Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2015, 15:17   #61
BHPian

Will be interesting to see this data for Hyderabad before and after the states split. I was in Hyderabad for a couple of weeks last month and I saw definite reduction in traffic congestion.
Old 1st August 2015, 11:15   #62

Re: Battle of the Cities! City-wise car sales data

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Will be interesting to see this data for Hyderabad before and after the states split. I was in Hyderabad for a couple of weeks last month and I saw definite reduction in traffic congestion.
The car sales in a near should not be mixed up with car ownership. They are entirely two different entities. Historically cities like Chandigarh,Mangalore ,Indore have had very high car ownerships . So naturally we will not find an explosion in car buying habits but if one looks at showrooms these are rthe cities that have all the car showrooms be it the premium,non premium or luxury.
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr747 View Post
The car sales in a near should not be mixed up with car ownership. They are entirely two different entities. Historically cities like Chandigarh,Mangalore ,Indore have had very high car ownerships . So naturally we will not find an explosion in car buying habits but if one looks at showrooms these are rthe cities that have all the car showrooms be it the premium,non premium or luxury.

Sorry, I don't understand the point. How is this related to what I said?
Old 9th August 2015, 17:16   #64

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand the point. How is this related to what I said?
My apologies Chakri. It was meant to be a reply to some other post. Please accept my apologies again.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are blessed !

I am beginning to doze of at the wheel these days.

Most probable cause for relatively low traffic is the market condition. There seems to be slump in market these days, one of the contributing factors being failed monsoon.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
As per this website: http://www.mapsofindia.com/top-ten-c...ownership.html

Chandigarh has the highest per-capita cars India. Here the list.

1 Chandigarh
2 Delhi
3 Panaji
4 Chennai
5 Alappuzha
6 Shimla
7 Vadodara
8 Cherthala
9 Coimbatore
10 Thiruvananthapuram
Somehow this made me laugh when I looked at No.5 and No.8. Ah, the things you can find on the internet .

Alappuzha is a town in Kerala with a population of less than 2L.
Cherthala is a smaller town about 20km from Alappuzha (sitting between Alappuzha and Kochi) with a population of less than 50,000.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 12th August 2015 at 11:27.
Old 12th August 2015, 14:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr747 View Post
My apologies Chakri. It was meant to be a reply to some other post. Please accept my apologies again.
That makes sense, you don't have to apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
You are blessed !
I share the exact same feeling when I drive daily to and fro between agara and kundalahalli gate. You know what I mean if you know Bangalore.
Old 12th August 2015, 15:17   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Somehow this made me laugh when I looked at No.5 and No.8. Ah, the things you can find on the internet .

Alappuzha is a town in Kerala with a population of less than 2L.
Cherthala is a smaller town about 20km from Alappuzha (sitting between Alappuzha and Kochi) with a population of less than 50,000.
Population does not matter. This list is for per capita car ownership, that is number of cars owned per person.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Population does not matter. This list is for per capita car ownership, that is number of cars owned per person.
My point was, Cherthala is not a town of a class by which statistics can be made (Its roughly like comparing a rich, residential XYZ Layout in Bangalore where almost all the houses will have a car and putting that XYZ Layout on the top of the top ten list of towns with highest per-capita-car ownership).

May be the list is of the top 10 RTOs, which can be inaccurate because there are cities that are comprised of multiple RTO divisions. Bangalore itself has 6 or 7 RTOs I believe.
Old 12th August 2015, 17:06   #70
BHPian

Cherthala is gulf-town. Lots of expatriates, and where places like 'pension hill' (colloquial) exist since there are only retired people there. Maybe the remittances has to do with the high density of car ownership? But yes, I do agree that the population is not much of a sample size statistically speaking.

Overall, Kerala could be the top state in terms of per capita pwnership (ex. delhi). Real estate, education , cars and healthcare are the top expenditures of a middle class Keralite - A true consumer state. If it was a country, the trade deficit would be off the charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
My point was, Cherthala is not a town of a class by which statistics can be made (Its roughly like comparing a rich, residential XYZ Layout in Bangalore where almost all the houses will have a car and putting that XYZ Layout on the top of the top ten list of towns with highest per-capita-car ownership).

May be the list is of the top 10 RTOs, which can be inaccurate because there are cities that are comprised of multiple RTO divisions. Bangalore itself has 6 or 7 RTOs I believe.
Old 31st August 2015, 09:02   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti sells 1,600 cars on 'Varamahalakshmi' day. Top sellers are Swift, Dzire, Celerio and Ertiga.

MS also sold 1200 Ciaz's during April to July 2015 period.

Maruti Suzuki sells an average of 7,300 cars per month in Karnataka.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...i_2803701.html
Old 24th June 2016, 17:35   #72
BHPian

Hello everyone, I realise this was started nearly a year ago. But I was hoping for an update on this data. I was wondering from where was the city-wise data of car sales sourced? It would be great if anyone could let me know. Siam does not have it.

Thanks and best
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:29   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esskay08 View Post
Hello everyone, I realise this was started nearly a year ago. But I was hoping for an update on this data. I was wondering from where was the city-wise data of car sales sourced? It would be great if anyone could let me know. Siam does not have it.

Thanks and best
Apologies have been busy, shall post it in few weeks. Will start preparing the data !
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamnos View Post
Apologies have been busy, shall post it in few weeks. Will start preparing the data !
Try to include data of cars registered in Vasai, Panvel and Kalyan-Dombivali, will give a much clear picture of Mumbai.
Old 27th July 2016, 15:10   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Region-wise 1st quarter sales by Economic Times:

North India: 827572
West India: 873009
South India: 776455
East India: 311336

Compared to last year, growth in North India is definitely slowing down. It's South & West India that are surging!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks