Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2015, 20:08   #256
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Pls refer to this link i.e.
I'm curious to know what exactly do other owners (and you) do to stream music via Bluetooth. Am I missing out on something?

1. Once the phone is paired, I set it as favourite phone.
2. I play a track on my phone and automatically the song/track details appear on the Sync Screen. This used to happen on it's own all the time until yesterday.

Shall try to unpair all phones and work over it tomorrow.
Old 20th December 2015, 20:23   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
1. Once the phone is paired, I set it as favourite phone.
2. I play a track on my phone and automatically the song/track details appear on the Sync Screen. This used to happen on it's own all the time until yesterday.
That is correct. Hopefully this will be rectified next week when i get the 1st service done.
Old 21st December 2015, 10:22   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
While my phone has connected via Bluetooth to the Sync and is showing my phone's contacts and other things, the Sync is unable to play music from my phone via Bluetooth.
This has been reported by Ford owners worldwide (google: 'ford sync bluetooth stopped working') and the only solution that works is to disconnect the battery. Some Ford cars have a separate fuse for sync that can be reset individually without disconnecting the battery.

Cross posting a few links from other forums:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...oth-audio.html
http://www.fiestafaction.com/forums/...rking-Try-this
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:33   #259
BHPian

so guys, Many thanks to Team BHP and all those who helped me take my decision on buying the Ecosport. I got delivery of my Silver 1.5 AT last sunday and and enjoying my ride so far. I must say, this changeover from my Linea MJD to ES AT is a big change. I will try to put up a short review on my buying experience and initial ownership in a few days.
A few quick initial observation is the arm rest. its completely useless while driving. Considering the AT, Ford shd have provided a better armrest as the left hand has nothing to do now. it is very oddly placed. not sure of anything can be done now. i am sure others have this issue. for some reason i think the armrest was better placed in the prefacelift version. despite of taking multiple test drives i cant recollect this now.
Thanks all once again.
cmayur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 23:59   #260
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
A few quick initial observation is the arm rest. its completely useless while driving. Considering the AT, Ford shd have provided a better armrest as the left hand has nothing to do now. it is very oddly placed. not sure of anything can be done now. i am sure others have this issue. for some reason i think the armrest was better placed in the prefacelift version. despite of taking multiple test drives i cant recollect this nowl.
Nope As bad in earlier version as well. It generally works well for shorter and Skinner persons. Not at all for tall and well nourished ones.

That said the EcoSport drive being contolled by an EPS steering that is on the lighter side it is best you have both hands on the steering at all times. It would be safer. It would of course have been idle to also have an arm on the handrest. I tend to grab the side of the adjacent seat base when holding the steering with one arm.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 17:46   #261
BHPian

Took delivery of my smoke grey ecosport 1.5 TDCI titanium on December 4, 2015. Many thanks to the insights shared in various ownership reviews on the forum for helping me decide on this upgrade from a 2009 i10.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-img_1055-2.jpg  

dk7729 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:01   #262
BHPian

Did my first free service for Ecosport Diesel. Few observations i.e.
a) No update in sync software since last few months. Hence no update required.
b) It includes Engine Oil Change, General Checkup and Car Wash.
c) The engine has become much smoother now. Also the rattling engine noise which usually happens first thing in the morning and persists for a minute or two has reduced significantly.

The next service is at 10k / 1 year (Whichever earlier).
Old 7th January 2016, 10:56   #263
BHPian

Ford Ecosport sells 1481 units only for December 2015. I think this will be the lowest ever monthly sales for this model. Looks like Chennai Floods played havoc with the sales figures.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 11:11   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
For ES- Why buy
Looks
Ground clearance
Water wading capabily highest in segment and beyond
Feature Rich
Good Diesel and Petrol Ecoboost
Very good Petrol AT
Decent cornering.
Seating height.
Just close a door to compare bodies with vehicles in segment and beyond.
Loud Engine 1.5P for those that like the sound.
Good Music System. Not excellent but good.
Pricing. Most VFM among Urban SUVs.

Why Not
4.5 seats
Rough ride needs Rogers Suspension addition.
Petrol AT fuel effeciency averages about 10 so not for all.
Cannot bully anything but small hatches and compact sedans.
Ford is an average performer brand in India with only entertaining drive as it's known trait.
Loud Engine 1.5P
Interesting, I didnt know people buy automobiles to bully others
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 09:26   #265
BHPian

Ford Festival Offer. Details in the link i.e.
http://www.india.ford.com/offers?ext..._191444_spacer
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 15:33   #266
BHPian

Updates after logging 2920 kms / 2.5 months ownership / Completion of Free First Service i.e.
a) The Car indicates an average FE of 14.6 km/l. However the Fuelio Apps indicates an average FE of 15.35 km/l. The driving has been limited to city only with marginal congestion ( as both home and office is in suburbs).
b) Voice recognition software is below average. Sometimes i have spoken a particular name but the call went to somebody else.
c) Sync w.r.t messages and media is just above average. Suddenly one fine day it stops working. Also noticed a difference between Bluetooth and Auxiliary connected media. In Auxiliary connected media, the sound effects are missing.
d)The first service experience was quite good. The service center offers free pickup/drop facility.
Old 10th January 2016, 18:00   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
[b]

@shashanka: Let's give the yuppies some credit - most of them do good research before buying a car, and know what they are/aren't getting, marketing tags notwithstanding. And for those who don't know what they're buying into, who end up treating it like an SUV and suffer the consequences, well, that's their problem.
Right you are Arun! I think the subject has really been flogged to death & I for one am happy to hold up the white flag of truce - to each his own and live & let live!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 18:24   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Did my first free service for Ecosport Diesel. Few observations i.e.
a) No update in sync software since last few months. Hence no update required.
b) It includes Engine Oil Change, General Checkup and Car Wash.
c) The engine has become much smoother now. Also the rattling engine noise which usually happens first thing in the morning and persists for a minute or two has reduced significantly.

The next service is at 10k / 1 year (Whichever earlier).
I think the first service does not include engine oil change unless you specifically ask for it.
At least the service manual does not include oil change in first service. I got mine serviced a few months back and i had specially checked this aspect.
Old 10th January 2016, 20:56   #269

My Silver Surfer arrives!

Yay! I got the Ecosport AT on 29th Dec.

On 31st, I and family went on a visit from Gurgaon to a relative in Bhuj. The car rides so well. Given the suprisingly good highways, it was a challenge to keep the RPMs under 2K . I felt that the Ecosport masks the speed wonderfully.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-img_20160102_132016.jpg

The pic above was taken after giving the Silver Surfer a much-deserved wash after an 1100 Kms journey.

The Silver Surfer has now clocked more than 2400 Kms. I got the first service done at Tanish Ford service center. I found the customer service to be much better than typical Hyundai I am used to.

I plan to get 3M anti-rust treatment and the paint sealant treatment done as soon as possible.

Can somebody confirm the availability of (art?) leather seat covers, that Ford provides on Titanium+ model, for the AT variant?

I have bought 3M micro-fibre towels and Jopasu duster. Need to buy a good shampoo now. Should I prefer 3M or Amway?
vaeroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 23:31   #270
BHPian

Re: My Silver Surfer arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeroon View Post

Can somebody confirm the availability of (art?) leather seat covers, that Ford provides on Titanium+ model, for the AT variant?
From what I was told by the SA, you can have the Ford art leather seat covers on the AT variant. They are not the best looking when compared to the leather seat covers in Titanium+ variant, but certified good enough to be used on the AT variant with 6 air bags. They cost about 8k.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks