Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 08:16   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Seeing the Zauba data, there are the following engines, but not sure what all will come to India.

K12M (current swift engine)
K12C (dualjet?)
K10C (turbo petrol?)
Diesel - D13 (75bhp?)

Pricewise, the k12m base petrol should start at 5.5L to counter the likes of i20 and polo, and the diesel at 6.50L to give enough space for the yba suv (baleno: 6.50, yba: 7.50, scross: 8.50).

And they will have the pricing blunder of scross 320 in their mind.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th September 2015 at 08:41.
Old 30th September 2015, 08:25   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Baleno could air its commercial ad on 3rd October.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 5296
Size:  8.7 KB
Source: LiveMint
Quote:
Big brands line up behind ‘Quantico’ amid buzz TV series starring Priyanka Chopra which starts on 3rd Oct counts Flipkart, Raymonds, Maruti among sponsors
Dimensions, G C 170 mm (Indian Model)

Name:  Capure.PNG
Views: 5451
Size:  16.1 KB

http://www.rushlane.com/new-maruti-b...-12162935.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2015 at 08:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:32   #228
BHPian

I had gone to the Bimal Nexa showroom on Monday to discuss regarding the discounts on S-Cross. After all the discussion on the S-Cross, we also talked about the Baleno and my RM was pretty excited by the impending launch. He has already seen the vehicle in their stockyard and has pictures on the same - however, he would not show them to me at this point.

In fact, he is scheduled to go for training on the Baleno from tomorrow. He will also be driving the car and assured to give me the feedback about the car on Monday. The car will be coming in petrol manual, CVT and diesel avatars. He was hinting that the car might come in the DDiS 320 avatar also - but I am not sure. He was not sure about the turbo petrol though. Will visit him on Monday and update this thread with the information I get from him.
Vigkey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 11:23   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Is 15th October the launch date for the New Baleno in India? Its global site says a 15th October launch!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 5347
Size:  91.6 KB
Old 30th September 2015, 12:18   #230
Senior - BHPian

@ Volks

From this picture angle, it sort of looks like a notchback.

For all you know, the 2016 Dzire could be based on the same platform and similar fascia.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:13   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Not sure what has been discussed hitherto, but..

Got a call from a dealer today, he said there's a 1.3 and 1.0 "turbo jet" model coming and would be priced anywhere between 6-9L.
Now this is exciting and something to really look forward to. But then, "coming" is a very subjective definition of time - it can be 1 month or 1 year... as the room service says in hotels, "yes sir, your order is on the way but by the way did you want 1 roti or 2?"!

I think considering the import is August and is only 2 engines imported (at least on the screenshot), they may potentially be testing it in the YBA which could be launched in Auto Expo 2016 and then gradually introducing it on other vehicles.

Having said that, always ready to be pleasantly surprised

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 30th September 2015 at 13:15. Reason: completion of incomplete sentence
Old 30th September 2015, 13:16   #232
BHPian

If not at launch, I really hope they give us the Gasoline Direct Injected Turbo whenever they are production-ready for the European market. That would make Suzuki, the first Japanese manufacturer in India to offer a truly global hi - tech product in their portfolio. Up until now, it has just been lip - service by the Japs; with the Hondas and Toyotas milking their i-VTECs and VVTis to death.
Old 30th September 2015, 15:02   #233
BHPian

The chap seemed pretty sure of what he was saying and when I asked about the engines again, he repeated 1.3 and 1.0 turbojet.

This particular information had been conveyed to me by two separate sources, one was at a mall in South Delhi where the Ciaz was on display and the other source was when I received a follow up call the next day from the Nexa showroom. We had just stopped by to check out Ciaz! :P
Old 30th September 2015, 17:17   #234
BHPian

Found this news bit about "Suzuki Baleno".

Quote:
The Suzuki Baleno is based on the Japanese carmaker's new-generation platform, which has been designed to efficiently increase vehicle's rigidity while reducing its weight via redesign of the under-body structure and optimising overall vehicle design including parts mounted under-body.
There was discussion on Kwid's weight in some other thread. Looks like reducing weight without compromising on car's rigidity is global norm.

Launching date October 26.

Source: NDTV

Last edited by Nempuguru : 30th September 2015 at 17:33. Reason: Adding info on Car's rigidity while reducing weight.
Old 30th September 2015, 18:49   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

New Baleno on test, terrific road presence!

Quote:
In the video you can see Maruti Baleno from the side, while it is on the move and overtaking the likes of Maruti DZire, Maruti Ertiga, Maruti Eeco, Maruti Alto, Tata Indica, Chevrolet Beat, etc. Surprisingly, it looks relatively longer than all the cars mentioned above. It also has a much larger road presence than them
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-b.png

http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-balen...-12164980.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2015 at 18:53.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 19:16   #236
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki seem to have evaluated intelligently on offering the S Cross with diesel only as I see is for 2 reasons.

1. Make way for pricing the Baleno pricing - more spacing in the sub 10 L range.

2, Most importantly they were not yet ready with the 1.4L Boosterjet engine for India.The S Cross will come here in this variant some time in 2016.
I don't agree here. S-cross has huge potential with Petrol engine as lot many city buyers who mostly use car in city and for family purpose with limited monthly running always prefer petrol's. Petrol engines has many advantages as we all know & most suited to personal users. Basically Japaneses petrol's are famous for its maintenance free (very low, once a year service), no headache & trouble free nature. All Maruti petrol engines are famous for that with great fuel efficiency in each segment. I own one myself and my family and friends has more than 15 petrol cars from Maruti and all are very happy with it. They can price Baleno in between Swift and S-cross easily. Base Swift & Dzire starts below 5.5 Lacs I guess & S-cross could have started with 7.5 leaving enough space for Baleno. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
It is premium hatch, yes, but then, the competition has several premium hatches nowadays! Elite i20, Jazz, Polo, Punto, Figo - all in similar price ranges with their own USPs. If Maruti comes with 1.4L petrol, pricing it more, calling it premium, there will be less takers.
They are going to keep the engines same as the Swift, and hence the pricing should come as very reasonable, considering the extras they are going to offer.

Yes, there are many who love petrols, because of its smooth ride, and less initial cost (Petrol is easily 1 lakh - 1.5 lakhs cheaper than corresponding Diesel variants OTR). For those who drive sedately, or sparingly use, petrol should be the best option. Considering this, S-Cross should have been made available in Petrol. But they should have a marketing reason behind not offering S-Cross in Petrol, or with AT boxes.
I see huge potential here for Maruti. We all know Maruti's are cheaper than others. So they can price Baleno 1.4 at same price or little more than of i20, Jazz, Polo etc giving them upper hand. Potentially they can kill competition with 1.4 engine against others. Maruti can create new benchmark by doing this. They are leader in Indian market and should not be afraid to take such decisions. In my opinion they should launch Baleno with both 1.2 and 1.4 engine options. They can remove some features like alloys, start stop button, etc to keep costs lower and competitive. Come on Maruti, you can do it, go for it.
Old 1st October 2015, 21:03   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar -India speculates the pricing of the new Baleno, they are predict quite close to the real prices as seen in recent launches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACI
Assuming Maruti, as always, delivers a knockout price too - we expect it to undercut rivals at around 5.2-8 lakh.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd October 2015 at 17:20. Reason: Removing snap from the ACI mag - copyright violations. Replaced it with the statement.
Old 1st October 2015, 22:20   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Autocar -India speculates the pricing of the new Baleno, they are predict quite close to the real prices as seen in recent launches.
Hopefully the Baleno under cuts the Elite i20 and gives some competition to Hyundai, they have been ruling this segment for too long and some competition is badly needed and Maruti is best placed to give Hyundai a run for its money.

I don't think the Jazz has made any difference to Elite i20 sales, but the Baleno definitely will.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd October 2015 at 17:20. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 2nd October 2015, 00:15   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

In the market for an automatic car, had almost made up my mind to go with Figo DCT, I guess i will wait to see how Maruti prices the CVT model. Although DCt will probably be a better bet between two i am still ready to take a look at what Maruti has to offer.

Figo in itself is a very nice car and pretty loaded, so if this can match it i might have a very tough decision to make, What do you think guys can i expect a 7.5 lacs Ex showroom price for top end AT in Bangalore?
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:05   #240
BHPian

Met Nexa folks at Ritz Carlton in Bangalore and they told me, they are there for the Baleno training. I couldn't go to the extent of asking or harassing them about the details since I was slightly busy. Wish I had some time and I could snoop data out of them.

Looks like media drive is going to be soon and then followed by launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks