Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 16:50   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!

Diwali launch likely for the YRA/Fronx Hatchback. To be sold exclusively through Maruti's premium brand, Nexa. Second round of Nexa dealerships for Tier-2 towns are being allotted now. Staff for Nexa dealerships will be directly hired by Maruti. S-Cross will also be sold exclusively by Nexa dealerships.

No more details available. Thanks to Little Birdie for pictures .

Link to older discussion

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-1.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-2.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-3.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-4.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-5.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-5i.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-6.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-7.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-8.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-9.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-10.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-11.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-12.jpg

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-13.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2015 at 17:08. Reason: Adding link to older discussion
.anshuman is offline   (71) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:10   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene. Thanks for sharing !
Old 1st July 2015, 17:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!

Fantastic scoop, Anshuman! Heartfelt thanks to your birdie, and a big salute!

Unmistakable Suzuki lines up front, a very familiar side and rear, and very friendly and spacy interiors. The car looks extremely user-friendly and is loaded with gizmos as well. Add those to a couple of frugal engines and a dynamic price range, and Suzuki has a winner in it's hands already!

Is it me, or the car looks a bit beaten up in the 2nd pic (side view)? Especially near the rear door and right over the fuel cap lid?

The rear stance makes the car look wide. I wonder if it's similar to the Swift's width, or even wider!

The central console looks very upmarket, but slightly disappointed to see the same steering wheel being carried over yet again. Premium customers deserve a different in-cabin feel, and Suzuki using the same steering wheel from the Celerio to the Ciaz/S-Cross is not cool.

But yes, Cruise Control looks like it will be there, and that's a huge USP of the Fronx already!!

I also see a Passenger Airbag deactivation button, a-la the Punto. Another neat feature to have. But absence of rear AC vents is a big dampener yet again (as it was with the Jazz).

What are the two (seemingly) buttons on either side of the parking brake? Or are they given just for aesthetic purposes?

Very functional, very spacious, and very loaded. Seems like the Fronx is all set to give the Elite i20, Jazz, Polo and the likes a REAL run for their money!!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st July 2015 at 17:23.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:31   #4
Lij
BHPian

Fantastic Scoop!! Big thank you.

Seems like rear AC might not be available across all variants.

Car looks big, longer than 4m? But since its a LHD it could be that Indian version could be under 4m.

3 point seat belt in for the middle rear passenger. Rear seats look quite spacious with good under thigh support. But there seems to be a considerable hump in the rear.

Pardon the ignorance, but what are the 2 buttons either side of the hand break lever?
Old 1st July 2015, 17:38   #5
Team-BHP Support

Lovely scoop Anshu! Many thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
What are the two (seemingly) buttons on either side of the parking brake? Or are they given just for aesthetic purposes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Pardon the ignorance, but what are the 2 buttons either side of the hand break lever?
Judging by the symbols (and this is a European? import), those look like heated seats.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st July 2015 at 17:40.
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:40   #6
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2015 at 18:57.
Bhodrolok is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st July 2015, 17:44   #7
BHPian

Don't you think it looks like a Stretch Swift? or a beaten up Swift. The front grill looks like a very bad attempt to hide the similarities.

For most people who would have looked forward to an all new design to whoop or even be close to the new i20 looks, I don't think that is happening, space seems to be the core criteria here. It will surely suck if they continue to plonk a 1.3 or a 1.2 in it- which I'm guessing they will. On the other hand a 1.3/90 PS configuration may just be sufficient for this car, considering we still want mileage :-)
Old 1st July 2015, 17:47   #8
BHPian

Excellent scoop. First time we are seeing the interior pics of the car.

The car itself seems to check all the boxes but does not seem exciting honestly. Maybe its the design. The rear end looks like a notchback from the side with a boot like protrusion (Verito Vibish if I may say)

It seems to have loads of space though, comparable to Jazz. The rear seat is broad and looks very accommodating. And a Maruti with space and features should be very well poised for commercial success.
Old 1st July 2015, 17:48   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2015 at 18:58.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st July 2015, 17:48   #10
BHPian

Great Scoop.

The front resembles a Swift but still it looks good. Side and rr are somehow not to my liking, especially the RR chrome strip. Hope they are omitted for India. The car looks really wide and long.

Dash looks neat except for the Shade above the ICE. Seats looks flat and looks there will be no thigh or lumbar support.

Waiting for a scoop on an Indian version!
Old 1st July 2015, 17:58   #11
BHPian

In times when companies are spending their brains in styling their products with beautiful exteriors, Suzuki seems to be going the orthodox way here.
The looks of it are nothing more than contemporary here.

My observations:
Pros.
1. Interiors are fresh and have the space age feel.
2. Beautiful in the way the music system console and the ac vents blend.
3. An LHD from the "birdie" indicates it probably is already in slated for export
4. Fully functional touch screen probably helps do away with the unnecessary clutter of buttons.
5. Charging port at the rear is a welcome move and its placement at center makes it equally accessible to all passengers at the back.
6. Nice thought in having slanting hand rests on doors panels.
7. Cruise control-- finally. phew

Cons
1. A "tongue out" treatment with the chrome is not the most appealing.
2. Side profile is bland. (probably due to the heavy-duty shoddy photoshopping it has undergone)
3. Tapering rear reminds of the erstwhile Palio.
4. Boot seems to be a last minute modification of the swift's
5. Gigantic bumper at the rear.
6. Mobile holding cubby hole at the back looks more like a place where a third passenger could rest his shoe.
7. No rear AC vents. (Though it hardly makes a difference in a hatch)
Travelator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:05   #12
BHPian

Most people on the road are going to mistake it for a modified Swift. The side profile seems a little awkward, to put it mildly.
Old 1st July 2015, 18:13   #13
BHPian

Thats a great scoop anshuman, many thanks to Birdie !!

Some of the key takeaways.
* Am I seeing disks in rear wheels. Wow with all its competitors providing drums at rear I feel this is a welcome move by Maruti.
* Cruise control. As mentioned by RavenAli, this is going to be a USP of Fronx(Rather I would call YRA).
* Texture used in the dashboard is going to be fingerprint magnet.
* Maruti gives it in one hand but takes it back in another. I am talking about missing rear AC vents.

Overall it is a good attempt. With all the bells & whistles, competition is just going to get heated up post Diwali .

EDIT: Since this is LHD car, scoop pics taken may be of export/import version of Fronx and I just hope Maruti won`t take the privilege in deleting the features listed here.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 1st July 2015 at 18:25.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop. The interiors look slick. However, the exterior is not very awe inspiring, at all. It will look plain Jane next to an i20. If Suzuki are going to position the YRA under a separate premium brand, they better get their best cosmetic surgeons to fix this baby.
Old 1st July 2015, 18:43   #15
BHPian

Great Scoop . Is this a export variant ?

The car interiors definitely looks premium and spacious. The silver coloring on the automatic climate control panel looks out of place. The rear looks like a blown up Polo. I could spot the reverse camera on the chrome. It's very strange and confusing that the passenger airbag is written on one of the buttons besides hazard light button.

Edit : Thanks RavenAvi for the explanation on your post and clearing my confusion as it's the passenger airbag deactivate button.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 1st July 2015 at 19:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks