Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 11:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: *Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?

Rumour: Datsun GO Cross India launch next year

Recent media reports suggest that Datsun India is planning to launch the GO Cross by the end of next year. The GO Cross was showcased as a concept at the 2016 Auto Expo. The response at the expo has reportedly motivated the Japanese automaker to increase the pace of the GO Cross project, so as to launch the production model in India by next year.

The GO Cross concept featured a distinctive front-end, featuring a hexagonal front grille, swept back LED headlights, a bulging skid plate, and black plastic cladding. The black cladding is expected to be carried forward into production, since it has now become a norm in the crossover segment.

On the inside, the GO Cross concept featured a 5-seater configuration, instead of the 7-seater arrangement found in the GO+ MPV. Datsun will also reportedly equip the production-spec GO Cross with a new dashboard.

Powering the GO Cross will likely be two engines: a 1.2-litre and a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel. Both these engines would be borrowed from the Nissan Micra.

Datsun will place the GO Cross in the hatchback crossover marketplace that currently comprises of the Hyundai Active i20, Toyota Etios Cross and the Fiat Avventura.

Source: Car and Bike

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 12th August 2016 at 11:21.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 19:49   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun Cross speculated to launch in Indonesia in 2017.

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-datsungocross.jpg
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-11.jpg
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-datsungocrossrear.jpg

Link
Old 12th July 2017, 19:33   #33
Team-BHP Support

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/07/d...brezza-273996?

As per IndianAutosblog, Go Cross is targeted to be priced below the Vitara Brezza, when it goes on sale in 2018.
Old 12th July 2017, 19:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

If it is going to be as tinny as its Go siblings, it might not find many takers.

I own five Go Pluses (cabs). Horrible build quality, horrible. The entire car vibrates at idle. You can even see the A and B pillars shaking.

And I have seen umpteen accident images of the Go siblings torn like an envelope.

If they want to go premium, the wafer thin sheet metal / light weight route is not going to work.

The car is surely a looker, though. If only they get the build quality right.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 22:40   #35
BHPian

I just want to see how all these players(DATSUN/RENAULT/NISSAN) will cope up with the situation once Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) comes into existence. Will they beef up their vehicles(crumple zones) and make them more safer to withstand impact or just dump their products with low sales.
Old 16th December 2017, 18:15   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun Go Cross coming in 2018.

The Go Cross will be launched in the Indonesian market before the end of the year.

Quote:
In Indonesia, the Go Cross will be powered by a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, petrol engine developing 68hp and 104Nm of peak torque. The motor will come mated to a five-speed manual, as standard – although a CVT automatic will also be on offer as an optional extra. Braking duties are carried out by ventilated discs at the front and solid discs at the rear, with ABS as standard, along with EBD and brake-assist.
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20171216030740_datsungocrossleak.jpg

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th December 2017 at 18:16.
Old 16th December 2017, 21:52   #37
BHPian

To me Nissan has just lost the whole plot here. With new crash norms coming in, how will these cars make any sense ?
Forget about Datsun even Nissan is clueless.
They can save time and forget about bringing this car to India unless they get their strategy in place
Old 17th December 2017, 14:53   #38
BHPian

Somehow these so called cross over's look really good than the actual production ones.

Datsun looks good and sadly that's where it all ends, have been in a OLA cab and every bit of cost cutting was visible all around and felt like sitting in a tin can. Hope this crossover gets a lot of safety equipment as well.
Old 20th December 2017, 12:09   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun's GO Cross spied testing in Indonesia,

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-datsungocrossmiripkonsepnya.jpg
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-bocorandatsungocrossspyshotsindonesia.jpg
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-datsungocrosstertangkapkameraspotted.jpg
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-hargadatsungocross2018price.jpg

Source
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Launching on 18th January- Datsun GO Cross!

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-hargadatsuncrossindonesia2018.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

To me it looks like Datsun has taken Tata's approach (with regards to Tata Nexon Concept and production version) and kept the Datsun Cross as close to the Go Cross Concept, as possible. The rear three quarters of Datsun Go Cross concept looked like Datsun's version of Nissan Terrano / Renault Duster to me initially, but they seem to have modified Datsun Go Plus with additional features, raised ground clearance and cladding etc. to make the Datsun Cross, which looks good to my eyes. I have compared the pics of Datsun Go Cross Concept and Datsun Cross (for Indonesia) below to prove my point.
Attached Thumbnails
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-datsun-cross-front.jpg  

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-datsun-cross-rear-quarter.jpg  

AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 14:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

With just a few days left before the world premiere of Datsun Cross in Indonesia, 2 test mules were spotted in Subang, West Java revealing new details like Indicators on ORVMs, probably bigger Quarter Glass after the C-pillar, Rear Wiper (as sighted previously), big Rear Spoiler (like in the previous spy-shot, but bigger than the one on Go Cross concept), different Wheelcap/Alloy design, body side/front/rear cladding etc.

Link:- http://otodriver.com/article/view/da...fydV2bL2xQ_Ac8
Attached Thumbnails
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-1.jpg  

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-2.jpg  

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-3.jpg  

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-4.jpg  

*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-5.jpg  

AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 11:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

The Tag Line for Datsun Cross in Indonesia is "Be a life Challenger". They have released a teaser video of Datsun Cross revealing a few details of the upcoming product. I seriously hope that it replaces the Go Plus from Datsun's India product line-up to give itself a separate identity, like Redi-GO enjoys.

A micro-site has also been put up on Datsun's Indonesia Website to show the video and pre-register for Cross' preview. https://www.datsun.co.id/datsun-cross.html
Attached Thumbnails
*Rumour* - Datsun Go Cross version coming up?-1.png  

AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
The Tag Line for Datsun Cross in Indonesia is "Be a life Challenger".
Going by the crash test results, one does "challenge" ones life by driving a Datsun so the tagline is spot on

On a serious note, Go cross is to the Go plus what the BRV is to Mobilio or the Hexa to the Aria. Apart from the front, the rest is moslty retained from the Go+ with the mandatory addition of the plastic claddings and roof rails. Though the Go+ was not ugly as such, the Go cross could have done better with the sleeker tail lamps of the concept and Beefier wheels to nail that SUV look. IMO the present wheels are too much inside the body shell which makes it look more MPVish. Also hope the new interiors would be better than the Go+. But frankly speaking the game here will be the price, I expect the top model to be priced at par with entry variants of Nexon, Ecosport etc. Interested to see this and how it fares.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 14:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Going by the crash test results, one does "challenge" ones life by driving a Datsun so the tagline is spot on
That is true indeed, but I believe that the BNVSAP, which should/would have kicked in From October 2017, makes it mandatory for any new car model to offer ABS and at least Driver Airbag from base variant onward, and also to be tough enough to pass Frontal and Side Impact Crash Tests. So, Datsun may make the car safer and heavier in order to be ready to pass the new tests. Till now every car maker had the excuse that their vehicles meet or exceed the safety features mandated by ARAI/SIAM (if I am not wrong), including my very own Tata Nano Twist XT.

I am just wishing for a more practical vehicle (for the budget conscious buyers) for the rarest of time, when we need to take more than 5 of our family together, as of now we take both our cars in such situations. We can always put up a luggage rack on top for hauling the luggage of 5+ people in case all seats are occupied.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th January 2018 at 14:45. Reason: fixed quote

Most Viewed