Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 17:25   #1
Team-BHP Support

2015 Renault Duster gets additional features

Renault has given the two-wheel drive Duster SUV some additional features for 2015, some of which have been carried over from the AWD version of the car.

While the exterior of the Duster is unchanged, the interior has been given some updates. There is a soft touch dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a new multi information display with service reminders and a gearshift indicator and an arm rest. The Duster also gets an ECO mode feature, cruise control and speed limiter, new steering column and a speed-sensitive door lock. The fabric upholstery is new and better noise insulation.

The Duster continues to use the same 1.5-litre diesel engine in 108 bhp and 84 bhp guises as the outgoing model. Renault claims that it has tweaked it for improved fuel efficiency. The 108 bhp version delivers an average of 19.64 kpl, while the 84 bhp variant returns 19.87 kpl. The 1.6-litre, 103 bhp petrol engine has also been carried over from the old car.

Prices for the 2015 Duster range start at Rs. 8.30 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

2015 Renault Duster gets additional features-2015-duster.jpg
Aditya is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 18:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Renault Duster gets additional features

I reckon these updates are actual features on the coming Lodgy. Renault has smartly gone ahead and given the Duster an upgrade of all those from the Lodgy.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 20:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

No word on the facelift?

Wonder why global companies like Renault dilly-dally so much on such minor matters. Nearly all of the rumoured changes are cosmetic plug and play things like headlights, front grill, rear lights, roof rails etc.

Overall shows a lackadaisical attitude to the India markets. They can convert MANY more buyers by adding some pizazz to the Duster.

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th March 2015 at 20:19. Reason: Grammar
Old 13th March 2015, 10:24   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Overall shows a lackadaisical attitude to the India markets. They can convert MANY more buyers by adding some pizazz to the Duster.
While I agree with your point that the Duster needs cosmetic updates, especially since it was an old design to start with, the 2015 updates are quite substantial (compared to the usual headlamp & tail-lamp stuff that manufacturers dish out).

You get a dash with better materials, a useful driver armrest, an MID with service reminders, ECO mode, cruise control and beefed up sound insulation (hope it solves the excessive wind noise problem over 100 kph). The FE has apparently improved too.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 10:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Renault has given the two-wheel drive Duster SUV some additional features for 2015, some of which have been carried over from the AWD version of the car.

While the exterior of the Duster is unchanged, the interior has been given some updates. There is a soft touch dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a new multi information display with service reminders and a gearshift indicator and an arm rest. The Duster also gets an ECO mode feature, cruise control and speed limiter, new steering column and a speed-sensitive door lock. The fabric upholstery is new and better noise insulation.

Attachment 1349012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

You get a dash with better materials, a useful driver armrest, an MID with service reminders, ECO mode, cruise control and beefed up sound insulation (hope it solves the excessive wind noise problem over 100 kph). .
Thanks Aditya and GTO.

Any idea about what of these features can be accommodated into the existing duster. The driver armrest and sound insulation are something that I will love to have. I hate that after market armrest.

When I went to get my Duster serviced in January, I saw one new duster with extra insulation and I inquired about it. The service adviser told me its not possible to get that fitted in to the older ones.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:

The Duster continues to use the same 1.5-litre diesel engine in 108 bhp and 84 bhp guises as the outgoing model. Renault claims that it has tweaked it for improved fuel efficiency. The 108 bhp version delivers an average of 19.64 kpl, while the 84 bhp variant returns 19.87 kpl. The 1.6-litre, 103 bhp petrol engine has also been carried over from the old car.

Attachment 1349012
As an owner of 110 BHP RXL, i find couple of the updates as way to go.

Firstly, the driver arm rest is essential for long rides, i have fitted the universal Arm Rest and it does a pretty decent job.

Cruise Control is another useful feature for long highway hauling and so are the speed sensitive door locking mechanism.

I would not have a bone to pay some extra bucks and see if the option of getting the speed sensor door locks and the extra beading's for noise insulation on the front and rear doors retrofitted in my 2014 model.

Aditya the portion i have marked in Bold is something which looks fishy as there is a significant mileage difference between the 85 & 110 BHP Models and was it part of some official release ?

Last edited by soumobakshi : 13th March 2015 at 12:13.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 12:40   #7
BANNED

Which trim onwards does the new Duster get Cruise Control ?
Old 13th March 2015, 13:32   #8
BANNED

Understand that the 108bhp engine of the AWD with reduced turbo lag will also find it's way into the non-AWD Duster.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 12:20   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
When I went to get my Duster serviced in January, I saw one new duster with extra insulation and I inquired about it. The service adviser told me its not possible to get that fitted in to the older ones.
You can invest in damping - related thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Aditya the portion i have marked in Bold is something which looks fishy as there is a significant mileage difference between the 85 & 110 BHP Models and was it part of some official release ?
Reconfirmed, they are correct (sourced directly from Renault).

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Which trim onwards does the new Duster get Cruise Control ?
Cruise control, ECO mode & driver armrest only on the RxZ.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 22:15   #10

The duster awd does not have the arm rest for the driver. Will this now happen?
Old 14th April 2015, 23:16   #11
BHPian

With the Duster 110PS, 2WD now generating 245NM of torque, 500 revs lower at 1750rpm, identical to the AWD, I wonder if that takes care of the infamous turbo lag? Logically, it should. However, the Official Review of the Lodgy 110PS (also running the same engine tune) does mention of lag being present .

Can anyone please confirm? Can any fellow-bhpian who has either driven or owns the 2015 Version of the Duster 110 PS 2WD RXZ/L throw some light on this?
Old 15th April 2015, 08:54   #12
BHPian

Welcome changes.
Had taken a TD of the new generation Duster the day it hit the showrooms. The changes in the cabin are welcome and the instrument cluster now standardized with other models like the Lodgy gives a much better feel and utility.
What impressed me most were two aspects. The first being the improved noise insulation in the cabin, which is definitely a great plus and me lady who was in the co-driver seat was really impressed too.
The second aspect aspect which i felt does not get mention anywhere was the reduced turbo lag. At least i felt there was reduced lag and the sales guy mentioned the there had been tuning to engine as well as some gear ratio changes . Could not support by any data so am not sure.
BTW had TD all three, 110 PS, 85 PS and 110 AWD. Had traveled more than 100 kms for this TD and was really appreciative of the sales rep and his patience.

Last edited by nkghai : 15th April 2015 at 09:12.
Old 15th April 2015, 10:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Prices for the 2015 Duster range start at Rs. 8.30 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Attachment 1349012
This is where there is some confusion.
The new generation duster website shows prices starting at 7.99 Lakhs. Pl see this link
https://www.renault.co.in/vehicles/p...ionduster.html
But the rest of the site is silent on variant and prices of various models. The same has yet to be updated.
Old 17th June 2015, 09:32   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope Renault is working proactively on a strategy to combat the S-Cross and Creta. If they are sensibly priced along with their more powerful engines and/or have ABS as standard in all models, Renault is going to face a major sales slump.

Frankly, they should have added face lifted exteriors to the 2015 model. It simply looks too staid and under-equipped now especially with the impending Creta.

Even with discounts of up to 40k on even the base variants, sales are on a clear downward trend.
Old 17th June 2015, 09:49   #15
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Cruise Control is another useful feature for long highway hauling and so are the speed sensitive door locking mechanism.
Quote:
The Duster also gets an ECO mode feature, cruise control and speed limiter, new steering column and a speed-sensitive door lock.
What exactly is the "speed-sensitive" door locking mechanism ? How does it work and how is it useful ?
Appreciate if someone can explain this feature
Is it the auto locking of all doors when the vehicle starts moving from standstill position ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks