Team-BHP - The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/163845-maruti-suzuki-ignis-68.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbandit (Post 4131767)
Had visited Bharath nexa a few days back and they have the delta and zeta variants on display. But from your pictures i guess i failed to notice the additional chrome fitting in the rear of the zeta during my visit. Or i guess its an accessory fitment by mandovi ? :D

It is an official accessory provided by Maruti. Listed as "Glass Line spoiler" in the accessories catalogue.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...s_Brochure.pdf

I think it was last noticed one day before the launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4131773)
It's an add on accessory. Looks over done and so out of place

Exactly my thought!! The already weird rear end looks way worse with it. But it surely will be appreciated by the so called chrome lovers we see on road these days with all those weird chrome fitments around the headlamps,tail lamps and all around the vehicle. :uncontrol

Checked the Ignis today along with my friend who booked the Petrol Zeta AMT Tinsel blue at the Nexa in Chrompet, Chennai. Waiting period is said to be 6 to 8 weeks for now. They have a Tinsel blue zeta with painted black roof on display and Uptown red Alpha in their garage. Test drives are set to begin after January 26. The car looks compact and I particularly liked the design elements such as the headlight surroundings, bonnet side vents, AC toggle switches, dashboard layout, DRL projector headlights and nice alloy wheels. The dashboard in Alpha variant looks stylish and attractive with the touch screen and AC toggle switches. Overall the Ignis looks fresh and funky inside n out and I like it.

The DRL
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170121_123436534.jpg

DRL with headlights ON
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170121_123514407.jpg

Along with the other Nexa cars.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170121_124201568_hdr.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170121_124254519_hdr.jpg

Fancy brochure.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170121_124700938_hdr.jpg

Ignis Chennai price list.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170121_124852059_hdr.jpg

Checked the Ignis at the Autocar 2017 BKC Show.

I must say the interior is really classy and unlike the regular Maruti products that we get here.

The seats are super comfortable and it does feel like a big car from inside.

The main problem was everyone on the stall was comparing it with the Wagon R, and the sales assistant was trying hard to explain the differences when they heard about the prices.

To me its a "Premium Wagon R" and in between the Baleno and swift.

Wow! The car looks tiny standing between the Baleno and the S-Cross. Almost like an electric vehicle. :)

I haven't seen the car yet but the pics do not lead me to believe the premium pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 4131801)
Wow! The car looks tiny standing between the Baleno and the S-Cross. Almost like an electric vehicle. :)

I haven't seen the car yet but the pics do not lead me to believe the premium pricing.

In real the Ignis looks similar to the Ritz in size. In the above picture the Ignis looks small because the other two cars are parked slightly closer the camera.

Checked the car today at Nexa on Outer Ring Road. There was a huge crowd at the Nexa. Surely Ignis has managed to draw in customers to the store. In person the car looks much better than in pictures. The rear which earlier felt ugly to me was not so bad. The interiors look nice and fresh. The audio head unit (non touch screen) looks extremely out of place. Space is ample for 4 adults. Overall this is really different and will drive more bucks to Maruti's kitty!

Similar situation with me, got a call from Nexa that my car is alloted. I was under impression that it will take at least 2-3 weeks but it just took them 3 days. Still waiting for test drive though. Hope to receive my car in next 2-3 days.

Had been to NEXA (Palace), just to check the Ignis,

IMO, the Ignis has an overall stance to stand out tall in this segment. Exteriors including the rear are not as bad as expected ( going popular opinion around ). Crowd kept trickling guess will be more as this was taken during yesterday afternoon, but not as seen during the release of Baleno.
Delivery vehicles are available but TD vehicles ( all across Bangalore will only be available by month end - yet to be dispatched from MS)

waiting period quoted is 8 weeks for Petrols and 11 weeks for diesels. ( any variant)

Likely to meet Maruti's expectations of doing 21k this fiscal year in terms of numbers.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-20170120_174425.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-20170120_174447.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-20170120_174650.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitoasis (Post 4131777)
It is an official accessory provided by Maruti. Listed as "Glass Line spoiler" in the accessories catalogue.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...s_Brochure.pdf

I think it was last noticed one day before the launch.

Wow! I Just went through the accessory brochure and I must say its a very long list. This is more like Mini territory in my opinion. Maruti Suzuki has gone one step further in the game they started with Brezza and they seem to be playing it all alone right now.

Though most items must be costing a bomb in comparison to after market accessory, I always feel tempted with OEM accessory while purchasing a new vehicle. stupid:

Hi all! I have booked the Alpha diesel in tinsel blue with a black roof here in Trichy, Tamilnadu. Waiting period is approximately 10-12 weeks. I am pretty happy with the overall appearance of the car.

This would strictly be a daily runabout car and would be replacing my 2012 Ford Figo. Ingress and egress are definitely easier than in the Figo, but I would miss the ride quality and handling.

The Ignis comes with 175/65/15 tyres , which look a bit skinny. The display cars are clad with Bridgestone Ecopias.
I guess the skinny tyres are responsible for the 26kmpl mileage.

My feedback on test driving the Ignis AMT

Guess I'm the first one here as an individual ( not media ) with a first hand review

Test Vehicle : Zeta Petrol
Dealer: Nexa, East of Kailash, New Delhi

The gear shift in one word: Remarkable
It's nowhere close to the AMT offered on the 1.0L 3cylinder pot in Celerio & Wagon R

Although the TD track was small, however it was significant enough to assess the AGS

The shift is smoo...ooth clap:

What's not so good is the steering
It felt super light ( almost dead ) ... :Frustrati

Couldn't test drive at high speed else would have assessed if the steering continues to remain deadish

I'm finalising my Ignis Petrol AGS ( Zeta )

SE still claim a waiting of 8-10 weeks however we all do know the reality.

One more review of Ignis by SVP and he says the suspension of the Diesel is the best among all the Maruti cars he has driven!

https://youtu.be/_aJOI6OCnE0

Also, visited the NEXA showroom today and after seeing the Ignis in flesh actually liked it and would be going ahead with my booking!

NEXA in JP Nagar - Blr has a AMT Ignis for test drive .

My cousin took a TD yesterday, he drove a Zeta Petrol AMT. Contrary to what people are saying in reviews, his views were opposite. He was thoroughly disgusted with the AMT as he said that there was sudden drop in rpm while gears were shifting. He was equally unhappy with the steering feedback, dead was what he mentioned. As per him, this car is fine for people around 25-35 age group, small family types. Rear visibility is problematic , especially with people sitting behind. The rear bench is not comfortable, suspension is soft. Now he is waiting to take TD of a manual one. That's quite a bit of issues!! By the way he drives a Ritz (not the VVTi one) and he says it's not as good as a Ritz. Now I need to take a TD, maybe some time next week and see for myself.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065101.051027.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065117.401163.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065133.418775.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065143.321105.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065153.436882.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065166.820989.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065176.156095.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065200.790198.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065210.940049.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485065222.976254.jpg

Sharing few pictures during my visit to Nexa showroom near Sector 14, Gurgaon on my way back home after dropping my Brezza for Servicing at Rana Motors. I also drive a Ritz VDi 2011 model.

I did not TD the demo car but I found the Ignis to be stylish and a good combination of Retro and Modern looks. Interiors are good. Front seats are very good and provide good overall support. Rear seats are decent but may not be comfortable for 3 healthy adults. Visibility is also very good. Colour and finishing is very good. Boot space is excellent considering the size of the car and I found it more than a Swift/ Ritz.

All in all, it's a good looking car and may be a very good option for city driving for a small family. It may be good upgrade from Wagon R or Celerio or Estilo or A Star. Considering the price tag of the top model in the Diesel Variant, I found it to be on the higher side.