Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 06:46   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac View Post
If they went on to change the side profile they would be investing in two new Body side panels, which do not come cheap, trust me.
And willingness to do so, my friend, could very well be the difference between success and failure.

Most consider Storme as a facelifted Safari, the Bolt as the facelifted Vista. And see their sales numbers vis-a-vis competition. Tata carries a huge baggage of negative perception (have owned a Manza till recent, so i understand). None of their half-baked efforts in the past have worked. If they cannot go the full distance, they well as might stop trying.
sachinayak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 10:25   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
And willingness to do so, my friend, could very well be the difference between success and failure.

Most consider Storme as a facelifted Safari, the Bolt as the facelifted Vista. And see their sales numbers vis-a-vis competition. Tata carries a huge baggage of negative perception (have owned a Manza till recent, so i understand). None of their half-baked efforts in the past have worked. If they cannot go the full distance, they well as might stop trying.
Very well put! The customer is least bothered about the cost that is incurred to Tata or any manufacturer. When you are working on improving Aria, you know very well that no face lift is going to help it. I think face lift has helped only Verna, and what a game changer was that with the fluidic design. Rarely has a car recovered after being a dud in the market with minor face lifts. They need to go the distance if they want sales with Hexa.
Old 18th March 2015, 12:40   #123
BHPian

Looks more like a production model rather than a concept vehicle. I hope this get launched in 2015. I hope the lessons learnt from the failure of the Aria are implemented.

Will Tata be able to break into the Innova strong hold?
Old 18th March 2015, 21:34   #124
BHPian

Features include:
  • All New 2.2L VARICOR 400 engine with Maximum Output of 115 kW
  • 4WD option
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP)  Powerful Projector Lamps
  • Tail Lamps with Dynamic LED position Lamps
  • Large 19” tyres
  • 6-Seat Configuration with Captain seats
  • Longest Cabin in its Class
  • LED illumination for Ambient Mood Lighting
  • Luxurious Leather seats with Twin-needle stitching
  • 6 Airbags including Side and Curtain Airbags
  • Automatic Headlamps and Rain Sensing Wipers

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-2.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-4.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-10.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-1.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 18th March 2015 at 21:44.
damager21 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 12:15   #125
BHPian

Another video of Hexa showing the interiors in great detail.
damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 15:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post

No offence but personally I like the longer version both in terms of aesthetics and utility over the PS rendering you have done, If I need 2 rows of Seat Safari / Storme gives me everything for 3rd row to be functional length is required.

The only problem with Aria was it's meek inflated Indica look , Kind of Wolf in Sheep's clothing , Hexa improves upon that short coming
amitk26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 15:39   #127
BHPian

The beautiful advertisement itself can sell a good number of these. But knowing TATA, i doubt if this car will ever see the light of the day. C'mon TATA - you have a killer on your hands with this concept. Spend no time in bringing it to market. And for God's sake price it sanely!
Old 26th March 2015, 20:38   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
No offence but personally I like the longer version both in terms of aesthetics and utility over the PS rendering you have done, If I need 2 rows of Seat Safari / Storme gives me everything for 3rd row to be functional length is required.

The only problem with Aria was it's meek inflated Indica look , Kind of Wolf in Sheep's clothing , Hexa improves upon that short coming
Well, design is subjective. Some love it, some like it, some dislike it, some hate it. To each his own. So with you on this.

The big problem for Tata Motors is that Aria has been a big flop. And hardly any company has been able to turnaround a flop. For the Hexa to fare better (in terms of sales) it needs to be visually very different from the Aria. Else everyone knows where it is heading.

What i tried to do was bring in that visual differentiation. Tata Motors indeed brought in an completely reworked front and rear, and both are great efforts. But the side profile is a distinct giveaway and still is a MUV not a SUV.

If reducing the length slightly, can make it feel more like an SUV, why not? Especially in a nation like ours where SUVs definitely would draw larger profit margins. Does not mean the last row of seats need to be sacrificed, could be the boot space, slight reduction in middle row-seat space, or better space utilization.

Tata Motors - a sincere request, please do not make half baked efforts on design. A Safari --> Storme type reskinning will not do the trick for you.

Last edited by sachinayak : 26th March 2015 at 20:40.
Old 24th April 2015, 16:01   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI article. Tata Hexa to get a 6 Speed AT Gearbox also

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-394629.aspx/0
Old 25th April 2015, 18:26   #130

Why does the bonnet look like an industrial garbage bin lid? Fail!!
Old 25th April 2015, 18:41   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
ACI article. Tata Hexa to get a 6 Speed AT Gearbox also

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-394629.aspx/0
The article says the Hexa is an all new vehicle. I can't digest that. It looks so similar to the Aria from the side profile.
Old 25th April 2015, 19:02   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The article says the Hexa is an all new vehicle. I can't digest that. It looks so similar to the Aria from the side profile.
If we can digest all new swift which looks like old swift then why not hexa?
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 07:25   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
If we can digest all new swift which looks like old swift then why not hexa?

The old Swift was a massive success. Keeping the "all new" Swift similar to the old one only helped build upon this success.

The Aria has been a massive failure. No second thoughts about it. Hence you need to shake off any similarity.

See what happened to the Vista (similar to Indica) or Storme (similar to the Safari Dicor). If the resemblance to Aria remain, people will not even bother visiting a showroom to check it out.

If they relaunch the Aria, but with different name and a completely restyled body, even that perhaps would have a better chance of clicking.
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 08:03   #134
Senior - BHPian

Tata might have thought that they are trying to do something new blending van and SUV looks. Hasn't been successful and still continuing the same. The same thing happened to Mahindra's Xylo.
Old 6th May 2015, 15:16   #135
BHPian

Indian Autos Blog says: A report last month claimed that the Tata Hexa will be given 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions, a first on a Tata Motors’ passenger vehicle. Gaadi.com now reports that the 6-speed automatic transmission will be sourced from GMPT (General Motors Powertrain), a GM-owned company

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/t...#ixzz3ZLl3Acwu
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed