Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2020, 20:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Being re-evaluated as a CBU, under the 2,500 vehicle exemption rule.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-launch-416708
My understanding is that the Patrol would have been exempt from homologation (even without the recent 2,500 CBU per OEM ruling) as it had a petrol engine with displacement greater than 3L, and in a relatively loaded variant was worth more than 40k USD (FOB value), much like a LC200 or M/AMG car.

Maybe re-evaluated for launch in India, but I don't think reason is recent relaxation in homologation requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Copying the DGFT Import conditions or rather the conditions for homologation exemption. And upto 2500 units of CBU have been permitted without homologation, in a year, for Car Manufacturers.

Import of new vehicles having an FOB value of US $ 40,000 or more and
engine capacity of more than 3000cc for petrol run vehicle and more than 2500cc for diesel run vehicles by (a) Individuals, (b) Companies and firms or (c) OEMs(Original Equipment Manufacturers- who have manufacturing and service network in India) will be exempt from the conditions at Sl. No. 2(II)(a)(iv) (be imported from the country of manufacture.) and 2(II)(c) above. However, at the time of Customs clearance, a Type Approval Certificate / COP of an international accredited agency from the country of origin or an EC Type Approval Certificate / Certificate of COP, of an accredited agency from any member state of EU, including a notarized English translation thereof, shall be furnished. This Type Approval shall stipulate that the vehicle to be imported complies with all the ECE Regulations for the complete vehicle. The accredited agencies have been notified vide Policy Circular No. 12 (RE-2013)/2009-14 dated 15/01/2014.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 20:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Same as Landcruiser 200, They may not be expecting double digit sales.

If I remember correctly, Toyota Prado was initially launched with a petrol engine and Toyota was forced to withdraw it.

If they can bring Patrol, why not Murano, Xterra or Pathfinder ? I don't understand their strategy.
I'm surprised no one here talks about the Qashqai; it's pretty popular in Europe from what I saw. It could have been Creta/Seltos competitor.

Name:  qash.png
Views: 4013
Size:  374.4 KB
panamera13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 21:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
I'm surprised no one here talks about the Qashqai; it's pretty popular in Europe from what I saw. It could have been Creta/Seltos competitor.
As far as I know, atleast in the UK, the Qashqai competes with the Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage and Mazda CX5.

It’s a size bigger than the Seltos/Creta.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 06:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

Guys, apart from "Nissan" Prefix, there is nothing common between Patrol & Qashqai. So let’s keep the thread uncluttered.

Nissan would have been a different company if they had kept their offerings refreshed here. But I won’t fault them entirely, India is a very different market. Everyone needs an anchor CKD model at least to stay in business. Nissan should have invested much more many years ago.

I don’t think; any new CBU launches will do any good for them now.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st March 2020 at 07:10.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 15:29   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Interior and Exterior Walkaround.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 05:20   #21
BHPian

Good move I say. Now they can at least compete with Toyota. Right now for Nissan, competition is nil. If this clicks Nissan can bring in its splendid rides to compete to the likes of Velfire, Carnival etc. At least they wouldn't quit Indian market. It's really sad seeing brands closing shops and leaving.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 14:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Being re-evaluated as a CBU, under the 2,500 vehicle exemption rule
With this pricing, it is as good as dead even before arrival, not to mention the horrible looks! For me, and I am sure many of us, the legendary Patrol will continue to be what it was in its earlier generations...
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-patrol.jpg  

Old 27th March 2021, 15:29   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Nissan Patrol Nismo teaser, to debut on March 31. The facelifted Patrol gets its performance upgrade for Middle East buyers

2022 Nissan Patrol Nismo starts reaching dealerships in UAE

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-smartselect_20210327152427_chrome.jpg

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-smartselect_20210327152435_chrome.jpg

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-smartselect_20210327152443_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th March 2021 at 15:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 21:46   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Nissan Patrol Nismo has been revealed exclusively for the Middle East. It is based on the standard Patrol.

Nissan Patrol Nismo is powered by the same naturally aspirated 5.6-liter V8 engine. It produces identical 428 hp, but peak torque has gone slightly down from 565 to 560 Nm.

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-2021nissanpatrolnismo1.jpg

Gets 22-inch wheels and a factory Bilstein suspension upgrade. Formula E-style centre-mounted LED stoplight.

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-2021nissanpatrolnismo2.jpg

2021 Nissan Patrol Nismo gets unique front bumper that gets a larger centre intake, and the rear bumper with faux diffusers and a . Additionally, it also gets a new honeycomb grille with multiple blacked-out bits instead of the chrome trim seen on the standard Patrol. It also gets sporty side skirts with red and black accents on the sides

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-2021nissanpatrolnismo3.jpg

On the inside, it gets red and black seats with Nismo badging, and faux carbon fibre trim on the dashboard and centre console. It comes with dual 8.0-inch touchscreens for infotainment and HVAC control and wireless charging.

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-2021nissanpatrolnismo4.jpg

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-2021nissanpatrolnismo5.jpg

Official Launch

TVC

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st March 2021 at 21:48.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 12:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

I don't know how true this is, a local newspaper has reported Nissan will be launching Patrol in India soon. this seem to have been communicated by Rakesh Shrivastav.

Rumour: Nissan Patrol SUV coming to India-patrol.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks