Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 13:01   #541
BHPian

re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Priced at 9.95L for the Punto Abarth. 145hp and 212 Nm. 8.8secs to the 100 and for the FIAT Avventura powered by Abarth. 140hp and 210Nm. 9.9 secs to 100.
So not much of difference in the engine tune when I see Punto Abarth vs Avventura. Externally there are a lot though. One might see an increase of sales of Avventura with the extra cladding.

Pricing looks to be excellent hope it remains the magic figure 9.99 (Ex Showroom) Bangalore which would help prospective buyers in saving some money.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:06   #542
Senior - BHPian

That's great pricing. Sincerely wish Fiat will follow Yamaha India's path to success by launching these two exclusive , performance-oriented cars.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:09   #543
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing IMO. Was surprised to see Punto and the Avventura priced same. Is it true that the Matt Grey colour will not be available on the Punto? Honestly that colour was the best looking on the Punto Abarth.

Atleast Fiat stuck to the pricing of less than 10L though one expected to be somewhere around 9.25 to 9.5L.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:11   #544
Senior - BHPian

Everything is on the expected lines including the pricing.
Now waiting for the unnecessary comments comparing it with anything from Tata Nano to Maybach and finding faults.
carwatcher is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:12   #545
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! 9.95L for a 145bhp mini, thats just a very inviting recipe for any petrohead. Makes my visit to Fiat showroom inevitable now
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:16   #546
BHPian

A bit disappointed. I was hoping for 9.5 lakhs. Anyway my decision status put. Somehow I also feel Fiat would have done the best it could have considering they really wants to make inroads into the market. Wishing them luck and now eagerly waiting to get my hands on one. A big thanks to all BHP'ians for sharing the story as it broke out.

Last edited by firstguri : 19th October 2015 at 13:19.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:25   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I feel the pricing is a bit on the higher side. 2.6L above 1.4 FIRE Emotion and 2.24L above 1.3 90HP diesel. The Linea Emotion T-Jet is ~18 grand cheaper.

Avventura seems to be a better deal with just 1.29L over 1.3 90HP diesel.

Is the suspension and engine tuning worth the premium? Reviews will tell
Exactly my sentiment w.r.t. the pricing. Avventura is looking more VFM if the 1.1 second slower 0-100 timing is discounted. Avventura TJET is priced almost at par with Ford Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium+ (which has 10% lower power but more equipment) so it is alright compared to competition.

Punto pricing is a bit over the top and should have been rationalized somewhat. The TJET Linea has the same engine (in a different state of tune), more equipment, fatter tyres, leather upholstery and still ends up costing less than the (30% more powerful) hatchback.

As I write this, it makes sense to me, but all said and done, Avventura TJET is offering a better deal for the exact same amount of money.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:27   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am a Linea T-Jet owner and seriously wish to own this car one day, any suggestions as to how to convince my family as to how can it be called an "upgrade" if one is going from Sedan to a Hatch.
So the only option left for me is to take a TD and be happy (or actually sad).
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I'm in the same boat . It's difficult to convince someone that moving from Linea 112 bhp to Punto Abarth 145 bhp is an upgrade...
I cannot help but feel sorry for you guys !

Linea T-Jet is a fantastic machine by itself but Abarth Punto is in altogether different league.

Why you, even i bought a new 2015 Hyundai Verna 4S as recent as Aug 2015 & am stunned for sure !

Like you guys i will also take a test drive & be happy with that !
Old 19th October 2015, 13:28   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Everything is on the expected lines including the pricing.
Now waiting for the unnecessary comments comparing it with anything from Tata Nano to Maybach and finding faults.
Well said brother! Us Indians are a terrible lot when it comes to automotive satisfaction considering that we're never satisfied no matter how good a product is! Always nitpicking at the slightest opportunity.

It was always an open secret that the Abarth will be priced below 10L ex Delhi. So I just do not understand the comments like - gosh, the ex showroom's gonna go up in cities like Bangalore or I was expecting a price of 9.5L! Fiat have delivered their promise on the pricing so kudos to them!

I personally feel that at 12.5L on road Bangalore, it is a fantastic proposition and the best alternative to the GT TSi. Dare I say that as a product, it is more exciting as well! If I were in the market now for a car, this would be on top of my list.

Last edited by Porschefire : 19th October 2015 at 13:33.
Porschefire is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:36   #550
Senior - BHPian

How can the price be same for Abarth Avventura and Punto? this doesnt make sense. By this yardstick the regular Avventura should be priced at part with the regular Punto Evo.

nonetheless, great pricing. Avventura Abarth looks tempting to replace my aging SX4.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:39   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
It was always an open secret that the Abarth will be priced below 10L ex Delhi. So I just do not understand the comments like - gosh, the ex showroom's gonna go up in cities like Bangalore or I was expecting a price of 9.5L! Fiat have delivered their promise on the pricing so kudos to them!
Well they surely could've gone the extra mile and ensured that ex-showroom in Bangalore and many other cities doesn't exceed 10L. Being tuned to the market reality in this way wouldn't have hurt them, right? How much could they've made extra by not sacrificing those precious few grand ex-showroom for what is essentially a niche product in the market.

And of course I agree with the comments on Bangalore ex-showroom pricing. I live in Bangalore, so do thousands of others who'd be considering this car as an option and what we'll be concerned with is what the car costs us OTR Bangalore, not bothered about how Fiat kept their "promise" of less than 10L in terms of pricing.

It's not really tough either when several companies have made this adjustment and that too very recently to ensure that customers across the country get a better deal. It would've been in Fiat's best interest as well as beneficial to the customer as well, so win-win for all.

Let's please not get carried away, it's a great product for sure and we don't even know yet whether the 9.95 is across India in addition to being ex-showroom Delhi, so let's wait for some more clarity on that.

Cheers,
Parth

(Love how my name rhymes with Abarth. )

Last edited by Parth46 : 19th October 2015 at 13:41.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:41   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
How can the price be same for Abarth Avventura and Punto? this doesnt make sense. By this yardstick the regular Avventura should be priced at part with the regular Punto Evo.
My guess is that the Avventura doesn't have the suspension upgrade like the Abarth Punto does and that is the reason why they have retained the FIAT badging on the Avventura with a 'Powered by Abarth' but the Abarth Punto gets the Abarth badge and also a higher premium in terms of pricing.

The sales numbers of two (Punto vs Avventura) may also have had a say, along with the < 10L barrier making them price both at 9.95L as they have done. I think it is pretty smart marketing and going by the number of people here wanting to buy an Avventura powered by Abarth, I think the Abarth halo has already done wonders for the Avventura.
phreakv6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:44   #553
BHPian

Re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Evo Abarth / T-Jet

9.95 lacs for 145 bhp and 215 NM of torque and the abarth badge is totally worth IMO. GT TSI is 7.99 lacs for 102 bhp and 176 NM of torque. Both cars are worth the price tag. What GT TSI gains with the DSG box, the punto compensates for with sheer power, torque and handling. Both are unique, niche cars
Karthik Chandra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:51   #554
Senior - BHPian

Powerful car with manual transmission. Priced under 10L.

No more excuses for enthusiasts in India. Will wait for Fiat sales report next month.

Well done Fiat!!! If there was a car to ditch the AT requirement, this would be it along with the 1.6 S-Cross.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:57   #555
Senior - BHPian

Fact 1: I am in the market for a new car - my Figo is now over 5 years old and I want to upgrade.
Fact 2: My budget is in the region of 10-12 lakhs on-road
Fact 3: I love hot hatches

Does this mean I am now headed off to the nearest FIAT dealer to put my money down on the Abarth Punto? Maybe not!!

See this post of mine from January: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3630514

How long will it take for discounts to roll in?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks