Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2015, 15:43   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I am going to the Hyundai showroom today to confirm the i20 or Xcent AT. Considering it is December, should I expect any year end discounts on the i20?
Not sure about the i20 but Hyundai has been advertising their December offers on TV quite aggressively. Try your luck, I think you may get a good deal.
Old 6th December 2015, 20:28   #1742
BHPian

A query to the present Baleno Alpha owners who have Android Smartphones- Have you been able to do Smartphone Integration with the Apple Car Play? The manual mentions a MirrorLink way to smartphone integration, but I am unable to do so? Is there a specific app which will help? I tried installing a few Mirrorlink apps from the Playstore, but have not been able to pair it properly.

It may be noted that I am able to pair my Android Phone with the system which helps me to access phone and also songs.
Old 6th December 2015, 21:12   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
A query to the present Baleno Alpha owners who have Android Smartphones- Have you been able to do Smartphone Integration with the Apple Car Play? The manual mentions a MirrorLink way to smartphone integration, but I am unable to do so? Is there a specific app which will help? I tried installing a few Mirrorlink apps from the Playstore, but have not been able to pair it properly.
I heard that only listed models of android phones are mirror linked with the system as of now. I did not ask further since I was not interested in mirror linking. You may Google and check if your device is compatible.
Old 6th December 2015, 21:34   #1744
BHPian

Quote:

It may be noted that I am able to pair my Android Phone with the system which helps me to access phone and also songs.
No havent been able to do this on my phone (Nexus 5). I understand the phone must natively support MirrorLink (Ex: Samsung Note 4). This is a technology (like Bluetooth) and not something we can add via PlayStore. We may need to wait for Android Auto coming next year.
Old 7th December 2015, 10:11   #1745
BHPian

Article on Indian built Baleno in a French website

Google translated text:
Quote:
Marketed in France from April 2016, it will be immediately available with three engines: a conventional 4-cylinder 90 bhp 1.2, which is derived from a hybrid version of the same power, and a new three-cylinder 1.0 turbo Boosterjet 82 kW (110 hp). The hybrid module is particularly interesting because it is a lightweight system, similar to that soon will equip some Renault. The electric motor alternator starter type only plays a role in assisting the block four-cylinder at the lower speeds. It relies on a network and two 12V batteries, one classic to lead to enhanced starting and other lithium ion of less than 0.5 kWh located under the passenger seat.
Website also claims that Baleno will be a Euro NCAP 4-STAR rated vehicle??
I am not sure how and where the source is from.
Old 7th December 2015, 10:41   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Website also claims that Baleno will be a Euro NCAP 4-STAR rated vehicle??
I am not sure how and where the source is from.
Since the car is not on sale in Europe it is very unlikely to have undergone the Euro NCAP test.

Quote:
Under no circumstance Euro NCAP will test vehicles that are not fully type approved, are not from series production or not legally sellable to the general public. Any evidence found - before, during or after the tests - that casts doubt on the production status of the vehicles, will automatically lead to an invalid result and follow up investigations.
http://www.euroncap.com/en/about-eur...ion-explained/

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th December 2015 at 10:42.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:32   #1747
BHPian

Has anyone noticed that a felt type lining has been used instead of a plastic one for the rear wheel well? Although it would help in reducing noise, it would be a PITA to clean.

I ran a search here but doesn't look like anyone brought it up in the past.
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:35   #1748
BHPian

Quote:

For delta variant , your tyre profile is 185/ 65 on R 15 rims as against 195/55/R16 in zeta variant onwards .
For your delta variant...

I have an alpha variant and when I enquired about tyre swaps then given its a new tyre profile there are hardly any options except going for 205/55/R16
Exactly! I find this a lil amusing. Given the fact the RM tell changing the tyre profile will void warranty. I really want to see how much difference does having these 2 profiles from the company change the ride quality. I am hoping to get the 15 inchers in matt black.
Old 7th December 2015, 14:08   #1749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Has anyone noticed that a felt type lining has been used instead of a plastic one for the rear wheel well? Although it would help in reducing noise, it would be a PITA to clean.

I ran a search here but doesn't look like anyone brought it up in the past.
IDK how effective it is the one in my Kizashi definitely does wonders. Hose it down with some pressure and that is enough to clean it. There are bigger things to fear actually; once I hit some bad drainage water at considerate speed and for the rest of the day, the smell was trapped in the wheel wells and the car was stinking from the outside
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 19:32   #1750
t18
BHPian

I visited the SK Wheels Nexa showroom at Turbhe last saturday afternoon to check out Baleno. And it was so crowded that after writing my name and number in their register the receptionist asked me to wait for atleast half an hour for the RM to attend me.

I took along my checkbook as I was sure of booking the Delta petrol and did not want to come back for booking as this showroom is far away from home and office.

To pass time I started checking out the car. I am six feet tall and when I sat in the driver's seat I could not find a suitable position. The steering wheel was very close to my knee's which were pointing sky ward. Tried various permutations and combinations of the seat height adjust and steering tilt and rake but to no avail. My knee's kept fouling with the steering.
And the ambience in the cabin was claustrophobic and I remembered how nice it was to drive the Jazz which was airy and I found a suitable driving position easily.

Disappointed I left the showroom without the test drive.
Old 7th December 2015, 20:17   #1751
BHPian

Checked my tyre pressure yesterday n it was in 40's.Guys need your suggestion. What should the ideal tyre pressure in my Baleno Alpha (P) be? Will be leaving for Gujarat at 3 in the morning tomorrow on 800Kms drive non stop. Don't want to take any chances on my first long drive before I have completed my running in of 1000 kms. Plz suggest.

Thanx
OHC VTEC
Old 7th December 2015, 20:45   #1752
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Checked my tyre pressure yesterday n it was in 40's.Guys need your suggestion. What should the ideal tyre pressure in my Baleno Alpha (P) be? Will be leaving for Gujarat at 3 in the morning tomorrow on 800Kms drive non stop. Don't want to take any chances on my first long drive before I have completed my running in of 1000 kms. Plz suggest.

Thanx
OHC VTEC
Almost all cars have a placard of such information stuck onto the driver's side doorjamb
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 23:05   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post

Thanx
OHC VTEC
It is 29 for all tyres as per manual. Even when I took delivery of my Baleno it was this high and the ride quality was very bouncy. Reduce it and you will enjoy the ride even further
Old 7th December 2015, 23:14   #1754
BHPian

Mods any news on the official review of the Baleno? I'm sure like me many people are hinging their purchase decision on the official T-BHP review.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 01:17   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I visited the SK Wheels Nexa showroom at Turbhe last saturday afternoon to check out Baleno. And it was so crowded that after writing my name and number in their register the receptionist asked me to wait for atleast half an hour for the RM to attend me.

I took along my checkbook as I was sure of booking the Delta petrol and did not want to come back for booking as this showroom is far away from home and office.

To pass time I started checking out the car. I am six feet tall and when I sat in the driver's seat I could not find a suitable position. The steering wheel was very close to my knee's which were pointing sky ward. Tried various permutations and combinations of the seat height adjust and steering tilt and rake but to no avail. My knee's kept fouling with the steering.
And the ambience in the cabin was claustrophobic and I remembered how nice it was to drive the Jazz which was airy and I found a suitable driving position easily.

Disappointed I left the showroom without the test drive.
Agree with you. Had the same feeling when I td'ed Baleno. It was claustrophobic and being a Maruti owner earlier, the feeling of seated in a Baleno reminds of you sitting in a Maruti instantly. I think it is tough for Maruti to shed its people's car image and jump into premium league.

The car is definitely VFM. Was impressed with the projector lights and AVN. But somehow lacked the punch to qualify into premium league. For me, it would be Jazz, i20 and then Baleno.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks