Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 23:35   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India

Welcome upgrades to the ageing Vento. The excess use of chrome is a bit of hit/miss. Some love it and others don't.

Auto folding mirrors, Cruise control, cooled glove box are all standard features in the segment now so nothing new but welcome none the less. The new darker beige will uplift the cabin for sure.

The front looks are again divided. Some like the old sleek look others will like the more grown up look. It looks wider and more Passat'ish.

The TSI DSG and TDI DSG are pretty much the benchmark in this segment. So anyone looking at an AT, the Vento is pretty much the one to get in Diesel or Petrol. Vento buyers look beyond the features of the Honda City and Verna. You need to appreciate the build quality and mechanicals. That's the appeal.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 06:39   #32
BHPian

Any idea if they have added door padding, yesterday I was driving the diesel dsg, and the feel of plastic touching my elbow irritated me, quite a bit. My 6 year old fiesta has leather door paddings and felt more premium, at least the interior.
Old 22nd May 2015, 09:25   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
If I am not wrong, there will be one more "Facelift" before the next gen Vento will be available in India?
IMO, Polo next generation will arrive in 2018. Vento too could follow the same time plan.
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:00   #34

Good to hear about the upgrades. Had these features like cruise control and others have been introduced 2 years earlier, Vento would have been the best out of this segment and could have sold in more numbers. I wish I had cruise control feature atleast 1 year earlier before I purchased
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:30   #35
BHPian

I, for one, quite like the new Passat treatment to the front and the tweaked tail lamps. The new features do bring the Vento on par with segment standard features and are a welcome addition.
The most compelling reason, still IMHO, to go for the Vento would still be the diesel plus DSG combo!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:21   #36
BHPian

So my 3 month old Vento is already outdated. Can't keep up with VW and their updates!

Will have to check with service if they can retrofit cruise control, dead pedal etc onto existing models. If they do, that'll be fantastic!
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:19   #37
Team-BHP Support

The Russians get a better package in terms of the facelift - bixenon headlamps with DRLs and washers, sensors in the front bumper for park assist and the newer design auto dimming IRVM in addition to whatever chrome is offered here.

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-vwpolosedan1.jpeg

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-vwpolosedan2.jpeg

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-vwpolosedan4.jpeg

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-vwpolosedan5.jpeg

Thank goodness, we get the better 1.2 TSI engine whereas those folks get the older 1.6 petrol.

Source: Carscoops
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:32   #38
PPS
Senior - BHPian

VW India should have offered projector headlamps since its cousin the Skoda Rapid has been having that since the past many months now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
And new alloy wheel design.
The alloy wheels are the same as the ones offered on the 2014 facelift of the Polo (highline variant). Posting a pic from member DWC's ownership thread.
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-alloy.jpg
Old 23rd May 2015, 13:41   #39
BHPian

Vento has Sunglass holders in glovebox. It could have been separate sunglass holder mounted in roof like in jetta
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-volkswagenjetta2013interiorvehiclesfor2013volkswagenjettainteriorcargallerytrends.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2015, 15:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Very welcome upgrades by VW. I'm pleased that VW actually have added these new features to the Vento (and I hope to the upcoming GTs as well, soon). This certainly would negate the need for people to go and (sometimes) burn their fingers at places like Sugeshs' Vagtune & Himanshu @ J&J MotorWerks.

Just very better these new features come as stock. (of course, my opinion)
Old 23rd May 2015, 17:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Though the whole Teambhp has been raving about the 1.2 TSI vento, I really don't think it is going to sell. Even with N number of facelifts VW cannot play a game here unless they have a TSI available for test drive. Leave alone a TSI Test drive car per dealer, they don't even have one Vento TSI car for Test drive in whole of a meteopolitan city like chennai among all 3 dealers. They are just offering polo GT for TD and goading the customer to book a vento. The above said was my own personal experience. It's a real shame to see such a good turbocharged engine with state of the art transmission suffer such a pathetic treatment

Proof

Last edited by geeash : 23rd May 2015 at 17:14.
Old 25th May 2015, 13:00   #42
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

The facelifted Vento's wheels are not the same as POLO. Attaching both pics for reference. Source: motoroids

PIC 1: Vento
PIC 2: POLO

Writing thins because every reviewer is saying that the wheels are a direct ripoff from polo. They are uncannily similar though. I like the Polo one's better.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-2015volkswagenventoalloywheels21.jpg  

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-new2014volkswagenpolo1.5tditosaalloywheels.jpg  

Crazy_Bean is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 16:33   #43
BHPian

Anybody knows the launch date? the website still shows old Vento Model?
Old 26th May 2015, 18:21   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Anybody knows the launch date? the website still shows old Vento Model?
As per the dealer, it will be an August Launch.
Old 27th May 2015, 11:26   #45
BHPian

A question for Vento owners in Bangalore. How does the ground clearance hold up on the legendary humps in the city? I love this car and want to go for the 1.2 TSi option but really worried about scraping every hump on the road. I am fed up of doing the same with my current i10
Closed Thread

Most Viewed