Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 03:21   #2611
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

I like the white with a grey contrast. This iteration looks the best. But frankly the NEXON design is such that it shines in bright vibrant colours like Red and Blue. It needs pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Glasslow grey looks to be the best color of all five. Silver color is having lesser contrast with the ceramic plating. Will work for those who want less flashy exteriors.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 07:34   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Another surprise, the car has superb NVH in that scenario too ( save for some tyre noise, which at 110 km/hr and those goodyear tyres is expected)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post

Attachment 1680293
Wider tyres
Looks like Nexons comes with either Bridgestone or Goodyear Tyres. Is it a difference between higher or lower variants? Or did I miss something?

Between these two tyres which ones are better?
Old 28th September 2017, 09:25   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Looks like Nexons comes with either Bridgestone or Goodyear Tyres. Is it a difference between higher or lower variants? Or did I miss something?

Between these two tyres which ones are better?
Normally everyone in the forum prefers Bridgestone over Goodyear. I recall that when I bought the Bolt, the XE variant ALONE came with Goodyear and other variants with Bridgestone and dealer was not ok to swap. Quite possible that's the case with Nexon as well. However, I did not find anything bad about the Goodyear. I did consistently good speeds in some highway trips and all was well like with any other tyre brand.

On a different note, so many members are viewing the Nexon at dealerships ( CONDOR-ji seems to be visiting dealerships almost everyday to have 2nd and 3rd looks ) but no news of anyone booking ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 09:42   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I like the white with a grey contrast. This iteration looks the best. But frankly the NEXON design is such that it shines in bright vibrant colours like Red and Blue. It needs pop!
Yes the white looks absolutely fab with the silver accents.

After an overdose Blue and Red people who started associating NEXON with funky looks will change their opinion after seeing this video.
Old 28th September 2017, 10:09   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Yes the white looks absolutely fab with the silver accents.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=3XdAR1IrEw0
After an overdose Blue and Red people who started associating NEXON with funky looks will change their opinion after seeing this video.
This one is white color IMO. Notice the darker ceramic treatments. Silver one has whitish ceramic. Car looks good none the less
Old 28th September 2017, 10:45   #2616
BHPian

I am looking for a petrol car and had been waiting for the Nexon details to come out. But even after the launch, I am not able to get a clear picture of the driving characteristics of the petrol version. I have tried to look at various reviews and what I do hear is that Diesel is good but the petrol is so-so at best. There are mention of jerks, turbo lags etc.

Can someone put a comparison with the Zest petrol, since it is the same engine with a different tune. Or guide me to an appropriate message/thread.

Zest petrol has good diveability according to TBHP review and other ownership reviews. Good low end torque but lacks mid range and top range punch, even if it is not bad. How would one compare this with Nexon Petrol? If anyone who has driven both or is informed about both can answer, it would be helpful.
Old 28th September 2017, 10:58   #2617
BHPian

May be, I am late in the game. White Nexon is with a grey ceramic strips! Looks elegant on both door sills and on fog lamp. Good execution, I would say.

Prem.
Old 28th September 2017, 11:35   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
I am looking for a petrol car and had been waiting for the Nexon details to come out. But even after the launch, I am not able to get a clear picture of the driving characteristics of the petrol version. I have tried to look at various reviews and what I do hear is that Diesel is good but the petrol is so-so at best. There are mention of jerks, turbo lags etc.
I have not driven the Zest, but got a chance to drive the Petrol variant. I had posted my observations few pages back and have quoted part of it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I had the pleasure of test driving both petrol and diesel Nexon yesterday, when a colleague had asked them to come to our office.

The return trip from the showroom was in the petrol variant. This was a red colored Nexon, and thats where the disappointment began. In my personal opinion, this is the worst color on Nexon, no offence to anyone. The petrol engine takes bit of effort to get going. There is non sufficient power below 2000 RPM and you need to work through gears to get it going otherwise you will get honked in traffic signals. Once past 2000 RPM the engine frees up but then the 3 cylinder clatter starts becoming evident.

To those considering the Nexon, diesel is clearly worth buying. However for petrol buyers, I think we have seen many engines that are better, and few more are coming which should be better like Ecosport and the 1.5 on S-Cross expected early next year.
Petrol Nexon can be considered if you want a compact SUV and on a tight budget. If budget can be increased, look at Ecosport, if you can look at hatchbacks or sedans, look at Baleno, i20 etc.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:53   #2619
BHPian

I called Basudeb Auto, Ranchi just for an inquiry about the Nexon. The sales guy named Pramod was very prompt in sharing with me the pdf copies of all the relevant documents (brochures etc.) including the price list over whatsapp. He also sent some pictures of glasgow grey Nexon. Pictures of the car as well as the price list is being shared here with permission. Pricing is way more attractive in Ranchi.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170928_114247.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170928wa0010.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170928wa0008.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170928wa0009.jpg  

Aakarsh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:55   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone put a comparison with the Zest petrol, since it is the same engine with a different tune.
There is no similarity between Zest and Nexon petrol engine apart from the fact that they both are 1.2L and have turbo. Zest engine is archaic 1.2L 4-cylinder cast-iron unit while Nexon engine is 3-cylinder engine from Tiago/Tigor with turbocharger added.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:56   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
May be, I am late in the game. White Nexon is with a grey ceramic strips! Looks elegant on both door sills and on fog lamp. Good execution, I would say.

Prem.
In my opinion, even the Silver colour NEXON should have come with the same Grey Ceramic accents as the White coloured NEXON. Would have looked elegant due to the contrast. The White Ceramic accents are not immediately visible in the Silver coloured NEXON. But, on the other hand, its suitable for someone who don't like the White Ceramic accents standing out in other colours.
Old 28th September 2017, 11:58   #2622
BHPian

Quote:

Can someone put a comparison with the Zest petrol, since it is the same engine with a different tune. Or guide me to an appropriate message/thread.

Zest petrol has good diveability according to TBHP review and other ownership reviews. Good low end torque but lacks mid range and top range punch, even if it is not bad. How would one compare this with Nexon Petrol? If anyone who has driven both or is informed about both can answer, it would be helpful.
The Zest's petrol engine is a 4-cylinder engine and Nexon carries the 3-cylinder from Tigor/Tiago, with an addition of a turbocharger and other components. The naturally aspirated Tigor/Tiago engines however have poor reviews.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 12:18   #2623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
I called Basudeb Auto, Ranchi just for an inquiry about the Nexon. The sales guy named Pramod was very prompt in sharing with me the pdf copies of all the relevant documents (brochures etc.) including the price list over whatsapp. He also sent some pictures of glasgow grey Nexon. Pictures of the car as well as the price list is being shared here with permission. Pricing is way more attractive in Ranchi.
Wonderful pricing!
Contrary to my expectations though, the car looks less appealing in this colour. I was expecting it to be the best shade on the Nexon. Of course there is that probability that the colour reproduction was messed up by the camera/software on the phone. Still, this shade seems to be hiding a lot of good visual design cues from the car.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 13:13   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post
Took a test drive of Tata Nexon (diesel variant) today for around 10 kms.
Thanks for the pics. The front and front three quarter are the only profiles the car looks good in.

I have been trying to get my head around the exterior looks of the car and not very convinced with it, still looks very indicaish. I have also seen it in person. The rest of the package is pretty good though.

But for the exterior looks, I may have gone for it. I will wait to check out the new Ford Ecosport and new S Cross before taking a decision.

If the Scross or Brezza comes with the Boosterjet engine sooner, that will be my pick !
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 13:56   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a petrol car and had been waiting for the Nexon details to come out. .....

Like others have mentioned before - Nexon is a turbocharged 3-cylinder unit whereas Zest has a turbocharged 4-cylinder unit. So you cannot compare the engine performance directly between the two.

However, I read this review in yesterday's The Hindu Metrolplus (Bangalore edition). It is a comparo between the Petrol Nexon and Petrol Ecosport.

The reviewer says Nexon Petrol is a better overall car than Ecosport Petrol. The Nexon’s petrol engine offers a good amount of punch, ride is very comfortable and this car is agile.

"The Nexon’s engine feels refined and silent – you can set the car to run in three drive modes, Eco, City and Sport. The engine responds in a positive manner, and the Nexon marches forward smartly for the most part. It’s only when you put your foot down that there’s a slight hesitation before power comes in. Of the three modes, it's the ‘Sport’ that's the best and with which the engine feels the smoothest. Performance is strong in this mode and the car is capable of achieving a 0-100kmph time of 12.33sec. Eco mode, as expected, is by far the least exciting of all. The gearbox wasn’t the best to use; gears don’t always slot in well, you ‘miss’ gears at times when you are in a hurry.

The Nexon handles well, it’s light, fast and zippy. It has a fair amount of grip, and it even feels confident when you’re taking turns quick. Ride quality is supple and absorbent, and while most bumps and broken roads are tackled well, it’s only the really sharp ones that enter the cabin. At highway speeds though, the EcoSport feels a lot more stable than the Nexon."

Link to complete article

PS: I own a Zest petrol. And I 100% agree that it has good low end torque but lacks mid range and top range punch.

Last edited by srvm : 28th September 2017 at 14:14.
srvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks