Team-BHP - The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/163845-maruti-suzuki-ignis-26.html)

First pictures of the India-spec Ignis:

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig1w.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig2w.jpg

Big thanks to GTO for emailing me the official watermarks in a jiffy.

Thanks RavenAvi for the images. This appears to be a top spec, Red with Black roof dual tone.
But, where are the roof rails, Maruti? :eek::banghead:

Sorry If I am the only one with bad vision but it looks plain UGLY! What is it!!! An edgy version of Chevy Beat or an inflated Mahindra E20 or may be grilled Celerio with non complimenting Bug eyed headlights. Whatever it is but sure I found it unpleasant. :deadhorse

what kind of an ugly contraption is this ? Is maruti out of it's mind or is it something else, like massive saving on materials we commons cannot figure out yet. But still why make something this ugly. It seems to me like more maruti tries to distance itself from suzuki, the more neither here nor there models it comes up with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4109178)
what kind of an ugly contraption is this ? Is maruti out of it's mind or is it something else, like massive saving on materials we commons cannot figure out yet. But still why make something this ugly. It seems to me like more maruti tries to distance itself from suzuki, the more neither here nor there models it comes up with.

I have no idea but I find this car as quite contemporary looking. Everything looks proper ratio-ed to me.

Just disappointed that there is never going to be an AWD variant in here. I have been to Himalayas in my sedan and all the time I could not help thinking how easy an AWD small hatch could be on narrow roads and steep inclines.

Is it only me or does the rear third (around the 'adidas stripes' )area remind somewhat of the verito vibe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passiautonate (Post 4109168)
Sorry If I am the only one with bad vision but it looks plain UGLY! _________________ Whatever it is but sure I found it unpleasant. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4109178)
what kind of an ugly contraption is this ? ________________.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atnyia (Post 4109195)
I have no idea but I find this car as quite contemporary looking. Everything looks proper ratio-ed to me.

Seems a rare occurrence when MSL has succeeded in generating strong and contrasting views about design of its product. :D

Sorry to say this but it looks like the child of KUV and a Verito!

But I am certain this will sell like hot cakes. Love the signature light in front though. Also the utility and reliability would be great.

The back for me looks like the fiat Uno, though the uno's back was better. We would need more pictures to comment though. Hope they do a decent job.

The front is fine but the side profile is pretty ugly. Look at all that metal over the rear wheels. I could put a football field there. Spoils the side profile IMHO.

I wouldn't have been surprised if this was a M&M offering , but coming from Maruti one would have definitely expected a better design. I know they are trying hard to woo the younger crowd but some more thought should have gone into the design of this car.

The frontal design looks classy, rear is subjective, but side profile is questionable.
The size of the glass is very puny compared to metal. The rear sitting will give the same claustrophobic feeling as swift. Considering this is based on Ritz / Swift platform some pros and cons will be inherited. Overall a commendable effort on design. The tall stance and SUVish look will attract many buyers. The booster jet, rear adjustable seats, Floating touch pad, new styled AC knobs, 4X4 could be segment first if launched.

Thoroughly, this is a unconventional approach in the sea of similar ones. Wish Maruti successful one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 4109203)
Is it only me or does the rear third (around the 'adidas stripes' )area remind somewhat of the verito vibe?

The Ignis is meant to be a modern variation of the Suzuki Whizzkid

Source - Jalopnik.com

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-whizzkid.jpg

Many didn't like the Swift and most hated the Swift Dezire at the time they were launched. And yet both were stupendously successful. One shouldn't be surprised if Ignis repeats that success.

Suzuki Ignis was the recipient of the 'Good Design Award 2016 'in Japan. It did score in practicality and driving performance. Has sold 18000+ units in Japan since its launch in early 2016. Now making its debut in India and Europe simultaneously.

Well understand each market has its limitations. Let us wait the Indian Drive reports which will primarily drive the success of this 'Mini Crossover'.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2016/0929b.html