Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 18:50   #1966
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Yes it will be officially launched around 21-22 September.
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:58   #1967
Senior - BHPian

For a new product, especially for a Tata with polarizing looks and a new engine, people do take time and multiple test drives to make up minds on the purchase.

Nexon should have been already launched if Tata want to be in time for festival season.
simplyself is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:50   #1968
BHPian

Saw this today in Twitter
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170822114800536_com.twitter.android.png  

arif_t01 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:06   #1969
BHPian

Hi moderators, when can we expect team-bhp review of Nexon? Please let us know so that we will calmly wait for it.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:46   #1970
Senior - BHPian

According to media reports, the Tata Nexon is will be launched in September 2017. Tata Motors dealerships across India are reported to have started accepting bookings for the initial batch of Nexons that are expected to be delivered by late next month.

While Tata Motors has revealed that the Nexon will be launched next month, it has not mentioned a specific date for the same.

Source: News18

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:12   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Nobody knows when the Nexon is going to be launched.

I firmly believe that, to be in time for the festival season, it should have already been launched. Atleast in the five southern states, especially in the telugu state where Dasara is a major occasion for buying new vehicles.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:43   #1972
BHPian

I always wonder, Out of those commenting about the "Nexon launch getting delayed and it should have been launched today or yesterday", how many would really buy if its launched today or had been launched yesterday!

I don't want to point to anyone, but, this is always a comment about every launch and more so often while Tata launches something. I am pretty sure, not everyone is really concerned of Tata's success If so, we would have seen a lot of Tata car users than its bashers!

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 09:32   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I always wonder, Out of those commenting about the "Nexon launch getting delayed and it should have been launched today or yesterday", how many would really buy if its launched today or had been launched yesterday!

I don't want to point to anyone, but, this is always a comment about every launch and more so often while Tata launches something. I am pretty sure, not everyone is really concerned of Tata's success If so, we would have seen a lot of Tata car users than its bashers!

Prem.
And it will always be like this, the hype that a product has created gets diluted by delays (attributed to the manufacturer). Every day of delay takes away the customer who are already in the market and in majority of the cases do not want to hold their investment decision.

I fail to understand any sane reason for such delays? Is the company not ready with product or with pricing or with its marketing strategy ! Lack of confidence at any stage of product launch is detrimental to its success.

Market is positive about the product but not about the delays, in the mean time new Verna is also out in the market; they may be of separate segments with different DNA altogether, yet one has to understand that it can shadow Nexon as the price segment is similar (a lac plus or minus) and Hyundai as a brand is miles ahead of Tata. ''

So the issue is whether or not I would spend money on Nexon if it is launched today / yesterday, its is the disappointment caused due to this mischievous delay in pricing and delivery schedule announcement (Hyundai has done both, and has also announced price protection which is brilliant)

Last edited by i74js : 24th August 2017 at 09:38.
Old 24th August 2017, 09:55   #1974
VVP

Haven't the launch of Jeep compass in the 15 lac price segment increased the possibility of Renegade starting in the 10 lac category ? A top spec nexon must be costing that amount I suppose. Isn't that a threat at this point of time, since it can make some prospective nexon buyers wait a little bit more???
Old 24th August 2017, 09:58   #1975
BHPian

I believe that there is a time for everything. In teams of Media Launch, Media Drives, Website launch, Demo Car & Sales Dispatch to Dealers, Final Launch, and Dispatch to end users.

With Tata it seems like they have always messed it up. Take any launch, something is missing. be it Hexa, be it Tigor, now Nexon. every product has suffered due to not proper marketing / launch. Just add the time they take for a product turn around. it seems like seriously flawed decision making process.

Most of the us in here want TATA to succeed. Can forget they gave us the safari, the indica, CS... but those cars made new segments. not fought on established products. Now the HEXA, Tigor, Tigo are quality products being let down by Marketing.. They need to pull more heads in Management and get their act together.. Else all the effort will be down the drain.

Just wish someone in TATA realised this quick else TATA will be another FIAT in INDIA.
rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 20:00   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is that once the hype subsides, people forget that the product exists, especially since they haven't even seen the car yet. I was so excited about this launch, but like many others, I feel betrayed to a certain extent. It makes absolutely no sense to launch a car two months after the media drive. Public memory is short. No other manufacturer does this. Ideally, they should have ensured the availability of test drive cars and then promised customers that the product would be delivered in September. No one who plans to buy a car before Diwali will wait for the Nexon. Car buying is a long process in a crowded market. People take multiple test drives of multiple models before finalizing. So far, not even the variants have been released and this is very disappointing. I do not want this to sound like a rant, but the marketing team at Tata seems to be out of touch with the market sentiment.
Nissan1180 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 20:34   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nexon launch getting delayed
In this case it can hurt them as they will not be in time for the festive season when all manufacturers see a spike in sales. In case of Tata/Mahindra, they see almost 3-4K increase in sales during festive season. Now with the Nexon launch in late Sep, they are not giving themselves the time for positive word of mouth to filter in. This would mean that most folks who are sitting on the fence for a compact SUV will end up buying the Brezza/Updated Ecosport.

After festive season, its usually a dull sales period where in most people wait for Jan to get new year model/registrations. All this put together will effectively mean that for 3.5 months from launch, the car might not have a lot of traction in the market.

Tata got it right with the Zest, which was launched in Aug 2014 and they ended up selling ~16.5K units in 5 months. That is a very healthy average of 3.3K units every month. Similar story with the Tiago, launched in Jan & in June they were doing 4K units and suddenly in Oct & Nov they sold 6K units.

Hence I think that this delay in launch will impact their sales in the first few months. In some ways its all about momentum, which they had after the media drive and now its almost died down. The updated ecosport will be the buzz in town in a few weeks and Tata will really need to spend a lot more money to be heard amidst the din that the updated Ecosport makes. If Maruti decides to offer some "deals" on the brezza, then who do you think will be interested in the Nexon?
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 22:08   #1978
BHPian

Guys, while I appreciate all the responses, it still points to "some" or "most" or "people". I don't see "I" anywhere

To me, decision making on the car buying is NOT a long process.

I have my requirement, explore the market for options, prepare a list along with the priority and go after them.
Net-net, it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks to decide.

Amidst all, let's not forget we buy car and it's an investment for 5 to 10 years.

So, the real buyer would wait for all his or her options instead of complaining here

In most cases, we complaint of something that we are sure that we would avoid and find/wait for reasoning.

Prem.
Old 24th August 2017, 23:14   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, while I appreciate all the responses, it still points to "some" or "most" or "people". I don't see "I" anywhere

In most cases, we complaint of something that we are sure that we would avoid and find/wait for reasoning.

Prem.
Unfortunately, many people have cars that are quite decent already and the itch to change is because a product is exceptional. Yes, being sure about a product is difficult when the manufacturer is unsure about a launch date. When my parents drove the Hexa, we were told that the test drive cars would be in in the second week of August. Now, they don't want to go for the test drive because it seems a bit far away and they said they would rather keep the current cars for a year more rather than invest in a new model. For many, it is not about necessity but an indulgence. Perception matters a lot for making that wish transform into a purchase. My parents, unfortunately, are still a apart of 'the many'.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 23:38   #1980
BHPian

Yes, I tend to agree with kaviprem. Common people don't care about the delay. When they set out to buy a car, they look at the options and decide. In other words, the potential buyers are not those who are buying a car now, but those who will buy after a month. Very few may wait for a particular car. Waning interest and all just don't matter looking at the big picture. I also don't agree with the point about striking it when it's hot, esp. talking about Tata. No matter what Tata come up up with, people will be apprehensive in the beginning. So, it will be more like slow and steady for them. I think, most are complaining because there's not much to chew on, which I understand.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks