Team-BHP - The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/163845-maruti-suzuki-ignis-87.html)

Is it possible to have the touch screen infotainment system retrofitted in the lower variants of ignis? Has anyone tried this?

The company fitted infotainment system, is not being delivered as a loose accessory to the dealers. So the same one which is available in higher trims cannot be retrofitted, due to non availability.
I have the delivery of the Sigma slated tomorrow and I have opted for a Sony touchscreen to be fitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Salt (Post 4165554)
The company fitted infotainment system, is not being delivered as a loose accessory to the dealers. So the same one which is available in higher trims cannot be retrofitted, due to non availability.
I have the delivery of the Sigma slated tomorrow and I have opted for a Sony touchscreen to be fitted.

Is it being provided by Nexa or any other accessory store? And how about the warranty?

Congrats on your new purchase :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagz (Post 4165569)
Is it being provided by Nexa or any other accessory store? And how about the warranty?

NEXA is upselling a Kenwood infotainment system for the Ignis. Do visit the NEXA webpage and download the accessories brochure for the same.
Warranty should not be an issue.

I have taken the delivery of IGNIS today, can anyone advise if a gear lock is required to be fitted, the car does have a engine immobilizer as a anti theft security system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagz (Post 4165569)

Yes, purchased from NEXA with standard warranty of 2 years. They are also providing Kenwood system however the sony system with speakers and parking camera were part of a package.

Took these pictures of the Ignis in different shades while I was at the SC. Out of the 4 cars, 2 were CVTs.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_6223.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_6227.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinharishi (Post 4166998)
Took these pictures of the Ignis in different shades while I was at the SC. Out of the 4 cars, 2 were CVTs.

You meant AMTs ?
Ignis doesn't get CVT Option unlike Baleno despite both being NEXA Offerings. CVT in Ignis would have made it a much better product, especially to Urban Buyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4167026)
You meant AMTs ?
Ignis doesn't get CVT Option unlike Baleno despite both being NEXA Offerings. CVT in Ignis would have made it a much better product, especially to Urban Buyers.

My bad! Yes they were AMTs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4165446)

The Tiago AMT sits at 6.7 L On Road BLR and the Ignis Delta AT sits at 6.99 L On Road BLR. I wanted some thoughts from others on this thread in terms how would the Delta AT of the Ignis stack up against the Fully Loaded Tiago AMT?

The Tiago is a well built car. Plush interiors and superb Harman infotainment system.
These points score very big over Ignis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Salt (Post 4166257)
I have taken the delivery of IGNIS today, can anyone advise if a gear lock is required to be fitted, the car does have a engine immobilizer as a anti theft security system?

I guess Gear lock is must to have in all cars and yes Ignis's gear lock is not (yet) available & my dealer even told me that gear lock cannot be fitted in ignis which obviously I don't believe in. Suggest wait for some time & soon aftermarket will be flooded with all kind of accessories including gear locks and stuff.

I booked an Ignis Zeta-AMT Petrol (Silver, Single Colour) on 22nd January and took delivery on 6th March. The reason for an auto gearbox is that the car is for my Father - and since he frequently drives in a lot of traffic, figured its time to give at least one of his knees a rest :) .

Dad is a Maruti loyalist, so any other make was out of the question. The choice was between the Baleno CVT & the Ignis AMT - and after taking test drives of both the cars a couple of times, my Dad was much much happier with the Ignis - primarily for the smoother ride quality (a controversial statement, possibly), slightly taller seating position and the brighter interiors, not to mention the price difference.

Personally, I felt that the Maruti engineers have upped their game as far as the AMT in the Ignis goes, especially compared to the Celerio. There is a world of difference: this gearbox is much smoother, faster and more intelligent. A totally acceptable compromise versus a CVT if you are going to drive only in the city, mostly in traffic, and generally at under 50 kmph.

2 weeks in, my Dad is happy, mileage is decent (15-ish) and my Mum is thinking of driving again after 25 years after seeing how easy the auto is!

My only minor grouse is: why-oh-why does Maruti make this seemingly daft decision of not offering the auto gearbox in the top trim? I would think that most folks paying 60k extra for the auto would pony up another 50-80k to get the fully loaded edition. I know I would.

Dealer experience at Nexa Saboo (Hi Tech City, Hyderabad) was ok - I'm not entirely sure Maruti has figured out this "premium dealership" concept - didn't really feel premium, especially when I was asked to pay Rs 40 as credit card surcharge for the floor-mats that I bought for Rs 1990 - really Maruti/Saboo Nexa - sticking me for a puny surcharge after I just spent Rs 7.6 lacs? Ah well, c'est la vie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4159493)
Mods, any idea when the review will be published? I remember an announcement about Feb last week. We are now in the second week of March and Baleno RS is released as well :)

You have your work cut out, for sure. Thank you for the one of a kind reviews as always!

Hello Mods, please publish an official review of Ignis at the earliest. It is long overdue and am quite eager to see that coming. Thanks

Had Suzuki designed Ignis (and Ritz) more tastefully, it would have been a great success.

Add to it fatter tyres and a sunroof, it would have created a lot of interest among urban-off-road lovers.

Original image: http://km77.com/)

Ignis is one of the top rated 'clean' car as results of emission tests seen in Europe by 'ADAC ECO' tests. Renault's Captur ranked the worst with largest NOx levels (which more than nine times the allowable of nitrogen oxides.)

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg

Gets 4 stars and ranked 8th. Beats plug-in- hybrids too. Recommended for environmental compatibility.

Quote:

Five petrol cars reached four stars and are also recommended for environmental compatibility according to ADAC: Suzuki Ignis 1.2, Mitsubishi SpaceStar 1.2, Citroen C3 Pure Tech 100, VW Up 1.0 TSI and the Mercedes C 200 Cabriolet
Quote:

Of the three tested plug-in hybrids, however, no vehicle receives a recommendation

Link

Nexa says, Ignis is world's urban car.