Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 21:43   #46
BHPian

Re: The Datsun Redi-Go Hatchback

Have to say the RED color looks really pleasing compared Green color in Redi-GO.

What is that vent present above the infotainment unit ? I can see an circular vent, but not sure on the one next to it.
Old 13th May 2016, 01:48   #47
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Externally, the Redi-GO looks quite nice for an A-segment car that would compete against the Alto. It may not be as unique as the Kwid, but it's certainly not ugly by any stretch of the imagination. It looks more like a tall boy kei-car from Japan that was localised for Indian conditions.

Despite sharing the platform, the dimensions are different from the Kwid. It's shorter in length but has a marginally longer wheelbase. It's also taller than the Kwid and has an additional 5 mm of ground clearance over its sibling. Redi-GO's GC of 185 mm is the highest in its class!

The LED DRLs are a nice touch, which I'm sure will be restricted to the top variant. Sadly, front fog lamps are missing even on the top variant, and I doubt if effective fog lamps can be fixed in those tiny spaces above the LED DRLs. The very light kerb weight does cause plenty of concern about its performance in an NCAP crash test.

The interior is a different story from the exterior. Not only does it look plain and dull, cost-cutting is also glaringly visible on the inside. The Kwid manages to hide its cost-cutting bits quite well, but the same cannot be said of the Redi-GO. All that exposed metal on the inside isn't a pleasant sight. Plenty of bits are also shared with the GO & GO+. The seats look like they're lifted from the Kwid, unfortunately along with those nasty fixed rear seatbelts.

The saving grace for the interior is space. For a car in its class, the rear seat space looks pretty decent. The higher roofline and marginally longer wheelbase may even make its rear seat more spacious than that of the Kwid.

The Redi-GO should be able to achieve decent success (perhaps not as much as the Kwid) if it's priced right, which I think it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
What is that vent present above the infotainment unit?
That must be one of the A/C vents. It's indeed very odd that they've used three circular vents and one triangular one.

Last edited by RSR : 13th May 2016 at 02:12.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:58   #48
BHPian

johannskaria is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 18:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

It does looks bigger and far better than Alto 800. Kwid is a good city car and looks good too. From the video the interior of RediGo does look better but only a TD of one can reveal the truth. The plastics/metal of Kwid felt pretty bad to me even if I compare to old Alto's.
Old 13th May 2016, 20:03   #50
BHPian

Autocar has come up with a short test drive and review.

Quote:
A lot hinges on the price, of course – the car won’t be launched until early June, but we expect it to slightly undercut all its rivals, at a starting point of around Rs 2.5 lakh. In this fiercely competitive segment though, ‘slightly’ might not be enough if Datsun wants to make a serious breakthrough. It’s a solid product, but it doesn’t have anything unique that pushes it head and shoulders above the rest. The only thing that could give it an edge is a shockingly low price, so let’s hope Datsun pulls a rabbit out of the hat and undercuts even our estimate.
Old 14th May 2016, 06:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

Motorbeam first impressions are out-

Carblog India -

Old 16th May 2016, 17:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Surya Nissan at Marathalli have one for Display. The car overall was a big let down. I am not sure if it is a pre production version. The dashboard would flex even with slightest push. The Glove box is completely useless and stereo system felt too tiny and dated. The legroom at rear however felt better than Kwid and so was under thigh support. The front door pads donot cover the body completely and exposed metal was not looking nice. The boot felt comparable to Kwid, but the latter seem to have better designed boot.
While the Kwid feels more muscular, Redi-Go looks more feminine. The Kwid looks longer and wider and Redi-Go looks narrower and taller(which actually it is).

To me Redi-Go felt better than Alto 800 and good for a neck to neck fight against the Eon, but may not be able to compete with Kwid until priced atleast 30-40K lower than Kwid.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 17:48   #53
BHPian

Redi-Go first drive by Autocar

Old 25th May 2016, 15:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahead of it's launch in the first week of June, the Datsun Redi-Go has been put on display in a Datsun showroom in Goa.

The Datsun Redi-Go Hatchback-datsunredigogoaline.jpg

The Alto 800/Kwid challenger can be booked by paying an advance of Rs 5,000.

Goa On Wheels
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Redi-GO to launch on June 7.

Quote:
Datsun is all set to launch the redi-Go in India on June 7, 2016. The redi-Go will be positioned as an entry-level offering in the Datsun portfolio. Based on the CMF-A platform that also underpins the Renault Kiwd, the Datsun redi-Go is expected to be priced between Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 3.5 lakh. Upon its launch in India, the redi-Go will compete with the Hyundai Eon, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and the Renault Kwid.
Source
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:32   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Starting price leaked on the official website ahead of the Redi-Go's June 7th launch:

The Datsun Redi-Go Hatchback-datsun_redigo_leakedprice.jpg

Caught by the sharp eyes of Autocar India.

It has been taken down since.

Quote:
Datsun India’s website currently shows the starting price of the Redigo as Rs 2.39 lakh. This could be a technical glitch or human error as the carmaker was to reveal the prices on the day of the launch, along with variant and equipment details.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd June 2016 at 20:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 22:25   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Starting price leaked on the official website ahead of the Redi-Go's June 7th launch
That is human/system error IMO. Look at that "AAAAA" underneath the pricing.

I have been regularly checking the Dataun website for the brochure of Redi-Go but it isn't updated yet. Today morning when I opened the site, it was available, happily I downloaded but sadly it was Datsun Go's brochure uploaded for Redi-Go.

Could be a system error again.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 08:17   #58
BANNED

Datsun has realised the error I guess and removed the 'Redi-Go' from the "Brochure" section which would eventually get updated after its launch.

The Datsun Redi-Go Hatchback-untitled.jpg
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a scenario of Website testing, with Brochure upload and page layout being tested.

Such activities are generally done in a test environment called "Sandbox".

However, if the price does end up to be true, I think the Alto should start worrying (with Kwid already denting sales)

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2016 at 07:10. Reason: Typo
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:22   #60
BANNED

So, many manufacturers are on fire and attacking maruti directly in this segment. It's very exciting to wait and watch how maruti is going to react. Are they going to launch another entry level hatch or they will continue giving cosmetic updates to alto ?
Doylthippo is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks