Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 11:46   #481
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Since it's based on the Duster platform, it is bound to have amazing ride quality.

I don't think an AT is planned for the near future. Also, I have a feeling they might just exit the market in a couple of years or so

I have decided upon buying a first hand automatic version of the Duster for the time being. The following were the reasons in favour:

1. I am looking at primarily city traffic and despite being in my mid 30s, I am very much a novice/ beginner as far as driving cars goes - so would need a proven, fuss free SUV with a decent ground clearance and reasonable maintenance costs. I will need something that is robust and also drives easy in start stop traffic.
  2. I plan to a later point in time, start doing some off road trips - start light just outside of my city before I graduate to much longer and challenging trips. So building the necessary driving acumen and stamina in a proven non-fancy vehicle makes a lot of sense to me. It is just so much mentally comforting I would not probably do these in a Kicks or a Harrier at this stage, than I would in a old Duster!
  3. The New Duster comes in sometime soon and would be priced definitely higher given that it has a new exterior and probably some added mechanical bits. I am someone who prefers effects over graces but that doesn't mean that I will settle for a design that looks like a pitbull or something a bit more abominable :P, so given that context and the fact that buying an older Duster makes a lot more economical sense, I am settling in for it. At the price level looks do not matter as much and the old Duster is not so much of a bad looking vehicle.
landmaster18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 14:02   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmaster18 View Post
[*]I am looking at primarily city traffic and despite being in my mid 30s, I am very much a novice/ beginner as far as driving cars goes - so would need a proven, fuss free SUV with a decent ground clearance and reasonable maintenance costs. I will need something that is robust and also drives easy in start stop traffic.
I am not sure if the maintenance is reasonable. A colleagues Duster 4x4 MT which has never seen roads other than what Gurgaon, Delhi and our neighbouring highways offer and has completed only 30k kms in 4 years of time has got both its rear shockers changed along with front tie rods. The 30k kms service costed him a staggering 32k Rs. The earlier services have all been also in the range of 10-12k Rs. So the maintenance costs might work out to be more than what you have accounted for.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 08:39   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am not sure if the maintenance is reasonable. A colleagues Duster 4x4 MT which has never seen roads other than what Gurgaon, Delhi and our neighbouring highways offer and has completed only 30k kms in 4 years of time has got both its rear shockers changed along with front tie rods. The 30k kms service costed him a staggering 32k Rs. The earlier services have all been also in the range of 10-12k Rs. So the maintenance costs might work out to be more than what you have accounted for.

The high maintenance costs led me to speaking to a couple of people I know who own the Duster and they seem to say the same. Also the spares cost a bomb! I have to reevaluate my decision it looks like.
landmaster18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 10:11   #484
BHPian

why are you not considering the Nexon?
It will take more of a beating and is a proven machine.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 10:11   #485
BHPian

I have purchased Kicks petrol XL variant last month. Till now i have driven about 400 km. I liked the Nissan connect application (although have some bugs). It basically tell various information like where your car is parked, vehicle health (battery, brakes, engine temperature etc.). Plus if you have driver you can understand if he has taken your car anywhere else.

With regards to driving performance, i will comment later but right it feels solid and steering gives good feedback and involving to drive.

Some issues i am having is USB port is not charging my iphone and nissan connect only work on 1 phone. I will check both these on first service.
its.me.ankur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 21:44   #486
Senior - BHPian

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Although I have seen the Kicks many times now, I saw one again up close again today and wondered if this is one of those genuinely good cars, which has been just let down by the brand recall. The Kicks looks good, has decent presence and its interiors are quite upmarket as well.
If Nissan was a better performing brand in India, say at least in the league of Renault, I think it would have done far better than the kind of numbers its doing now. A perfect example of a good car coming in too late for a brand.
motorworks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 19:37   #487
BHPian

Does anyone know the NCAP rating for the Indian version of the kicks? I had seen the international version has got 4 star rating (same as creta).

I am contemplating between XV and XL variant. There is a price difference of exactly 2 lakhs on road price for these variants in Hyderabad.

I am thinking to exchange my 2 years old TUV 300 for the kicks. For the difference of 2 lakhs I am getting the below additional features in the XV variant, but do these features justify the steep price?
  • 17 Inch alloy wheels
  • Touch screen with
  • Android auto/apple car play
  • Steering mounted controls
  • Rear camera
  • Rear seat center arm rest
  • Fog lights
  • Rear wiper
  • Roof rails

If I go for XL variant and go for aftermarket fitments, it would cost me around 65-70k for the below extra fittings plus additional 6-10k for seat covers. Having said that, the aftermarket fit and finish will be a hit or miss
  • 17 Inch alloy wheels - 40,000
  • Touch screen with - 20,000
  • Android auto/apple car play - Included in above
  • Steering mounted controls - N/A
  • Rear camera - 2,000
  • Rear seat center arm rest - N/A
  • Fog lights - 2,000
  • Rear wiper - N/A
  • Roof rails - N/A

any advise?
Old 29th May 2019, 22:33   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I am contemplating between XV and XL variant. There is a price difference of exactly 2 lakhs on road price for these variants in Hyderabad.
any advise?
Any day I will prefer factory fitted features rather than adding those through after market accessories. This way it is easy to claim warranty as well and the fit & finish always remain top notch.
However, for the amount of Kit on offer 2 lakhs is bit steep. Try to bargain hard with the dealer that's the only way to minimise the gap. Try to make them believe that you are getting a better deal elsewhere.
Just a question, is it a petrol or diesel model you are looking for ?

@mods : when can we expect the official review ?
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 22:47   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know the NCAP rating for the Indian version of the kicks? I had seen the international version has got 4 star rating (same as creta).

GNCAP has not tested the Indian Kicks yet. Please do note that the international kicks is an entirely different car based on a different platform. The one sold here is based on the Duster/Terrano platform. Both Renault/Nissan tried to pull a fast one by using design/name from their international counterparts. The nearest comparison you have is the Duster which infamously had a smaller airbag and scored 3* with body rated as unstable when tested by GNCAP. Full report can be found here. Other cars from the Renault stable didn't fare well in the crash tests as well.
The price difference is quite steep for what is provided. I'd recommend you to go with XV and bargain hard, if you end up deciding to go for it.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 23:09   #490
BHPian

Quote:
  • 17 Inch alloy wheels
  • Touch screen with
  • Rear camera
  • Fog lights
  • Rear wiper
  • Roof rails
According to the brochure, you'll also get:
1. Satin skid plate
2. Satin chrome body side cladding
3. Eco mode for diesel variant
4. Front seat back pocket
5. Voice recognition
6. Steering mounted controls
7. Dual horn- Trumpet
8. Vehicle dynamic control (VDC) for diesel variant
9. Seat upholstery: Fabric with single stitch

VDC and Eco Mode are only major features here . So, bargain!
HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 23:23   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Just a question, is it a petrol or diesel model you are looking for ?
Thank you for the advise. It is very much helpful. I am looking for diesel variant as I travel 60kms everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
GNCAP has not tested the Indian Kicks yet. Please do note that the international kicks is an entirely different car based on a different platform. The one sold here is based on the Duster/Terrano platform. Both Renault/Nissan tried to pull a fast one by using design/name from their international counterparts. The nearest comparison you have is the Duster which infamously had a smaller airbag and scored 3* with body rated as unstable when tested by GNCAP. Full report can be found here. Other cars from the Renault stable didn't fare well in the crash tests as well.
The price difference is quite steep for what is provided. I'd recommend you to go with XV and bargain hard, if you end up deciding to go for it.
This very good information, I was aware that international version was little bit small in length but was not aware that it was totally on a different platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
According to the brochure, you'll also get:
1. Satin skid plate
2. Satin chrome body side cladding
3. Eco mode for diesel variant
4. Front seat back pocket
5. Voice recognition
6. Steering mounted controls
7. Dual horn- Trumpet
8. Vehicle dynamic control (VDC) for diesel variant
9. Seat upholstery: Fabric with single stitch

VDC and Eco Mode are only major features here . So, bargain!
I ignored these, as they were minor features. VDC I think I missed out, any idea what it does? Sounds like a safety feature?
Old 29th May 2019, 23:29   #492
BHPian

Quote:

I ignored these, as they were minor features. VDC I think I missed out, any idea what it does? Sounds like a safety feature?
Yes it's a safety feature. VDC prevents under steer and oversteer by reducing engine power and applying brakes to individual wheels.
HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 13:39   #493
BHPian

Quote:

I am thinking to exchange my 2 years old TUV 300 for the kicks. For the difference of 2 lakhs I am getting the below additional features in the XV variant, but do these features justify the steep price?
  • 17 Inch alloy wheels
  • Touch screen with
  • Rear camera
  • Fog lights
  • Rear wiper
  • Roof rails

If I go for XL variant and go for aftermarket fitments, it would cost me around 65-70k for the below extra fittings plus additional 6-10k for seat covers. Having said that, the aftermarket fit and finish will be a hit or miss
  • 17 Inch alloy wheels - 40,000
  • Touch screen with - 20,000
  • Android auto/apple car play - Included in above
  • Steering mounted controls - N/A
  • Rear camera - 2,000
  • Rear seat center arm rest - N/A
  • Fog lights - 2,000
  • Rear wiper - N/A
  • Roof rails - N/A

any advise?

Hey, I was on the same boat!

I have a diesel Kicks XV purchased Feb 15th. 8k on the odo now.

Those extra features pointed out by you is definitely cheaper outside.
But at the cost of tampering Head unit wires, finish, quality, and more over you will miss the peace of mind from factory fitted.

The 8inch Touch ICE, 17 inchers are not bad looking to reject.

I too found 2 lakh price diff being too steep. But after these analysis I got convinced for paying extra for XV variant.

* XV - the extras come factory fitted with 3 years warranty- Peace of mind
* Time saved on doing research on aftermarket items and getting it done by unauthorized person handling a new car. Instead pay that 2 lakh and get all delivered instantly.
*The extra 2 lakh spent is on the next variant which adds up in availing loan rather spent extra out of our pocket. This indirectly helps in claiming depreciation, re-sale value, warranty.
*Its adds up to the invoice of the car as a variant and not as an aftermarket expenditure.

Things to note:
ROOF RAILS
Factory fitted = Bolted
Showroom fitted = Usually Glued. This was the case in my chevy Beat.

Interior of XV had more premium feel. Satin finish Ac vents, steering, gear shift console

Certain other feature mentioned by HarshGtR most of those cannot done by outside.
jeganatu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 14:19   #494
BHPian

Quote:
One of the things to consider is how long you plan to keep this car. If its for 5+ years then it makes sense to spend the extra 2L and have all the features and not have buyers regret including the after market additions and warranty concerns the others above has rightly mentioned.
But if its for a shorter window where you expect to upgrade to another car before that then you can go for the lower variant to keep you depreciation low.

I'm saying this from experience after having sold my S-Cross Alpha within 12 months of purchase and regretted the amount lost in the transaction as the buyer really didn't want to pay top dollar/rupee for the extra features which he said he could do without. (Note: I was selling urgently so did not have the luxury of time so almost a distress sale as well).

Hope this helps.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 17:18   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Hey, I was on the same boat!

I have a diesel Kicks XV purchased Feb 15th. 8k on the odo now.

Those extra features pointed out by you is definitely cheaper outside.
But at the cost of tampering Head unit wires, finish, quality, and more over you will miss the peace of mind from factory fitted.

The 8inch Touch ICE, 17 inchers are not bad looking to reject.

I too found 2 lakh price diff being too steep. But after these analysis I got convinced for paying extra for XV variant.
Totally agree with your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
One of the things to consider is how long you plan to keep this car. If its for 5+ years then it makes sense to spend the extra 2L and have all the features and not have buyers regret including the after market additions and warranty concerns the others above has rightly mentioned.
But if its for a shorter window where you expect to upgrade to another car before that then you can go for the lower variant to keep you depreciation low.

I'm saying this from experience after having sold my S-Cross Alpha within 12 months of purchase and regretted the amount lost in the transaction as the buyer really didn't want to pay top dollar/rupee for the extra features which he said he could do without. (Note: I was selling urgently so did not have the luxury of time so almost a distress sale as well).

Hope this helps.
This helps a lot. Thank you for the details.

I visited Nissan showroom located near Gachibowli near my office. Got a quotation of 13 lacs for XL and 15 lacs for XV variant. I loved the blue color which was on display. I was not able to do test ride as I was in a hurry.

Asked for re-sale value of my TUV 300, SA took pictures and said will get back to me by evening. Attached the on-road prices in Hyderabad. Did not bargain any deal as of yet but SA said there are few exchange offers and discounts going on.

Exterior: Solid build. Not as butch as XUV or not overstyled like Creta. Decent sutle styling. 210 ground clearance was amazing

Interior: Great quality. Nice carbon finishing. Steering as big as TUV. Road view is 20% less than TUV. Seating position could improve, when I adjusted to my style of driving my head almost touched the top. Loaded with features.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20190531_163810min.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks