Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 10:49   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai adds new i20 variants in India

For some time, the news has been doing the rounds of Hyundai India updating the i20 range with a touchscreen infotainment system.

Now, Autocar India has confirmed that there will be new trims in the i20 range equipped with this 7-inch AVN, while the company's C1-segment offering, the XCent, gets some new features too.

Hyundai adds new i20 variants in India-avn.jpg

First, the Elite i20. There will be a *NEW* top variant on offer called the Asta (O), which will slot above the existing Asta variant and will be additionally equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen AVN system with Bluetooth, USB & AUX connectivity, as well as integrated reverse camera display. It will be offered in both petrol and diesel options.

The i20 Active will now have a *NEW* SX variant in petrol (previously Hyundai didn't offer a SX petrol), and the SX variants will also be equipped with the 7-inch touchscreen AVN system in both fuel-types. The SX petrol will be powered with the same 1.2L engine, and will get all existing features in the SX diesel.

Prices for these new variants and the rejigged existing variants will be disclosed by the company shortly.

Hyundai India will also roll out this touchscreen infotainment system update for the Verna 4S, but that will be sometime during the festive season ahead.

ACI

Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2015 at 14:44. Reason: Lets keep this thread focussed on the i20; we have a different one running for the Xcent. Thanks
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 19:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai adds new i20 variants in India

The new i20 variants equipped with the 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system - the Elite i20 Asta(O) variants and the i20 Active SX variants - have officially gone on sale.

Hyundai India is charging around 20,000 rupees extra for the AVN unit.

Hyundai i20 petrol Asta (O): Rs 7.49 lakh (new variant)
Hyundai i20 diesel Asta (O): Rs 8.69 lakh (new variant)
Hyundai i20 Active SX petrol: Rs 8.30 lakh (new variant)
Hyundai i20 Active SX diesel: Rs 9.61 lakh (existing variant + AVN)

All prices are ex-showroom, Mumbai.

NOTE:- The previous price of the i20 Active SX diesel (sans AVN unit) was 9.41 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai.

ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 19:55   #3
BHPian

re: Hyundai adds new i20 variants in India

Neat, guess its the same AVN unit doing the duty in the Creta? 6 airbags would have also been appreciated? (given that the Figo aspire is going to get them) - may be Hyundai will add this in the next iteration?
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 14:46   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai adds new i20 variants in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Neat, guess its the same AVN unit doing the duty in the Creta?
I believe so. Happy to report that the Creta's touchscreen works like a charm, and has none of the bugs I experienced in the early AVNs of the Mobilio & Ciaz. The touchscreen's responsiveness is good too.

Nice to see the Elite i20 get it .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 14:51   #5
BHPian

Does anyone have an actual photograph of the AVN unit. I believe it would be different from the one pictured above but at the same time think wont be the same as the creta, as the face plate dimensions might be different. Not sure.
PS: the one in the picture above looks killer.
Old 7th August 2015, 15:05   #6
BHPian

Hyundai give us an auto option for petes sake! One year into launch, i20 does not have an auto while all models above and below it in the Hyundai stable has one!
Old 7th August 2015, 15:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The new i20 variants equipped with the 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system - the Elite i20 Asta(O) variants and the i20 Active SX variants - have officially gone on sale.

ACI
Sounds and looks amazing. However, pictures and reality are far from each other, especially in India bound cars. Considering the feature is currently available, i was hoping the website would have this information at least. Alas, its still to be updated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks