Team-BHP - The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/163845-maruti-suzuki-ignis-65.html)

NEXA Chromepet (Vishnu Cars) has Tinsel Blue IGNIS on display.

Received a call from Nexa (East of Kailash)
The SE called to inform me that they have received the TD vehicle and test drives have begun.

To all those anxiously waiting for a TD, now is the time :)

I am so relieved with this pricing having bought the Tiago XZ Petrol. Tiago feels so much more VFM now.

To be fair, I compared both and the features missing in Tiago (in the order I would have liked) are Climate control, Electrically retractable outer mirrors (Tiago has only electrically adjustable), Rear seat 60:40 Split, Adjustable rear head rest, Reverse Camera(although Tiago has a park assist), LED Headlamps, CD Player(I don't really need one).

Maruti Suzuki's IGNIS , Media drive - OD's report!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-11.jpg

The pick of the lot is the MT in both diesel and petrol but the Petrol seems to be advantageous ( as stated ) in the long term ownership. Diesel AMT's seems a matter of convenience only and has its share of predictable shifts and' crudeness'. Petrol AMT Variant is the way to go if choosing the AMT Variant.

Quote:

the diesel , I felt quite uncomfortable with the way the AMT was working. Gear shifts weren’t very predictable and it seemed like it was doing its own thing rather than doing what I wanted it to. And for some reason, the revs wouldn’t drop as soon as you lifted your foot off the accelerator. It would stay at the rpm you left it at for an extra second, which means it doesn’t start decelerating immediately. That’s quite unnerving especially while driving it within city where there’s constant acceleration and deceleration thanks to traffic
Quote:

When it comes to picking between the diesel and petrol engines, I’m a bit partial towards the latter, and I’ll explain why. The diesel engine, despite being a bit rough and slow-revving, still packs a good punch. There is that familiar lag till around 1,700rpm, but once the turbo spools up, the rpm meter quickly climbs up till the redline. NVH levels are good too, but from our experience with our long term Baleno, the diesel engine does get a bit noisier with age. But it’s still a proven engine, and it’s that sense of reliability that’s makes it a Maruti.
Ride
Quote:

The car feels very nimble and it changes direction pretty quickly. This along with its compact dimensions, makes it a real riot to drive inside the city.
there is some amount of well-controlled body roll during quick direction changes at high speeds.
High speed stability however, is very impressive especially considering the skinny tyres it’s running, while the brakes, which are progressive in nature, offer good performance and feedback.

Where it does fall short though, is with the steering. The electric steering in the Ignis is quite lifeless, and is probably the weakest link when it comes to being connected to the driver. It takes a while before you get used to the vague feel of the steering
Verdict: Price kept aside -
Quote:

It’s one of the few cars in the affordable segment that has character. It’s a fun little car in every way, and there hasn’t been a car so far in the sub-10 lakh price range that’s put a mischievous smile on my face the way this one did. In fact, it’s one of the few cars in this price bracket that one wants to own
Zeta petrol variant is the way to go as the VFM Package

AUTOCAR india

Verdict:This isn’t your typical Maruti. It isn’t value for money in the true Maruti sense, its styling steers away from the safe path, and it will polarise people into ‘love-it’ or ‘hate-it’ camps. If you find yourself in the ‘love-it’ group there is very little to turn you away from the Ignis.

Petrol variant is the choice and avoid the AMT dues to its characteristic crudeness.

CnB- SVP Review coming up!
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-cnb.jpg

Summary: Ignis is a funky looking car not easy to ignore:)

Link

Link1

Maybe this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to fit the aac unit of the alpha onto the lower trims of the ignis?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhavgpai (Post 4130549)
I am so relieved with this pricing having bought the Tiago XZ Petrol. Tiago feels so much more VFM now.

To be fair, I compared both and the features missing in Tiago (in the order I would have liked) are Climate control, Electrically retractable outer mirrors (Tiago has only electrically adjustable), Rear seat 60:40 Split, Adjustable rear head rest, Reverse Camera(although Tiago has a park assist), LED Headlamps, CD Player(I don't really need one).

I will agree that Tiago is VFM. Ignis is priced at a premium.
Both cars vary in terms of equipment list. That's obvious as Features are used as the Marketing Thing. But what I will hope for is the same kind of reliability as Ignis. Maruti's are known for Reliability & my 5 Year Old WagonR proved it.

But, with High expectations I bought Tiago (As a Nice Product), but what I don't want are the problems cropping up after initial years. This is the common thing for Tata Cars. Some might not show up, but if it happens that's where Maruti wins over Tata. Hence the slightly Premium Price for its Differentness & Reliability of Ignis is well justified IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei (Post 4130659)
Maybe this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to fit the aac unit of the alpha onto the lower trims of the ignis?

Not possible, because the entire Circuit & Sensors will be different. Climate Control is an electronic thing, while Manual AC vary the AC cooling & speed by altering the Refrigerant & Fan Output.

If the ACC was swapable, many who wanted would have done the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei (Post 4130659)

No, theoretically it's not impossible. Practically not advisable, don't even think of trying it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4130619)
Maruti Suzuki's IGNIS , Media drive - OD's report!

The pick of the lot is the MT in both diesel and petrol but the Petrol seems to be advantageous ( as stated ) in the long term ownership. Diesel AMT's seems a matter of convenience only and has its share of predictable shifts and' crudeness'. Petrol AMT Variant is the way to go if choosing the AMT Variant.

Wow!! The Swift's successor it seems. I usually zoom straight to the drive and ride section in most new car reviews as these are the deal breakers for me. And I much say that except for the lifeless steering th journos are pretty impressed with the way the car drives.

And LED headlamps...boy...does Maruti put a lot of manufacturers to shame by introducing it in this class. lol:

Looking forward to a detailed acquaintance.

Drive on,
Shibu.

First drive report by Motown India

Click to Open

Maruti Suzuki Ignis bookings cross 10,000 units, beats company's optimistic estimates!

The car was launched on January 13 and on that day the company said that Ignis bookings crossed 6000 units! The waiting period on Ignis has gone up to 2-3 months.

ET

CnB's - SVP reviews the Ignis - Again the pick is the Petrol in MT guise.

Quote:

But the manual petrol is certainly zippy and fun, though lacks the sporty appeal that the diesel has. The car is efficient and the 1.2 motor has been married well with the 5 speed manual box. You get a sense of fun and an urgency to get going - which is great for a car in this space. The generous amount of torque that even petrol has means you don't have to frequently change gears in city traffic.
Quote:

The car swallows potholes, glides over broken surfaces and does decently well on mud roads too. It also leads to less fatigue while driving over longer distances. Its handling and ride quality are right up there, and the car almost doesn't feel Japanese - and dare I say more European! That isn't altogether surprising though since the Ignis has been originally designed for the European buyer, before any India plans materialised! What is great is that we seem to be getting a similar build and performance package as those on the continent are! The petrol's suspension will also impress you, but the diesel's added weight just gives it a suppler ride.
Quote:

The petrol Ignis does better with the AMT than the diesel, where the engine's turbo lag becomes a tad evident. Again it's the upshifts that see the delay and not really the downshifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNqTOX0dgU

Quote:

But the big story when you drive the Ignis is its suspension. By far the best suspension setup of any Maruti Suzuki small car yet! Yes - that's a loaded statement I know, but I am willing to back it up with the input from Maruti, that ride comfort was a key consideration in the development of this car. While the car sits on Suzuki's 5th generation A+ platform and is therefore not as wide as the Baleno (that uses the B platform), it is extremely sorted and planted. The ride exudes a confident stance and also the sense of great build - an asset to a Maruti model. It is not too stiff and yet gives you tight cornering and sharp handling. Yet it is not too soft and yet glides over potholes and rough broken surfaces with ease. Truly impressive
Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4130765)
Maruti Suzuki Ignis bookings cross 10,000 units, beats company's optimistic estimates!

Excellent Start, I had guessed these numbers (15k) The All Round Baleno has a Waiting Period till date, why not this Quirky, Different, Unique, Appealing Car.

Despite its premium pricing, this car has more then enough to appeal to various kind of Buyers. And with its price range from as low as Go+/i10 all the way upto Ecosport/Ciaz, this was bound to happen.

I think this waiting might even stretch further like 8-10 months.

Thanks to my cousin Dr. Abhishek for sending me the details of accessories.

My elder brother is looking at the Ignis, I'm planning to take a test drive with him in month end. Then we will decide. Slowly, people are forgetting about the price point and looking positively at the car.:thumbs up

Autocar India's first drive report of the Ignis-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ovJIRMLLo

Quote:

Originally Posted by M AUTO (Post 4129858)
The first generation Swift was introduced in 2000 as a replacement for the Suzuki Cultus. Outside Japan, the "Suzuki Ignis" name was used.

This photo from wikipedia is of the 2003-08 Ignis. Rear looks good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 4130989)
This photo from wikipedia is of the 2003-08 Ignis. Rear looks good.

This has resemblance with Ford Fusion in this angle.