Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:22   #751
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Thanks. I booked Diesel SX(O) MT from Trident Hosur Road on 21st August, a day before the launch.

That's huge savings compared to the insurance in the price list I got from Trident that I shared earlier. The price list shows Insurance Rs 57,301 and extra Rs 6950 for 0% Depreciation. There might be some variation due to the difference in OTR price between Bangalore and Chennai but this is about 28K. The OTR in Bangalore is around 15.55 L, what is it in Chennai?

Interestingly the Trident price list shows Rs 13,523 for one year extended warranty and the OTR goes up to Rs 15,68,530 including that.

Thanks for clarifying on NCB.

Congrats once again. What was the OTR price in Mangalore? Did it include extended warranty? What was the insurance cost?
The OTR price in Mangalore was 15,30,370. It included extended warranty of 10,337. The insurance was 41,595 plus 6,860 for additional bumper to bumper cover.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:31   #752
BHPian

This is the price list in chennai. It is 14.93Lakhs for diesel Manual Sx0 in chennai. I may get atleast 25 to 28000 as savings doing insurance outside
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504328400241.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2017, 12:54   #753
BHPian

Went to Advaith Hyundai ORR today to check the Verna. As per the sales advisor current waiting period is 45 days, and no price guarantee.
Also invoicing will take time and will definitely be past the cess hike date. Do you guys think it's wise to pay the booking amount (Petrol SX) anyway and cancel if the ex-showroom exceeds 10lac (which most likely it will?)

Also noticed the display car had bridgestone instead of hankook tyres. The SAs response was that it depends on the batch! Is this true?

P.S.: The sales guy didn't seem much interested in pushing a sale. I hope it's because of the high demand+month start, and not because I was wearing shorts (visited the showroom while returning from Kicks on Grass).

Last edited by arit.mondal : 2nd September 2017 at 12:56.
Old 2nd September 2017, 13:00   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
Went to Advaith Hyundai ORR today to check the Verna. As per the sales advisor current waiting period is 45 days, and no price guarantee.
Also invoicing will take time and will definitely be past the cess hike date. Do you guys think it's wise to pay the booking amount (Petrol SX) anyway and cancel if the ex-showroom exceeds 10lac (which most likely it will?)
If you do go ahead and book it, get it in writing that they will refund the entire amount if post GST Cess Hike, the price goes above 10L ex-showroom.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 13:27   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Since there is a 3 year unlimited kilometer warranty on verna by hyundai and a possibility of extended warranty ( though no option of extended warranty available now but i am sure it will come), i am mulling my options. What do you guys recommend?
I thought one can opt for the extended only during the last servicing towards the end of the existing warranty period. Hyundai provides discounted prices for extended warranty few times during the year which is a good time to opt for the extra package.

Extended warranty does not include certain items unlike the original warranty. Check the updated exclusion list once before making the purchase.

Note : After 2years, i extended mine till 5years just for peace of mind. Not a single claim since the last 3.5years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Yes, I did get delivery of the car yesterday morning. The sales advisor took about 20 minutes to explain the salient features of the car which was followed by the handing over of the keys and posing for pictures with the staff of the showroom. It took about half an hour for the car to be delivered which included handing over of the relevant papers of insurance, road tax etc.
Congrats on your new car. Pics please ! :P

Quote:
Also noticed the display car had bridgestone instead of hankook tyres. The SAs response was that it depends on the batch! Is this true?.
They can switch the tires to whatever you want from within their inventory. Had happened with a friend's Honda(city). Do give it a try incase they agree.
Personally, i believe majority of the tires are better than the B250s the verna used to come with. So, even if they dont agree, do consider getting them switched to something better right out of the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
If you do go ahead and book it, get it in writing that they will refund the entire amount if post GST Cess Hike, the price goes above 10L ex-showroom.
By default a booking is refundable. A dealer will also refund the amount as a sign of goodwill deducting a very minor processing fees.
Getting this in writing is a guarantee that they dont play dirty during the cancellation.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 13:30   #756
BHPian

Quote:

Also noticed the display car had bridgestone instead of hankook tyres. The SAs response was that it depends on the batch! Is this true?

P.S.: The sales guy didn't seem much interested in pushing a sale. I hope it's because of the high demand+month start, and not because I was wearing shorts (visited the showroom while returning from Kicks on Grass).
My car, the top end model in petrol which was delivered yesterday had Bridgestone tyres while a diesel manual shift car on display in the showroom had Hankook tyres. Maybe the SA was right in this regards.
uvmallya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 15:27   #757
BHPian

Even though I had taken delivery of the car yesterday I had little time to click pictures in detail. The SA had explained some salient features of the car and assured that he would always be available for help if I had any doubts regarding any functioning of the various features available on this petrol top end model. I did manage get a few pictures taken at the time of delivery of the car and have pleasure in posting them.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-20170830_1220131min.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-20170830_1222311min.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-20170830_1221241min.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-20170901_1139501min.jpg  

Last edited by uvmallya : 2nd September 2017 at 15:30. Reason: Some mistakes crept in while uploading pictures.
uvmallya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:59   #758
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Super! Congratulations! The car looks stunning in white. Perfect color. Wish you and your family many happy miles with it. Any accessories you are planning to add?
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 18:19   #759
BHPian

Visited the Hyundai showroom for a TD of the Verna. Only car available with them was the Sx(O) diesel. My two cents:
  • Execution wise or part quality, there is very little to complain. However, the design itself is too basic on the inside. Neither classy nor sporty.
  • The clutch is extremely light but the rerurn action felt a bit aggressive, gearbox is slick and an absolute delight to use. Lent itself well for some aggressive driving.
  • The steering and suspension from the driver's perspective has to be the best ever on a Hyundai sold in India. I felt this to be a slight improvement even on the Elantra. Body control feels taut and suspension is definitely more mature than say an i20 and gives a near flat experience on undulating surface. Sharp bumps do filter through, though. You can actually have some fun in the diesel!!
  • Seat ventilation seemed to work only on the seat back. I remember the same to work even on the seat base in the Elantra and Sonata, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Even the sales advisor was clueless.
  • Rear seat is short on space. I am a 6 footer and on the wrong side of 90kilos. With driver's seat set to my position, there was hardly any space at the rear. I also had my hair messed up while sitting at the back.
Overall, even though the drive in itself was quite satisfactory the overall experience left wanting for more. It looks boring inside out and is short on rear seat space. Not for me!
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 18:53   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Super! Congratulations! The car looks stunning in white. Perfect color. Wish you and your family many happy miles with it. Any accessories you are planning to add?
Thank you Col. The car looks good in white and was my choice the moment I decided to buy the new Verna. I don't think there is any need for accessories right now.
uvmallya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 19:44   #761
BHPian

Had a short TD today. It was a diesel top end with Hankook tyres. Checked back seat first after adjusting front one for me. My height is 5'8" . The rear leg room felt just OK. Nothing great. The rear seat is set little higher than my 2011 Fluidic, and therefore felt better. The dash board too is set higher than my present car which makes the front more claustrophobic. The drive was extremely smooth. As usual NVH is fantastic. Engine sound was little less than my car which has done 79k now. The gear ratios felt exactly the same, but yes the car was pulling better in comparison to my car from 1000 to 1500 rpm, after which there has not been any change. 100 kmph came @ 1800 rpm which is identical. The SA told me that GC is 165 mm with full load, which I doubt. Can any one confirm this. Suspension & steering felt perfectly OK for me, but could not test those the way I wanted it to.We were three inside the car & the road was well paved. Wavy roads are the one over which Verna must be tested that too with full load.
I had gone for TD of diesel auto, which was not available. They do not have petrol auto demo car as well. Sales guy informed that there are very few booking for the auto. Majority are going for manual only.
Overall, the car did not blew me away. Sales person has promised me a auto diesel TD soon which I am eagerly looking forward to. Requesting to share the experience if any one has driven the auto version of the car.
Thanks

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 2nd September 2017 at 19:56.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:06   #762
BHPian

I searched quite a bit but could not find out the following:
- Kerb Weight of the car
- Ground Clearance

Any pointers?
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:16   #763
Senior - BHPian

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
I searched quite a bit but could not find out the following:
- Kerb Weight of the car
- Ground Clearance

Any pointers?

One article pointed to the ground clearance at 170 mm (unladen) and I have read that the total increase in weight is around 10 kilos over the previous model. Now to figure out the weight of the previous model.
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:38   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
My car, the top end model in petrol which was delivered yesterday had Bridgestone tyres while a diesel manual shift car on display in the showroom had Hankook tyres. Maybe the SA was right in this regards.
Congratulations on the new Verna. It's a fantastic car for the price. I've taken a leap of faith and booked the top end Petrol Auto even though it wasn't available for a test drive (only a Manual Diesel was available).

Could you please post a driving impression of the Petrol AT?
Old 2nd September 2017, 22:09   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Congratulations on the new Verna. It's a fantastic car for the price. I've taken a leap of faith and booked the top end Petrol Auto even though it wasn't available for a test drive (only a Manual Diesel was available).

Could you please post a driving impression of the Petrol AT?
I have been driving the car during the last one day.
Being the first automatic car of mine I am simply amazed at the ease which I could adapt from my earlier manual transmission car. The engine is absolutely silent, seemed powerful enough when pushed in city driving. Yet to test the ventilated seats. Tried driving a little fast on straight roads and the stability was good.
Will post more in the coming days.
uvmallya is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks