Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 14:04   #286
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilireddy0 View Post
SandyX Do you know the variants available in the kwid or will you be choosing it a later point once the variants and prices are launched. If so will you be still be having the advantage of paying the booking advance earlier ?
Most recent info from the dealer is they are expecting a demo car any time soon. Other than that, they've absolutely no idea about the car. Variant selection from my end happens only after full details come out. Booking was done on those terms too. Early booking naturally should mean early delivery if all other things are in place. Atleast that's what they promised. I'll need it without much delays coz our SS80 will be leaving soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
The first time buyer is practical and convenience is high on his list of priorities...Read an ASS in the neighbourhood.
Although i'm not a first timer, an A$$ in the neighborhood isn't the case for me as well as not a priority. We're used to a Ford in the family with a service station two hours away. Exact same is the case with Renault too. We just needed a simple modern town car that looks good, which never existed till now. Still it would be great if the open a service point in my town as part of their expansion. Hope this Renault lives up to its durability credentials.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:56   #287
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Here are the most updated pictures of the KWID from the Yard. My B-I-L recently booked one. The dealer mentioned a price of 4.5 lacs, not sure which model though.

Front looks decent. Side profile is not to my liking and the interiors too look a generation old. Pricing is in the Wagon R category and therefore pricey.

Front indicators are on the fenders. Side profile looks like a 80's/90's European hatch.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwid-1.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwid-2.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwid-3.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwid-4.jpg

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 31st August 2015 at 13:58.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 14:06   #288
BHPian

4.5 lacs on-road for the top variant was mentioned to me too, inconclusively. Might as well be true then.
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:05   #289
BHPian

A few Kwid pics from Chennai via @kuttilokesh317

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn6vbh2ucaaxbiu.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn6vbjdveaalyow.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn6vbdnueaaxdlt.jpg
SandyX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:39   #290
BHPian

Why on earth would anyone place an indicator on the Fender, its way too low for anyone to notice. Ideal placement is the side mirrors, all of them notice it immediately and infact government should make it mandatory.
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:53   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Why on earth would anyone place an indicator on the Fender, its way too low for anyone to notice. Ideal placement is the side mirrors, all of them notice it immediately and infact government should make it mandatory.
Thats the sidewala one The main one is next to the head light!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-474062118therenaultsabadgesitsonthefrontgrillgettyimages.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2015, 09:22   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats the sidewala one The main one is next to the head light!
Even I am referring to the side one, this is the first car i am seeing where side indicators are on the fenders.

For bikers who pass by the side of a car, the indicator on the side mirror is ideal as its easily visible for them. I am not sure if they will notice the Fenders.
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:45   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Even I am referring to the side one, this is the first car i am seeing where side indicators are on the fenders.

For bikers who pass by the side of a car, the indicator on the side mirror is ideal as its easily visible for them. I am not sure if they will notice the Fenders.
See the placement on BMW 530d, image from GTO's ownership review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/154009.jpg
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:56   #294
BHPian

Quote:
For bikers who pass by the side of a car, the indicator on the side mirror is ideal as its easily visible for them.
Too much of a ask for a car whose cost needs to be kept low.
I am not sure if that is doable when they want to keep the cost of the vehicle low. Even the C1/C2 Sedans dont provide them on their lowest trims.
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:56   #295
BHPian

More Kwid top variant pics via @kuttilokesh317

I seriously hope all that tacky chrome ain't part of standard equipment. Roof rails look neat, so does that chrome strip at lower tailgate; makes it look wider from behind. A darker chrome finish like Duster explore edition's would've been better though.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn8okusu8aekvch.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn8okriucaicg17.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn8okoauyaawdkv.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cn8okqxuaaas_ep.jpg
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:16   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Too much of a ask for a car whose cost needs to be kept low.
I am not sure if that is doable when they want to keep the cost of the vehicle low. Even the C1/C2 Sedans dont provide them on their lowest trims.
I don't think its going to cost a lot to incorporate them. Just that people are taken for granted and manufacturers take advantage. We are not talking about ABS or airbags etc. That i understand will be expensive but no way a bulb on the side mirror will cost a lot. My 7 year old Fiesta has it and do we still agree that this simple feature is meant only for expensive cars?
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:28   #297
BHPian

I have actually spotted the black coloured car twice in the last week on my way to work. In reality, it looks so much cooler than the Alto or the Celerio!

If the car is priced competitively at around 3-4 Lakhs, then I am sure the sales will be good.
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:30   #298
Senior - BHPian

I think the fender integrated signal indicators are probably a novelty and aren’t they are at max a inch or so out of place. The position seems ok to me.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:20   #299
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
I don't think its going to cost a lot to incorporate them. Just that people are taken for granted and manufacturers take advantage. We are not talking about ABS or airbags etc. That i understand will be expensive but no way a bulb on the side mirror will cost a lot. My 7 year old Fiesta has it and do we still agree that this simple feature is meant only for expensive cars?
My Kizashi has indicators on the fender, so does the 5 series and several other cars. It is simply a more traditional placement of the side-indicators. Also, it represents the intentions of a high performance car since most supercars and the likes, have the side indicators on the fender. True there is evidence to suggest that indicator repeaters on the wing mirrors are more effective but then so are thinner a-pillars, led or even laser lighting, side markers on the front bumper, low speed limits etc. let's please not assume we need to be nannyed around and simply be more careful when whizzing past on our bikes since anyway wing mirrors are also the most protrusive part of a car and get damaged easily so replacement tends to become more expensive if we incorporate more functionality into it, however bikers still smash past them every time. Also I believe cars simply look better with neatly incorporated indicators on their fenders. In the end numerous arguments can be made but I guess you need to actually CHILLOUT

No offense
Cheers
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:37   #300
BHPian

I drive 40kms everyday crossing the heart of the city and we all know how bad traffic can be. My need is based on my observation and practical use. I am not worried if BMW/ Kizashi has it or not. BTW my indicators have lasted over 50000 kms and 7 years as I am Chilled out.

Coming back to Kwid, Renault definitely has a winner on hand and I wish to see a lot of these on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
My Kizashi has indicators on the fender, so does the 5 series and several other cars. It is simply a more traditional placement of the side-indicators. Also, it represents the intentions of a high performance car since most supercars and the likes, have the side indicators on the fender. True there is evidence to suggest that indicator repeaters on the wing mirrors are more effective but then so are thinner a-pillars, led or even laser lighting, side markers on the front bumper, low speed limits etc. let's please not assume we need to be nannyed around and simply be more careful when whizzing past on our bikes since anyway wing mirrors are also the most protrusive part of a car and get damaged easily so replacement tends to become more expensive if we incorporate more functionality into it, however bikers still smash past them every time. Also I believe cars simply look better with neatly incorporated indicators on their fenders. In the end numerous arguments can be made but I guess you need to actually CHILLOUT

No offense
Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks