Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2015, 22:41   #181
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

I have been a big Tata brand fan myself and I wanted to see Tata Motors succeed just like their other group companies like TCS, Tata Steel etc have. But I'm pained to see the state TM is in right now. Month after month they are hitting new lows.

I think they should quit car making or at least take a 10 year hiatus, whereby the present generation forgets what TM was. Then launch TM with a big bang and good quality cars with smashing looks. And this time for heavens sake, "befriend" press.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 23:56   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
My Father in law was mentioning to me today,..

But, he was impressed and said that that vehicle would sell. I asked him whether he saw a Safari or an Aria, but he said no. I showed him the photos of the Hexa, from this thread and he said that th Bhpians from Thrissur, can you check if this is true?
Maybe they are enroute Guruvayur for tbe blessings.

Jokes aside, Zest is the best in its class and, as a matter of fact, Innova is the benchmark in its class. But I do believe the Hexa would succeed.

Last edited by simplyself : 6th June 2015 at 23:57.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:56   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
Irony! Can't you?

Nostradamus is long dead, so is Octopus Paul. Now who predicted that? Oh wait, it's the ATB (Anti TATA brigade).
Dear wheeledsoul, tata has to bring the game to customers in a manner by which they have greater chance to be successful not the other way around, I think you need to get your thoughts on market acceptance sorted out, one can definetly see the writing on the wall , if you consider this as anti tata you are doing what the rest of tata motors may be doing , taking any view which goes against their product as anti tata, anyway dream on... Nostradamus wont mind that
Old 8th June 2015, 16:17   #184
BHPian

Seems like it has gone under the knife and the output seems good.

This might be the first one in the category to have 6 captain seats, which would be interesting. 3rd row seat is always one point that is complained.

Hopefully this should take out that complaint.

Source: http://www.cartoq.com/tata-hexa-cros...-need-to-know/

thanks

Last edited by zaveed : 8th June 2015 at 16:18.
Old 8th June 2015, 17:50   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
market acceptance
That term, in most other countries will have some sensible meaning, but not here. Here you see players who don't compromise on their products' strength lose out to those who are more flexible and willing to do anything to make money. This is also where once you fail, people never give you a second chance. Just think about it - Aria was a very good product, no doubt. It was priced high, so people never bought it, but then why don't people buy it when prices are adjusted? Because by then everyone has formed their <sarcasm> expert opinions </sarcasm>, which is in great supply here.

Yesterday I ran into one of my neighbors at the Tata camp and when I told him I am waiting for the revision of Tata Aria, the first thing he said was that it is a "waste car" and get an XUV. I know very well he is not an expert in cars and suspect he has never driven an Aria or XUV. Frankly, I feel like puking when I see XUV 500. But then I am supposed to keep that to myself. But people hardly do that, do they?
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 19:47   #186
Senior - BHPian

the hexa will click .. given the right pricing it can click and dig a grave for the xylo and xuv. And with some luck even the forthcoming Innova as the Toyota are bound to price it out of the park.
Old 8th June 2015, 19:54   #187
Senior - BHPian

Actually with the center bench, the Aria is called a 7 seater. So with middle row captain seats, wil it not then be a 6 seater and not a 7 seater anymore?

Same for Innova with the captain seats in the middle row. Its actually a 6 seater and not a 7 seater. Wonder how they can continue to officially sell it as a 7 seater.

That said the captain seats are hugely comfortable. And the gap in the middle makes a big difference to the cooped up claustrophobic feeling kids get in the last row (even though they jump over the top of the seat back).
Old 8th June 2015, 21:43   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Actually with the center bench, the Aria is called a 7 seater. So with middle row captain seats, wil it not then be a 6 seater and not a 7 seater anymore?

Same for Innova with the captain seats in the middle row. Its actually a 6 seater and not a 7 seater. Wonder how they can continue to officially sell it as a 7 seater.

That said the captain seats are hugely comfortable. And the gap in the middle makes a big difference to the cooped up claustrophobic feeling kids get in the last row (even though they jump over the top of the seat back).
In 7-seater versions only the first two rows have captain seats. The third row is a bench hence a 7 seater (bench is supposed to accommodate 3).

2+2+3=7.

I think in the Hexa all three rows may have captain seats hence a 6-seater.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 21:43   #189
BHPian

' Just think about it - Aria was a very good product '

Guess people refuse to acknowledge or simply have not read the tata aria ownership threads on this forum ..

And yes market perceptions form and are difficult to change, not with this halfhearted attempt for sure
Old 9th June 2015, 10:46   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
In 7-seater versions only the first two rows have captain seats. The third row is a bench hence a 7 seater (bench is supposed to accommodate 3).

2+2+3=7.

I think in the Hexa all three rows may have captain seats hence a 6-seater.
The 3rd row in Innova, afaik, as well as that in the Aria and XUV, are two separate seats side by side, and not a single bench. If you've noticed in the Innova, each can be folded and swiveled away to the side wall when you want to load luggage. Same as in the old Pajero. Don't think the Aria or XUV have that option though.
Old 9th June 2015, 11:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
The 3rd row in Innova, afaik, as well as that in the Aria and XUV, are two separate seats side by side, and not a single bench. If you've noticed in the Innova, each can be folded and swiveled away to the side wall when you want to load luggage. Same as in the old Pajero. Don't think the Aria or XUV have that option though.
In Innova the 3rd row is a bench which splits 50-50 and does accommodate 3 moderately built people. I have the 7 seater Innova since last 2 years.

No idea about Aria or XUV.
Old 9th June 2015, 11:43   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Innova the 3rd row is a bench which splits 50-50 and does accommodate 3 moderately built people. I have the 7 seater Innova since last 2 years.

No idea about Aria or XUV.
I know you can fit 3 kids on to the 3rd row of the Innova, or even small sized adults. But my point was that its actually two seats put together to make a "bench". Very different from the 60:40 split benches of the middle row.

This is the same as what they have done in the XUV and the Aria. The difference there I think is that the wheel well does intrude into the cabin and so the resultant "bench" is probably less in overall width.

But the concept (and hence my question about the legalities/terminology) remains the same - 2 seats making a single unit. Hence a 2 seater, not 3.

In a 60:40 split, two people are seated properly on one side of the split, and a single person on the other.

In this case (50:50) to make 3 people sit, the middle person will be seated over the split.
Old 9th June 2015, 12:01   #193
BHPian

Quote:
I know you can fit 3 kids on to the 3rd row of the Innova, or even small sized adults. But my point was that its actually two seats put together to make a "bench". Very different from the 60:40 split benches of the middle row.

In this case (50:50) to make 3 people sit, the middle person will be seated over the split.
Whether two seats are put together to make a bench or 3 seats doesn't matter. What matters is how many can sit. That's the reason for classification.

Now coming to the split part, if you ask somebody to sit on the split and you blindfold him he won't even realize that he is sitting over the split. It's that comfortable doc, believe me.

Many times it happens that when we are 5 of us travelling the third person actually prefers to sit "on the split". It's comfortable and the person can actually extend his/her legs longer than on each sides. The split provides flexibility in luggage carrying.

Hope I was able to make you understand. You can sit and try for yourself.

Regards.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 12:17   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whether two seats are put together to make a bench or 3 seats doesn't matter. What matters is how many can sit. That's the reason for classification.

Now coming to the split part, if you ask somebody to sit on the split and you blindfold him he won't even realize that he is sitting over the split. It's that comfortable doc, believe me.

Many times it happens that when we are 5 of us travelling the third person actually prefers to sit "on the split". It's comfortable and the person can actually extend his/her legs longer than on each sides. The split provides flexibility in luggage carrying.

Hope I was able to make you understand. You can sit and try for yourself.

Regards.
I agree to all you are saying bro. I love the Innova for its internal layout and flexibility and creature comforts. There is no better vehicle I would prefer for a relaxed Mumbai Pune airport run. I was merely wondering at the classification bit from a regulatory standpoint. And how its done. Is there a standard bum width demographically arrived at to calculate seat real estate and come to seating capacity? Like they have regulatory norms for lifts in terms of max load (kilos as well as number of persons) which is to be displayed clearly. Hope you get what I'm trying to get at.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 12:36   #195
BHPian

Quote:
It does matter, if the 3rd row is of 2 equal sized seats, then with the captain seats it is only a 6 seater. Pls. count the no. of seat belts in your vehicle.I guess, it is mandatory that every person in the vehicle to be provided with a seat belt as basic safety system. Carrying additional person or deciding to sit in middle and not wear seat belt is compromising on the safety and is at your own risk.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2015 at 12:41. Reason: Removed bulk quote and formatted post
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks