Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 10:12   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch

Hyundai is readying a limited edition of the Elite i20 hatchback. It is expected to be called the Celebration Edition and will be based on the Sportz trim level. Only 600 units of the car will be offered.

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-celeb.jpg

The Celebration Edition will get a gloss black roof wrap, blackened pillars, decals and a badge on the hatch. The car will get 16-inch diamond cut alloy wheels and will be available in just one body colour - white. The interiors will feature sports pedals. Some changes to the upholstery are also possible.

No mechanical changes are likely to be incorporated in the Celebration Edition. The car will use the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines that power the regular Elite i20.

The Celebration Edition is expected to be launched soon. Media reports suggest that it will cost Rs. 30,000 more than the standard Elite i20 Sportz.

Source: Autocar India
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:25   #2
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch

It doesn't look like there are many additions to this Celebration Edition, but the black wrapped roof is quite welcome. It makes the already sharp & sophisticated i20 look stunning! The sporty metal pedals are also nice, but these two look to be the only worthy additions.

I'm not sure about the 16-inch "diamond cut" alloys. The image shows the regular 14-inch steel wheels, wheel covers and 185/70 R14 tyres.

Since these additions (without 16" alloys & 195/55 R16 tyres) don't look like they're worth anywhere near 30,000 rupees, I guess it could cost only 3,000 rupees more than the regular Sportz variant. Or it could be that the Celebration Edition gets the touchscreen SAT-NAV system from the newly introduced Asta(O), which may make this edition worth the 30k additional premium.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
It doesn't look like there are many additions to this Celebration Edition, but the black wrapped roof is quite welcome. It makes the already sharp & sophisticated i20 look stunning! The sporty metal pedals are also nice, but these two look to be the only worthy additions.

I'm not sure about the 16-inch "diamond cut" alloys. The image shows the regular 14-inch steel wheels, wheel covers and 185/70 R14 tyres.

Since these additions (without 16" alloys & 195/55 R16 tyres) don't look like they're worth anywhere near 30,000 rupees, I guess it could cost only 3,000 rupees more than the regular Sportz variant. Or it could be that the Celebration Edition gets the touchscreen SAT-NAV system from the newly introduced Asta(O), which may make this edition worth the 30k additional premium.
The price for the wrapping is too high. Remember the Terrano grove edition with black roof wraps. This cost close to 20K from 3M. What i feel is that before it was the chrome supplier ringing the door bells of the manufacturers in readying the limited editions for them and now its the wrapping guys behind them. Since we are used with these kind of gimmicks even before very few people notice these in the market.
Old 9th September 2015, 18:49   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The Elite i20 Celebration Edition has been snapped up by the IAB team.

A production number limited to 600 units only, the Celebration Edition of the bestselling B2-segment premium hatchback is based on the car's Sportz trim and in the Polar White shade only, and will cost Rs.29,900/- more than the regular Sportz trims in both diesel and petrol options.

For the ~30K extra, you will get:
  • Body graphics with the numeral ‘1’,
  • A 3M Satin Black roof wrap,
  • A glossy C-Pillar (the regular Elite gets a matte black C-Pillar),
  • 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels,
  • Aluminium pedals and
  • An emblem on the bootlid.
Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationeditionfront.jpg

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationeditiontop900x633.jpg

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationeditionside900x435.jpg

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationedition900x629.jpg

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationeditiondecals.jpg

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationeditionbadge900x720.jpg

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-hyundaielitei20celebrationeditionpedals900x551.jpg

Quote:
The launch of the Hyundai Elite i20 Celebration Edition is just days away, though dealerships are accepting bookings for the same.

As the name suggests, the Celebration Edition celebrates the first anniversary of the Elite i20, which according to Hyundai enjoys a 75 percent share in the upper hatchback segment (premium hatchback segment).
IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 10:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The Elite i20 Celebration Edition has been snapped up by the IAB team.

For the ~30K extra, you will get:
  • Body graphics with the numeral ‘1’,
  • A 3M Satin Black roof wrap,
  • A glossy C-Pillar (the regular Elite gets a matte black C-Pillar),
  • 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels,
  • Aluminium pedals and
  • An emblem on the boot lid.
Great share RavenAvi

Personally, I don't see much value on this though. The reason:
  • Body Graphics - Looks aftermarket (if not el-cheapo) !!
  • 3M Satin Wrap - If I remember right, this will not cost more than a max of 10k if done from 3M. Hell, one can even get it from local shops for 1/4th the price.
  • Glossy C Pillar - Again can be done outside for under 2-3k (I Guess)
  • 16" Alloys - A good option, though personally I would choose an aftermarket one instead.
  • Aluminium Pedals - For everything else, there is Aliexpress!!
  • Emblem on Bootlid - Not a great one and can be easily flicked/stolen.
Unless there are some additional/hidden add-ons or features that this Limited Edition will 'Sport'z (pun intended), it will just see a limited sale I guess.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 10th September 2015 at 10:26.
Old 13th October 2015, 17:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices for the Hyundai Elite i20 Celebration edition have been revealed, and it starts from INR 6.69 Lakhs and INR 7.84 Lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). As has been speculated, ~30,000 over the equivalent regular variant.

Hyundai readying Elite i20 Celebration Edition for launch-i20specil.jpg

Source: IAB
Old 13th October 2015, 18:19   #7
BHPian

Black, generally in India, is considered inauspicious. Yet, during the auspicious / festive season, almost all manufacturers are blacking out the roof.

Regardless, for the 30K, you'll get a unique looker. Love the i20 design as is. I don't think it needs any further design / exterior detail to make it more attractive.

Most Viewed