Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 19:45   #1276
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
So As with TATA launches, before even seeing the car and driving it people have started bashing.

I see lot of negative comments specifically from some people who have not even owned TATA and are having the same mind set which they had 20 years ago.
Even I feel the thread has become more negative in the last couple of days.

Coming back to the Car, I strongly believe S-cross 1.3 Zeta is the most VFM car one can buy with 10 Lakhs budget (ex-showroom). I own the same(from Dec 2015) and when Breeza was released (Feb 2016), I personally checked the same along with my wife and we both came out happy as we felt S-cross was better in every possible way except for the looks. So I could not help myself but compare Nexon wtih S-cross 1.3 Zeta and the same is as below:

Nexon Advantages:

1) Deisel Engine. If the engine is as good as the specs then it would be game changer in the segment. S-cross can cruise at 120KMPH effortlessly. But if, as suggested, Nexon was able to hit 160KMPH effortlessly and with 6-speed transmission it wins hands down.
2) Projector Headlamps. Should be better than the halogen setup in S-cross.
3) HARMAN Infotainment System. Tiago music system was lot better than S-cross, so I believe Nexon would be even better. (It is suggested that the system will come with Android Auto and Car Play)
4) Auto Headlamps/Wipers and auto dimming IRVM. (I believe they would definitely provide these featuresin top end).
5) Nifty Storage Spaces on the Central Console with Special Tambour Door Mechanism. It does make the car feel premium.
6) Looks. Compared to S-cross it is definitely a looker and has a better stance.

S-cross Advantages:

1) A size bigger and spacious car especially at the rear. Could be more wider than Nexon. With 60:40 rear split it offers lot more use.
2) Cruise Control. (If Nexon also provides then can be deleted).
3) All Disc brakes.
4) Maruti brand and service. (My friend owns a Tiago and he is quite happy with the service centre in Bangalore. But still Maruti wins here as I am going with general perception and no of service centers).
5) Nothing more I could think of.

I think a car at this segment would generally provide auto fold ORVMs. I am not sure if Nexon come with 17 inch alloys. I still feel Nexon top end diesel would be priced between 9.5 to 10 lakhs so it all comes down to the engine. If the engine is as good as the specs then it would trump S-cross 1.3 Zeta and would be most VFM in 10 lakhs budget (ex-showroom).

Congratulations RavenAvi & mrbaddy for your booking. What is the maximum price you would pay for the top end? Beyond which you would cancel the booking.

Last edited by jaganpec2002 : 25th July 2017 at 19:49. Reason: Corrected mistakes
jaganpec2002 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:47   #1277
BHPian

Tata's compact SUV, the Nexon

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500992189.925890.jpg

Any idea what does the band with the keys signify in the picture? Will they provide a band to be used to detect passenger for keyless entry?

Also confirms dynamic reverse camera guidelines! Another positive 😃

Last edited by akhil994 : 25th July 2017 at 19:55.
akhil994 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:55   #1278
BHPian

Seeing that Maruti is yet to offer curtain airbags on any of their vehicles, I see Tata's omission here as a missed opportunity rather than a glaring one. A top end with 6 airbags would have enabled them to position the Nexon as equal to or better than the rest on all fronts. The Ecosport certainly has the safety advantage for now and we might see Ford playing it up a lot more with the upcoming refresh.
spindoc is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:56   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Looking at this pic, there seems to be enough space for the straighter wiper. Maybe it was a designing choice from Tata, to give the car a tough look. Cross wipers would have looked cool but I would take this anyday over the other eccentricities present on this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Interior is good, specially the HU but then why on earth would a company mis-align the wiper? Its such an eyesore
I agree it's an eyesore. But it's designed that way for a purpose. They could've very well given a flat wiper but this is why they didn't: the arc made by the far side wiper should be met by the driver side wiper. Only, and if only these arcs meet, you get a clean windscreen on a rainy day. The far side wiper drains water on its upper most sweep angle and the driver side wiper is synchronised to drain that water on its way down. If the far side wiper wasn't angled like it is now, its sweep angle wouldn't be wide enough to meet the driver side wiper's arc. The result? You'll have a centre patch on the windscreen that cannot be cleaned by both wipers.

Hope it makes sense. Also, if the windscreen is tightly angled, a straight wiper wouldn't put down much downforce. This angled wiper wouldn't have to flex as much for downforce albeit ensuring a clean swipe.
swiftdiesel is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:59   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine details:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5.jpg
(Source)

And a segment-first: a wearable keyless entry unit, like a wristwatch!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-6.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-7.jpg
(Source)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th July 2017 at 20:01.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:03   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post

Any idea what does the band with the keys signify in the picture? Will they provide a band to be used to detect passenger for keyless entry?

Also confirms dynamic reverse camera guidelines! Another positive 😃
Jaguar has something called as an activity key. It is a wristband that can be used instead of the actual key when you park your car and say, go hiking/ kayaking etc. It is a waterproof band and can lock/unlock the car. It could be something similar.
DieselAddikt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:04   #1282
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I agree it's an eyesore. But it's designed that way for a purpose. They could've very well given a flat wiper but this is why they didn't: the arc made by the far side wiper should be met by the driver side wiper. Only, and if only these arcs meet, you get a clean windscreen on a rainy day. The far side wiper drains water on its upper most sweep angle and the driver side wiper is synchronised to drain that water on its way down. If the far side wiper wasn't angled like it is now, its sweep angle wouldn't be wide enough to meet the driver side wiper's arc. The result? You'll have a centre patch on the windscreen that cannot be cleaned by both wipers.

Hope it makes sense. Also, if the windscreen is tightly angled, a straight wiper wouldn't put down much downforce. This angled wiper wouldn't have to flex as much for downforce albeit ensuring a clean swipe.
Such issues can easily be addressed through positions of the drive shaft of the wipers or the length of the blades. This can't be a valid excuse.
srh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:10   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Jaguar has something called as an activity key. It is a wristband that can be used instead of the actual key when you park your car and say, go hiking/ kayaking etc. It is a waterproof band and can lock/unlock the car. It could be something similar.

It is actually that! Woah! That is great!

It's like an Apple experience, making the product desirable so that people are forced to buy it! 😃
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:10   #1284
BHPian

La Jaguar - Active Key, finally some JLR inputs in a Tata car. It will look something like this.

amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:17   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Such issues can easily be addressed through positions of the drive shaft of the wipers or the length of the blades. This can't be a valid excuse.
In a tight fit bay like the Nexon's, there's not a lot of space you could play around with. The pictures can tell you that. The engineers cannot fix the wiper assembly anywhere they feel like. It needs to share space with so many other components. Added to that, you have various mechanical parts that need fixtures on the firewall and the wiper assembly cannot interfere with them. I'm sure they've weighed in their options before finalising this design.
swiftdiesel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:18   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And for those who love design motifs, there's one on the rear windshield as well:
This is almost exactly like the little 'cub' design motif the Jaguar E-Pace has throughout (including its puddle lamps). Tata is playing this one really well.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2018jaguarepacepuddlelamp.jpg

The rest of the car seems to be shaping up really well. Can't wait to test drive it!
rshnvjy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:25   #1287
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
In a tight fit bay like the Nexon's, there's not a lot of space you could play around with. The pictures can tell you that. The engineers cannot fix the wiper assembly anywhere they feel like. It needs to share space with so many other components. Added to that, you have various mechanical parts that need fixtures on the firewall and the wiper assembly cannot interfere with them. I'm sure they've weighed in their options before finalising this design.
It still remains an example of poor design. A better configuration could have been managed. Anyways, it is a trivial issue in what is a segment beating product! Three cheers to Tata for leaving no stone unturned to get this out to market.
Old 25th July 2017, 20:26   #1288
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

The wearable wristband key seems a little too silly for my liking but perhaps if they are using this to target the 'active' buyer who wants to know how many steps he has taken between parking his car at work when he/she reaches in the morning to when he gets back in and drives home, it could be useful for a few (assuming ofcourse that it incorporates some sort of fitbit activity tracking technology). I used to wear a fitbit for about a year until I figured it was too much of a pain to log and track my activity, and that it was much easier to just make sure I got enough food and exercise to see the benefits on my body myself, but to each his own I guess.

Otherwise it just seems stupid IMO. I'd much rather press a request sensor on the door to open it while the key is in my pocket, and then leave it next to the arm rest somewhere. It's much better to tell the Valet that the key is in the central console instead of fiddling about, taking some rubber band off of your wrist and handing it over to the valet or even doing so once you've got home from a long night out or a hard days work. Does not seem like a USP to me.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 25th July 2017 at 20:27.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:27   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
What does this mean ?

Attachment 1660465

Seat Airbag ? I am hearing this first time,
Looks like its just a typo error. No mention of any other airbags other than these two.
Old 25th July 2017, 20:34   #1290
Distinguished - BHPian

WhatsApp messages readout & reply - another unique feature!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dflnx08uwae0bbs.jpg
(Source)

Unlike it's younger cousins, the Nexon gets a 25W x 4 amplifier 8-speaker system:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dflm9hdxyaebf9k.jpg
(Source)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Looks like there were only 2 display cars: blue XZ+ and the red (variant unknown).
The red one is also an XZ+.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfk7xy6xoaa1pmc.jpg

I am guessing that the blue Nexon has the 1.5L diesel under it's hood, while the red Nexon is equipped with the 1.2L turbocharged petrol.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th July 2017 at 20:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks