Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 11:11   #391
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

No camera angles playing spoilsport here. From what I understand from the images, the proportions are more Dodge Journey than Dodge Durango.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 11:26   #392
BHPian

Interiors looks class ahead of Innova, decent looking car, reminds me of the mobilio from the side (a good thing), wish the bonnet was a bit longer though, hopefully this will look better in real world, btw why is everyone comparing this to XUV ? I see this as an Innova killer, not xuv.
Old 15th October 2015, 16:03   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Perfect XUV challenger.

It only gives more choice to customers, those looking for sporty and aggressive looks have the XUV and those looking or clean lines might like the way Hexa looks.
Spot on raj. Tata finally has a product to compete with the XUV. Besides the looks, Hexa is actually more practical in terms of interior space than the the XUV. You can actually fit some luggage behind the third row of the Hexa. Only problem I see is that Tata has as usual omitted any useful cubby holes in the center console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Big problem with tata in the past is their cars dont age that well. In just couple of years the cars(Even the vista) appear old, noisy and rough. I am sure the new breed of cars have taken the game to next level
The current crop of cars are light years ahead of the Indica and Vista days. I have a Tata Bolt which I bought for the office and it is a fantastic car. If you sat inside with the Tata emblems covered, one would never guess it is a Tata product.

Assuming Tata doesn't price it way above the Innova VX version, I think Hexa has the potential to succeed.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 17:04   #394
BHPian

What happened to the much-touted automatic transmission? Is that coming or not?

And is it that difficult for car manufacturers in India to design a third-row seat that actually folds flat and flush to the floor?
Pacifica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 00:07   #395
Senior - BHPian

Nice design, fit and finish! Seems timeless!

TML is coming of age, certainly! Would the next decade belong to them, in India? Not sure, but certainly they are taking it seriously!!
Old 16th October 2015, 23:08   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
No camera angles playing spoilsport here. From what I understand from the images, the proportions are more Dodge Journey than Dodge Durango.
You are right. The Hexa very closely resembles the Dodge Journey. Infact, I think the design team in Tata drew inspiration from the Dodge Journey. Here are some pics for comparison and you will agree to some extent.

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexa01.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-2011_dodge_journey_crew__2011_dc.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-2014dodgejourneycrossroads41.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-2.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-step0001.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-1024x768silverdodgejourneyrear2010.jpg
karthick_b is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:59   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
You are right. The Hexa very closely resembles the Dodge Journey. Infact, I think the design team in Tata drew inspiration from the Dodge Journey. Here are some pics for comparison and you will agree to some extent.
Spot on!! Now that we have both pics together Hexa does look 'inspired' by the Dodge. That apart it does have Landrover inspired bits especially that adaptive terrain suspension and some other look and feel bits.
I do wish Tata ups the game and launches it with a 3 liter engine in addition to the boosted 2.2 mill. Would help us choose between the Hexa and the upcoming Endevour and the Fortuner if need be. And they could launch with an auto transmission option to help target the larger market. May be launch with a base 2.2 manual, a 2.2 auto a 3 liter manual and the 3 liter auto with a total of 6/7 versions pricing it slightly under the XUV and the range topping 3 liter to slightly above highest version of Innova.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:57   #398
BHPian

Nice! Loved the looks and the interiors are cool! They have really taken it to the next level. Happy to see Tata really working on improving their quality with each vehicle they are launching. The progress is clearly visible from Zest, Bolt and now this. I think the only things left for them to do is to do a complete refresh of their service centers and have a separate service centers for commercial vehicles and passenger vehicles similar to what Mahindra has done for XUV. These service centers take away the fun part from the complete ownership experience.

XUV and Innova will have some competition now. All that is missing to make it a market leader is an Auto Box!
Old 9th November 2015, 20:14   #399
BHPian

Guys,

I have a few friends who work for the planning and ERC department in Tata motors. insider news from them is that the Hexa will come out next year, post the Kite Hatch is launched.

Also, most likely, Hexa will replace the Aria. Manufacturing will be split between Pune and Dharwad factories. Hexa will also have the next version of the HorizonNext infotainment system, which will be an upgrade from the current version being offered in Tata Cars.
archangelvishal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 11:53   #400
Senior - BHPian

I thought they make only commercial vehicles at Dharwad facility
Old 10th November 2015, 11:57   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelvishal View Post
Guys,

I have a few friends who work for the planning and ERC department in Tata motors. insider news from them is that the Hexa will come out next year, post the Kite Hatch is launched.
A sales person here in Concorde said June 2016! Typical TATA, bit too late to enter competition.
Old 10th November 2015, 13:27   #402
BHPian

Sourabhzen,

it may not be as last as June 2016. The test mules have undergone an extreme amount of testing already. since the silhouette matches Aria/Storme, people generally tend to ignore the test vehicle.

friends tell me that the Hexa is ready to enter production anytime now. However, the focus currently is on Kite, which is evident from the teaser advt featuring Lionel Messi. the Kite is very important for Tata as they plan to replace the Indica/Indigo badge with the Kite HB and CS models.
archangelvishal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 20:32   #403
Senior - BHPian

More Test Mule Pics (seems rather irrelevant considering the car has been unveiled in Motor Shows, but Tata seems to disguise them all the same)

Clicked during the pitch dark descent from Lavasa last weekend, a regular Aria followed by this Mule.
As if to test the handling abilities the car was doing serious speeds along ghat roads
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-img_0583.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-img_0585.jpg  

GeeTee TSI is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 14:30   #404
Team-BHP Support

What about competition from the Honda BRV? It's an MUV turned SUV'ish design as well, can seat seven and will be priced in a similar range. Mobilio is to BRV what Aria is to Hexa, and as we know- Mobilio has way better sales than Aria even though both can be considered as flop cars.

And the Indian market would give huge preference to the Honda badge over a TATA.

I feel Hexa would be miles ahead in engineering, features and build though. But it will have to give a very tough fight to XUV, BRV and Creta to pull some sales from any of these opponents.

Too little, too late perhaps?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th November 2015 at 14:36.
Old 11th November 2015, 14:47   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What about competition from the Honda BRV? It's an MUV turned SUV'ish design as well, can seat seven and will be priced in a similar range. Mobilio is to BRV what Aria is to Hexa, and as we know- Mobilio has way better sales than Aria even though both can be considered as flop cars.

And the Indian market would give huge preference to the Honda badge over a TATA.
Aren't the construction of the Honda BRV from Mobilio and Aria turned Hexa different? The common thing is the 7 seater apart from it, they are different.

Quote:
I feel Hexa would be miles ahead in engineering, features and build though. But it will have to give a very tough fight to XUV, BRV and Creta to pull some sales from any of these opponents.
Whatever better engineering, build, features doesn't matter, it will not sell in good numbers as most people exclude it from their radar during purchase citing the badge. It will like Aria find far fewer homes as compared to Creta, XUV, BRV or whatever V the market has. But TATA brings it out to add one more choice to the customer which is good.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks