Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 11:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe

A big thank you to Rajdeep Singh for bringing this to our notice.

Hyundai's flagship SUV in India - Santa FE has been given a silent update in 2015. This update includes two new features that have been added to the equipment list.

Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe-santa-fe.jpg

While the exteriors of the car largely remain unchanged, Hyundai seem to have added re-designed ORVMs. Old ones looked like this.

Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe-mirrors.jpg

Remember how the older car had a tiny touchscreen unit? Well, the newer car gets an 8" touchscreen audio system which supports DVD, USB, Aux-In, Bluetooth and iPod function. The system also includes GPS Navigation with 3 years of free map updates. The 2015 update also includes automatic headlamps which were conspicuous by their absence in the 2014 vehicle. Do keep in mind that all these additional features are part of the standard equipment on both the 2WD and 4WD AT variants only. The base 2WD MT variant's equipment list remains unchanged.

Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe-avn.jpg

It is quite an unpleasant surprise to see Hyundai leaving out the sunroof from the equipment list of this updated version, especially since until the introduction of the Grand i10, their Rs. 6 lakh hatchback - i10, offered one but their Rs. 35 lakh SUV still doesn't.

The Santa FE continues to be powered by the 2.2 litre diesel engine that churns out 194 bhp. It is still available with either a 6-speed manual gearbox (421 Nm of torque) or a 6-speed automatic (436 Nm of torque), with the former available in 2WD only while the latter available with 2WD as well as 4WD.

In case you've missed it, check out our official review of the 2014 Santa Fe.

Ex-showroom Delhi prices for the updated Santa Fe are as below:
2WD MT: Rs. 26.88 lakhs
2WD AT: Rs. 28.10 lakhs
4WD AT: Rs. 30.20 lakhs

Here's a link to the official brochure.

Last edited by S2!!! : 24th April 2015 at 11:41.
S2!!! is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe

The larger touch screen is a great addition, it was something which was sorely needed. The auto headlamps will be useful too. Though I wish Hyundai had included auto dimming rear view mirrors with this update, and auto up/down windows which are small things but definitely missed on the Santa Fe.
Akshay1234 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 19:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe

Good add-ons, but it would have been nice if they made the safety features standard across the range. A Polo GT TSI which costs less than one-third of the Santa FE 2WD MT/AT is better equipped on safety tech. On the convenience front, memory function to compliment the 12-way adjustable driver seat would have been ideal.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 21:14   #4
BHPian

Have the prices increased or are they the same as the pre-facelift model?

Lovely car as it is. Cutting into the sales of Fortuner increasingly.

Last edited by kartavya : 24th April 2015 at 21:15.
Old 24th April 2015, 22:15   #5
BHPian

AFAIK, the headlights are new too with the new eyebrow DRLs?
Old 24th April 2015, 22:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
AFAIK, the headlights are new too with the new eyebrow DRLs?
Nope, check this from the official review : http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Hyun...santafe-11.jpg
revved_up is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 02:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Do you have the Santa Fe confused with some other vehicle or did I miss something in the review which states the safety features on the Santa Fe to be quite exhaustive c/w 5 star NCAP rating. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3382791

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good add-ons, but it would have been nice if they made the safety features standard across the range. A Polo GT TSI which costs less than one-third of the Santa FE 2WD MT/AT is better equipped on safety tech. On the convenience front, memory function to compliment the 12-way adjustable driver seat would have been ideal.
Old 25th April 2015, 07:42   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Do you have the Santa Fe confused with some other vehicle or did I miss something in the review which states the safety features on the Santa Fe to be quite exhaustive c/w 5 star NCAP rating. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3382791
No confusion there

The features which got it the best-in-class Euro-NCAP 5-star rating is all available in the top variant - 4WD AT, but not for the 2WD MT and AT. See the screenshot from the latest brochure:

Hyundai silently updates the Santa Fe-screen-shot-20150425-9.58.03-am.png
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 10:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Auto headlamps & bigger screen are good, valuable updates which will help enhancing driver comfort & also justify the price tag of this car but what's with Hyundai and their quiet updates?

First the Elantra & now this. Why the secrecy when until a few months back Hyundai along with Maruti used to shout the loudest for any small update in their cars?
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 15:39   #10
i10
BHPian

I think it is a smart strategy - too much noise might put people off from their new launches later this year.
Old 25th April 2015, 17:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

It's a shame that they didn't introduce all these new features on the base MT model. It still makes it slightly more expensive than competition.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the new Trail Blazer and Endeavour and see what features their base cars are going to carry.
Old 25th April 2015, 18:37   #12
BHPian

Wow! About two months ago I had test driven Hyundai Santafe at the dealership. The sales guy mentioned this exact update with the bigger touch screen and free maps for three years.
In the next few days I looked for similar information online but couldn't find anything, hence I refrained from posting on team bhp.

Now, I'm quite amazed that dealership had the news two months before the official announcement.
Old 25th April 2015, 20:39   #13
BHPian

Looks like Hyundai is running some undercover operation updating it's models quietly. Quite the opposite of Volkswagen who omit features and pray people don't notice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Lovely car as it is. Cutting into the sales of Fortuner increasingly.
I wish this was true. The Fortuner has carved out a spot for itself much like its sibling - the Innova. I think it also boils down to the fact that the SantaFe is very car like to drive. Seems like a very very big hatchback to be honest (not saying that is a bad thing)

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks