. Proper drive will give us idea.

Nexon will be priced well, but the Diesel being a Better engine, I guess will be priced at par with competition.

I will definitely look at Nexon if it's a Good car at Good Price. Similar to what Ecosport did in 2013. Now Ecosport is still good car, but Price has gone up considerably.

But, my 6th Sense says that this won't be a Sales Topper, Brezza still will be despite being an Average car compared to Ecosport/Nexon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One thing for sure, it would be an absolute winner if they can get the refinement right and price it this way.

Any idea if cruise control is present on the top end variant?
I am expecting that to be the thing that'll determine its success. Hope Tata doesn't disappoint.

Don't see Cruise Control Buttons on Steering Wheel. Don't thing it will be offered.

But, they need to Bring in AMT as soon as Possible, if they aren't willing to offer it at launch.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks