Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 11:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh

In India, manufacturers like Toyota and Maruti are currently dominating the MUV segment with the Innova and Ertiga respectively; while Renault, Honda, Mahindra and others are stiffening the competition. Then there is the Enjoy, an inoffensive people-carrier from the Chevrolet stable. Launched in 2013, the car got a lukewarm response from the Indian market and now, Chevrolet seem to be giving it some premium additions to make it a more appealing proposition.

The interiors of the Enjoy have been spied this time around. The most prominent change is the Cruze-inspired steering wheel with silver accents and mounted controls. The central console on the dashboard features piano black with chrome touches around the air-con vents. The gear lever too appears more upmarket and the lever too has chrome and piano black finish.

Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh-chevroletenjoy.jpg

Gaadi also claims that the Enjoy gets some exterior changes too which include blackened B and C pillars, a new chrome number plate garnish.

The Enjoy is currently available with a 1.4 litre petrol and a 1.3 litre diesel engine available in 7 and 8-seater configurations, priced between Rs. 6.11 - Rs. 8.63 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi; with the Spin MPV likely to be launched in 2016 (link to news article).

Last edited by S2!!! : 17th June 2015 at 11:30.
S2!!! is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 13:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh

These guys have been here in India for a long time. Let them put some effort in updating their after sales, and then they can think about updating the Enjoy.

After all, ease of servicability and maintainance has been the success of the successful MUVs
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 16:20   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
These guys have been here in India for a long time. Let them put some effort in updating their after sales, and then they can think about updating the Enjoy.
Good one sir. I don't know how they are so lazy in a market like India warming up for so long period. In a recent conversation amongst peers in work place who are looking up for MUV's for family, I brought up Enjoy as an option and I got the staring for my life time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
After all, ease of servicability and maintainance has been the success of the successful MUVs
Adding Reliability too. But I wonder why can't they make all of their cars trust worthy when they have a promising vehicle like Tavera among the cab operators?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2015 at 16:23. Reason: Gud > Good. Please refrain from using SMS lingo while posting. Thanks!
Old 17th June 2015, 18:47   #4
BANNED

I personally know of two Enjoy's owned by taxi drivers. It's not at all an 'Enjoy'able experience for both. One is stuck with a fried engine and another had a turbo failure. If you don't pass the taxiwala stamp of approval, there isn't hardly any scope whatever facelifting Chevrolet does. If I were running Chevroloet, Enjoy would have been buried already, there is no point going around the town parading a corpse.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 02:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
If I were running Chevroloet, Enjoy would have been buried already, there is no point going around the town parading a corpse.
If they do that they kill 15% of their monthly sales going by the latest report.

But cannot agree more. 2 years later and we have some chrome to show as a facelift. The steering is fine but we all know Thats not the solution for the enjoy or for that matter the company.

We own an enjoy. Almost been 1.5 years and till date there has not been one piece of communication from GM. Not that I miss it. But it's not hard to stay in touch with the 400 odd people who buy an enjoy every month. It is a reflection of nothing else except the lack of customer centricity which runs in the system.

Forget the steering wheel, facelift the company.
puchoo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 04:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

This car is too bland. The dashboard switches are from 80's, comes with a cheap Single-DIN head unit, cheap plastics everywhere inside. You cannot even put an after-market Double-din head unit. I do not know about Petrol version but the diesel version has poor NVH. As again not much of customer feedback has gone into this facelift, so people will not even bother to have a look at this.

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2015 at 10:02. Reason: Typo
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh

Chevrolet has given the Enjoy MPV some cosmetic updates.

Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh-new-chevrolet-enjoy.jpg

Changes to the exterior include a chrome number plate garnish at the rear, and black B-pillar strips.

Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh-new-chevrolet-enjoy-launched-interior.jpg

On the inside, the Enjoy gets a three-spoke steering wheel with a golden Chevrolet bowtie and silver accents along with steering-mounted audio controls. The vehicle also gets new leatherette and fabric upholstery, chrome on the inside door handles, AC vents, gear knob and parking brake lever and a glossy black finish on the door armrests.

Chevrolet Enjoy update spied EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.24 lakh-new-chevrolet-enjoy-launched-space.jpg

Chevrolet has priced the updated Enjoy at Rs. 6.24 lakh - Rs. 8.79 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Aditya is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevrolet should benchmark themselves with the mobilio and the ertiga. The former has more space comparatively. speaking of the power, 75 bhp pitted against honda's 100bhp and Maruti's 90 bhp isnt impressive either. Aesthetically not so proportionate compared to its rivals, tall boy design and small wheels. Terrible resale value and finally lowest fuel efficiency figure of the three.

I dont know why anyone should buy Enjoy overlooking all above said points. Chevrolet team thinking of adding chrome here and there and new colors will help the sales is beyond my understanding.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th July 2015 at 12:43. Reason: typo
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 13:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
But I wonder why can't they make all of their cars trust worthy when they have a promising vehicle like Tavera among the cab operators?
Because none of them are proper Chevys. The Optras and Cruzes are Daewoos (now owned by GM, of course) while the newer vehicles they have introduced are all rebadged Chinese cars from SAIC.

The Tavera was originally an Isuzu - hence a favourite among cab operators.

None of their vehicles are Chevys, and now most of them are Chinese. Need one look any further for answers?
Old 7th July 2015, 13:54   #10
BHPian

I think Chevy could have sold this car in different body styles to get some numbers here. For example this car can be used as an ambulance or a small pick up/delivery van etc. It's just not suitable for a proper family car. The car looks boxy, not powerful enough and has poor resale. The only way it can get numbers is the commercial route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks