Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2017, 20:54   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
I have never owned a Tata car, so I dont have any first hand experience regarding their reliability. But for non-owners like me, various reviews and reports are the source of knowledge about reliability and niggles, especially team-bhp reviews.
This is the answer I gave on the Tiago thread about the Team-BHP standard disclaimer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Don't fret mate - this is kind of standard disclaimer you see when you read the product documentation.

Team-BHP puts this mention about scary\sub-par ASS in all the reviews of any cars from the stables of Tata, Mahindra, Renault, VW, Skoda, Fiat and Nissan (I may have missed few, I did search only three pages of our official review section of this forum), so if you really want to take it on face value, then among the budget brands, only Maruti, Hyundai, Ford and Chevrolet offers good after sales service

This is one part of the review I just ignore - it is said that changing perception is a Herculean task, and I do not see any of these manufactures changing the Team-BHP perceptions in the near future.

--Anoop
If you really want to dig a bit deep, read the Nano AMT, Zest and Tiago threads.

I rest my case.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 21:05   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have never owned a Tata car, so I dont have any first hand experience regarding their reliability. But for non-owners like me, various reviews and reports are the source of knowledge about reliability and niggles, especially team-bhp reviews. In each and every team-bhp Tata car review, the reliability issue has been highlighted as a con.
Please read up from this post onwards about perception and actual owners' faith in Tata.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3889552

I'm not claiming that A.S.S is the best. I'm just saying that they are as reliable as other brands as well. The faith being restored is what the gamble is about. So far, it's about 50,000 strong.
Old 7th January 2017, 21:05   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
If you really want to dig a bit deep, read the Nano AMT, Zest and Tiago threads.

I rest my case.
You are right. Changing perception is a Herculean task. But I still dont believe that this perception was made by non Tata people and the reliability issues are due to bad ASS.

It is a good thing that Tata is improving and I hope the situation changes soon, so that team bhp reviews in the future dont mention the reliability issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Please read up from this post onwards about perception and actual owners' faith in Tata.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3889552

I'm not claiming that A.S.S is the best. I'm just saying that they are as reliable as other brands as well. The faith being restored is what the gamble is about. So far, it's about 50,000 strong.
That is why it is a good thing that Tata is improving their quality, so that people who are non owners can also appreciate their quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
I am sorry, I am not Misguiding. I have owned Tata vehicles and that's the reason I gave my experience. Since Indigo, Manza and Vista days I have had great experience. And it's not based on just few 1000 kms that I am stating, they were all post 1.5 lakh kms that I gave this info to all. The reason that I could it go for another Tata was that, they had no new product after Manza. They may not have that quality but, reliability is an issue. I don't agree.
Please I am not misguiding anyone!
What I meant to say was, the perceived lack of quality of Tata cars is not a perception created by non Tata people, like you said in your previous post. It is just impossible to create such a perception if the products are good. I dont think any other automaker will try to create such a perception. And if they did, I dont think Tata will just sit and watch without countering them.

Last edited by deerhunter : 7th January 2017 at 21:17.
Old 7th January 2017, 21:07   #529
BHPian

Quote:
After seeing all these reviews, I just dont subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the reliability concerns are a creation of non Tata people. I agree that Tata cars have improved a lot in the past couple of years and that is a great thing. But saying that they dont have any reliability issues, since long, is misguiding.

I am sorry, I am not Misguiding. I have owned Tata vehicles and that's the reason I gave my experience. Since Indigo, Manza and Vista days I have had great experience. And it's not based on just few 1000 kms that I am stating, they were all post 1.5 lakh kms that I gave this info to all. The reason that I could it go for another Tata was that, they had no new product after Manza. They may not have that quality but, reliability is an issue. I don't agree.
Please I am not misguiding anyone!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th January 2017 at 10:04. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability. Thanks :)
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 08:16   #530
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note: Please keep this discussion focused on the Tata Nexon only. We have other threads discussing Tata's after sales service and the reliability of Tata vehicles.
Aditya is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 11:30   #531
BHPian

Wow! Tata threads sure are filled up with innovative issues (tirivial most of the times) to no end. Here it is the visible exhaust pipe and in Hexa thread it was the non-flat-folding 3rd row seat.

Once the test drive reports of Hexa started coming, people rightly forgot / neglected that issue.

Regarding the visible tail pipe, let's see how the production version turns out; even if it is what is seen the most discussed image here my guess is that it won't be such a strong turn-off for a potential buyer.

From the glimpse that I have got of Nexon test mule, I can certainly say it has amazing street presence with good ground clearance. This and many more will be the USP's of the car which would seriously overshadow the visible tail pipe negative.

I am not in the market for another car at the moment, quite happy with my Santro to serve as a 2nd car, but this Nexon has such a high desirability factor to it. You never know what might happen by the time it is launched.
Old 10th January 2017, 07:06   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This doesn't seem to be Nexon. The TN registration, tail lamp detailing, tailgate lines etc points to this, imo. A hyundai or renault?
I have a video too. It is a Nexon. I was following that for quite some time viewing it in 360 degrees multiple times after which the driver started smiling at me. That was an old test mule i guess, as they had the original head and tail lights replaced by temporary ones and the exterior was very dirty and soild.

Last edited by satish_tns : 10th January 2017 at 07:24.
Old 10th January 2017, 10:55   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted on the Pune-Nashik highway yesterday by TAI member Autospy.

Nice size comparo with the autorickshaw on the side.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170109164235.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170109164236.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:41   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spotted on the Pune-Nashik highway yesterday by TAI member Autospy.

The car does look big, I can't help but notice the Indica shell in the SUV. They could have designed it better I guess, looks like a raised Zest to me. I hope the production version looks good though.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 09:49   #535
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted / noticed yet - I saw a Nexon test mule today morning in front of Inox (Fame Ganesh), Chinchwad. The headlights had sweet looking DRL. They were shaped like an upside down italic 'C'. They looked gorgeous!

Sorry, could not take a pic as I was driving and the car was in the opposite lane.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th January 2017 at 10:01. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 13th January 2017, 09:57   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Attachment 1593849
Interesting ! That looks to be a Piaggio Ape - which is listed as being 1910 mm in height. So is the Nexon 18xx in height ?
Old 13th January 2017, 11:05   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Interesting ! That looks to be a Piaggio Ape - which is listed as being 1910 mm in height. So is the Nexon 18xx in height ?
1600mm, without roof rails.

Ground Clearance is 205mm.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 10:06   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

TAI member, Autospy, has again caught the Nexon test mule on camera on the Pune-Nashik highway.

This time, it was accompanied by a Tata Hexa test mule.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170114120803.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170114120800.jpg

Also, an AutoX spy caught up with the Nexon test mule a few days back.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspyshot.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th January 2017 at 10:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 10:27   #539
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening I saw these 2 Nexon's on NH4 near Chitradurga (205 kms from Bangalore). The car had good presence, the front is really wide. Also, from Front Quarter Angle it looked Big, but rear wasn't as good. There were 2 cars on Test, one was with Steel Wheels & another one with 5 Spoke Alloys. They were being driven at 90-100 kmph.

I couldn't take pic, as these were coming in opposite Lane & the fact that I was driving.

Overall, this car looks Promising & with the New 1.5 Diesel from Tata along with a decent Automatic (Strictly No AMT), this should do well. Tata should launch it ASAP, probably 1-2 months after KITE 5 Launches.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 08:22   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon spied in a 16" wheel configuration and petrol variant, launch speculated to be late 2017.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonpetrolenginetesting1.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonpetrolenginetesting2.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonpetrolenginetesting7.jpg

TZ
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed