Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 21:25   #1891
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

TASS, MASS and Hyundai Service are almost same. Every one has one's own perception.

I had a Maruti and a Hyundai at the same time. Both were pretty pretty basic ones - an Omni and a Santro. I sold them both and bought a Zest.

I got to talk to Tata mechanics each and everytime I take it to service. Not that I had a problem with the Zest but after service and just before the vehicle is to be brought for water wash. A trial drive, to have me satisfied with it, and to seek my opinion. I never had an opportunity either at Maruti or at Hyundai. Not that I need it, but I was never sought for my views there.

Tata ASS being incompetent is a thing of past.

Patriotism doesn't play a part in my choice of vehicle. But I do have a mental block with a few mass market ars foreign companies' cars.

I had a Bolero Camper 2002. The fuel gauge didn't function from Day 1. They changed it twice, the complete unit from tank to the cluster. No change. I left it at that. That vehicle ran for 12 lakh kilometers in 9 years and I had never seen it's gear box and differential opened.

I prefer this kind of mechanical integrity.

Last edited by simplyself : 8th August 2017 at 21:41.
simplyself is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 02:40   #1892
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I really don't care that JD Power puts them in fourth place. I go by my actual experiences with their after sales since 2013 till now which is all that is relevant to me.

Let's also put to bed the patriotism spiel for inconsistency if nothing else. We ought to also not be using Chinese smartphones in that case but these command the largest market share in India today and their makers also sponsor our biggest spectator sport. People behaving rationally will spend money toward that which gives them the most perceived value. Nothing wrong in that.
Would you have cared for JD Power if they had put Tata at the bottom? I agree with second part but if an Indian company gives a good product then how good is it to reject just because it is Indian? Well, some folks are plain paranoid to Tata brand, no matter how much Tata improve. And lastly, all service centres are more or less. Wether Tata or Toyota. I have come across many other brand owners who are just as dissatisfied. I think we even have a thread on wrong practices by Hyundai service centres. As for spending time sitting next to a driver at service centres, it is Toyota service centre, where highest per centage of drivers show up to hand over and pick up cars. Not Tata.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 03:09   #1893
BHPian

Can we rename this thread 'T-bhpians perception of Tata'

On this thread (& on the Platinum Etios thread), a lot of talk is on why the market won't do something for the Nexon (or the Etios). Maybe I'm in a minority, but I would expect a thread about Nexon to be mostly about the vehicle itself, its panel gaps or lack thereof and what not. Right now, such content is <50%.

Tata seems to be the new Fiat, even Fiat threads didn't see such sustained diversion of attention to non-vehicle aspects.

Last edited by yatin : 9th August 2017 at 03:11.
yatin is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 08:59   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
Can we rename this thread 'T-bhpians perception of Tata' .
Agree with you in Toto. One person compares Nexon to a particular vehicle and the discussion on this forum takes a U turn, another person discusses about after sales and that leads to starting of a sub forum. We BHPians and readers as well (some of them prospective buyers) are interested in unbiased review of this vehicle. Till the time TBHP review is out we should wait and restrict ourselves.
Happy Motoring.
itsmb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 09:41   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Never have I met a person, who cited panel gaps as a reason to not buy a car.

If proper, millimetre perfect, alignment of panels is the biggest pull for all customers, I must have been living in a bubble till now.

I so wish I had a scoop right now, to power this thread ahead.

Mods, since the thread has moved towards inane discussions, no body has nothing new to add. Till the time someone has something that merits continuation of this thread, IMHO, it shall be locked.
ashutoshb is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 09:53   #1896
BHPian

Isn't Team BHP a free internet public forum where any member can give his view within the rules of this esteemed forum? Since when was there a ban on views of members which goes against a particular manufacturer? What is wrong with rejecting a product because of inconsistent panel gaps? That member is looking for perfection in his choice of car which is his fundamental right. He is not asking others to follow suit. There is no hard and fast rule that people should patronize Tata just because its an Indian product.

People does not have the luxury of owning multiple vehicles to get an impression. They are well within their rights to base their opinion on the near and dear ones views. What is wrong in that?

Tata deserves to be in this position because they shot themselves in the foot in the past and they should suffer.

No member of this forum has any rights to stop others from expressing their views and opinions which are well within the rules and regulations of this esteemed forum. Absolutely no need to lock this topic for any reason.
arunramaswamy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 09:54   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Going through the reviews one second time, couldn't help but notice that TATA seems to have taken a step backwards in terms of fit & finish and even panel gaps.

Don't remember seeing such inconsistencies in the Hexa or even Zest. Hopefully they sort it out in the next month or so, before the launch.
If you go hunting for such misalignment and minute details, I'm sure you can find a couple of them even in luxury cars, let alone cars of the same segment. I wonder how you would conclude Tata took a step backwards in terms of fit and finish by looking at some screenshots from a video review. Even panel gaps being a bit more than usual is not a flaw as long as that gap is maintained for that panel all around. It doesn't necessarily imply all the panels in the car have the same gap. And while making such assumptions, it would help to go through more photos and videos floating around to get an overall picture rather than basing one's judgement on a couple of screen grabs from a video. To give an example, check this photo where the car is stationary and you really cannot notice an inconsistent panel gap where you mentioned. The panel gaps are different at places, but doesn't equate to inconsistent. The gap between the fixed part of the tail lamp on the body and the white ceramic element above it is more since one is a fixed part and the other moves with the boot which needs more clearance. You don't see the same gap with the part of tail lamp that's mounted on the boot. If anything, I find the fit and finish really well done, taking into consideration the number of panels converging there.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-edited.jpg

While we are on the topic, here are some photos of the 2nd top seller and 4th top seller in the country currently. Does it stop them from selling? I don't think so.

Baleno
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-marutibaleno29.jpg

Brezza
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-marutivitarabrezza21.jpg

I would suggest members to check out the car in person before commenting on factors like fit, finish, handling etc., which can be judged only by seeing and driving the car in person, and certainly not from screenshots of videos.

Last edited by jayded : 9th August 2017 at 09:58.
jayded is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 10:26   #1898
BHPian

I think team BHP review is long due now given that it is more than 10 days now. It will also put a lot of contradicting comments to rest. People are bound to make assumptions at present based on videos given that the test drive car is not available yet.

I am eagerly waiting for the team bhp review as most of us here. Please don't delay it more.
Old 9th August 2017, 10:56   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
It doesn't necessarily imply all the panels in the car have the same gap. The panel gaps are different at places, but doesn't equate to inconsistent. The gap between the fixed part of the tail lamp on the body and the white ceramic element above it is more since one is a fixed part and the other moves with the boot which needs more clearance. You don't see the same gap with the part of tail lamp that's mounted on the boot. .
Rightly pointed out. I only see that as soon as it is TATA, we start nitpicking. Go through any of the TATA discussion, you will invariably see Quality, Engine, Service & Gears as the discussion and not the cars.

if you look at Tiago, Hexa, Tigor.. only aspect i see that TATA needs to work is the Gear Shift.. Rest all these cars have had progressive improvement in terms of Quality, Engine and features... But we still keep talking about negatives instead of all the positives that TATA is Bringing. WHY?

Now that Nexon is coming out give it respect and lets not build negativity. And don't judge a products without even have seen & felt the car.. Based on that call a spade a spade....

With regards to Reviews.. Most of the reviews are balanced. So wait for our own detailed World Class report.. and hope we can spread the right image post that....
rajchetan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 11:09   #1900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I think team BHP review is long due now given that it is more than 10 days now.
VW Tiguan and Jeep Compass drives were conducted prior to Nexon media drive. Those are still due.

As GTO clarified quite a few times over the last month in other threads - they can choose only two between precision, detail and time. And we all know which are the choices they would make, every single time.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th August 2017 at 11:13.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 11:27   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
VW Tiguan and Jeep Compass drives were conducted prior to Nexon media drive. Those are still due.

As GTO clarified quite a few times over the last month in other threads - they can choose only two between precision, detail and time. And we all know which are the choices they would make, every single time.

But have we got the vehicle already for review? I remember we didnt get Tigor.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:36   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I think team BHP review is long due now given that it is more than 10 days now. It will also put a lot of contradicting comments to rest. People are bound to make assumptions at present based on videos given that the test drive car is not available yet.

I am eagerly waiting for the team bhp review as most of us here. Please don't delay it more.
People waiting for Team-Bhp Official reviews, keep in mind these are context and content based reviews, which are manually "Written" by the Moderators who go for the Media Drives or have car for review. Making video reviews is much easier than writing, you just need to have camera which can record video and audio, rest of the work is done by the video editing team.

Why Team-Bhp Official Reviews are so popular is because of the small to big things they have noted and written about such things, on top of that they include pictures of it. Many others are following and copying such method's but are not up to the mark.

Now if one wants to know something about a car, its easier to come here and Crtl + F and search rather than watching the a video which might end up having no mention of the thing which the person was looking for

To sum all of this, it requires experience, patience and a lot of proof reading to make such reviews. No one would like to see mis-guiding reviews.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 15:03   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Over on the Hexa thread, someone got one, on road, for 12.85 lakhs. Admittedly the lowest trim, but even that does not skimp out on many features, and the safety ones are all present.

If one has the space to drive and park it, and has enough passengers to fill it, that is an absolute steal that nothing in the market can approach today.

By the same standards, the similar trim Nexon should be 7-8 lakhs, on road?
Old 9th August 2017, 15:34   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
By the same standards, the similar trim Nexon should be 7-8 lakhs, on road?
They launched Zest top variant (XT) @ 5.99 L ex-showroom for petrol and 6.99 L for diesel. Tata should not exceed these figures for Nexon base variants. If they launch base variants of Nexon around these figures OTR will fall in the range you mentioned. That is good considering major safety features are standards across variants.

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th August 2017 at 15:36.
Old 9th August 2017, 18:00   #1905
Senior - BHPian

The first batch of petrol engines that will power the Tata Nexon has been dispatched from Tata Motors' Sanand factory.

The newly developed petrol engine is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder unit which produces 108 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 170 Nm @ 2,000-4,000 rpm.

Link to Team-BHP News

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-unnamed.png

Last edited by TusharK : 9th August 2017 at 18:01.
TusharK is online now   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks