Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 14:02   #211
BHPian

re: Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
. I will believe these ratings once the official test results are out for the Indian version.
I believe @amalji statement is based on Etios testing by Global NCAP. Toyota India asked Global NCAP to do testing of Etios manufactured in India and it scored 4 stars. So it would be safe to assume that Toyota will try to maintain at least 4 stars for Vios.

Reference: http://www.globalncap.org/toyotaetios2016/
Simhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:52   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
I wonder what are these fine details that you are tallying with the Indian version? As there exists no Indian version I am confused by your statement. It has been seen again and again that Indian cars are built to different safety standards than the international counterparts. I will believe these ratings once the official test results are out for the Indian version.
As clearly mentioned in my post, Etios made for India and made for overseas countries were crash tested separately and both achieved the same ratings.

Please refer http://www.globalncap.org/toyotaetios2016/ for more details on the crash test conducted on the Indian version. Do a google search to find out the crash test done on the same vehicle made for another country. Let me know, if you figure out any single difference in terms of structural integrity or adult/child safety protection. There is a pdf document which explains the minute details of the test. Go through it.

For me, it talks a lot about brand - Toyota and the importance they give to safety. And I would expect the manufacturer to follow the same standards when vios is released in India.

Last edited by amalji : 22nd December 2017 at 16:03.
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 22:42   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I believe @amalji statement is based on Etios testing by Global NCAP. Toyota India asked Global NCAP to do testing of Etios manufactured in India and it scored 4 stars. So it would be safe to assume that Toyota will try to maintain at least 4 stars for Vios.

Reference: http://www.globalncap.org/toyotaetios2016/
Thanks for the link. It clearly shows that Indian Etios with 2 airbags and seat-belt pretensioner was tested by global ncap for a frontal crash at 64kmph. The picture shows an Etios Liva, but I am assuming the result to be the same for the Etios sedan and the Liva Cross. The score was 4 stars for adult occupants (but not so satisfactory 2 stars for child occupants in rear seat).

In fact if one looks under "Results" from the top menu, one can find all global ncap results for indian cars. The VW Polo with 2 airbags also scored 4 stars for adult occupants and marginally better 3 stars for child occupants in the rear seat. All cars without airbags score zero for a frontal crash.

It may not be a coincidence after all that Toyota and VW are the two largest car makers globally, despite the recent trouble with diesel emissions for VW.
asitkde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 03:49   #214
BHPian

The model tested is designed for Singapore and Thailand and comes with seven airbags, ABS, electronic stability control and Isofix child seat mounts.

This is a good looking product from Toyota and I wish they do not dilute on safety for cost cutting. Toyota has a genuine fan following in India, a slight premium for 7 airbags should be manageable over the competition.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 23rd December 2017 at 03:51.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 09:09   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
The model tested is designed for Singapore and Thailand and comes with seven airbags, ABS, electronic stability control and Isofix child seat mounts.

This is a good looking product from Toyota and I wish they do not dilute on safety for cost cutting.
They have not done that with cars like the Corolla or Camry. If they follow the same for Vios, it should get to India with similar specifications. Unlike Honda, Toyota have not gone too far with the 'made for India' products; moving away from the Etios/Liva experiment will be relatively easy.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:56   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
The score was 4 stars for adult occupants (but not so satisfactory 2 stars for child occupants in rear seat).
The latest Etios with isofix mounts and toyota recommended child seats scored 4 stars for adult protection and 3 stars for child occupants ( up from 2 ) in the crash test conducted in November 2017. Reference link here

Last edited by amalji : 2nd January 2018 at 18:57.
Old 9th January 2018, 12:05   #217
BHPian

The Vios will be launched in India with the Yaris moniker. Initially only petrol model will be launched. There will be three trims on offer and automatic will be offered on all the three trims. Most likely will be unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018. Likely to be priced at par with the Honda City or even slightly higher (for the range topping model)

The decision to name it as Yaris was taken so as to build the brand name as in the future Toyota intends to bring the Yaris hatch as well to India.

The above inputs received from a trusted & Reliable Industry Insider.

Last edited by MadAbtCars : 9th January 2018 at 12:19.
MadAbtCars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:07   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
The Vios will be launched in India with the Yaris moniker.
Here is the thread for that,

Link

And the Yaris plans,

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th January 2018 at 12:11.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 18:24   #219
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ

So is this going to be the new car?

http://www.toyotaautoexpo.co.in
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-screen-shot-20180204-6.23.38-pm.png  

Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 00:18   #220
BHPian

If toyota gives a good automatic gearbox with the Petrol then it would be a worthy competitor to the city automatic which is ruling the segment. Toyota reliability is always more than Honda and that would count. Being a Crysta and Jazz owner for last couple of years I would put my bet on toyota for the reliability and build quality.
Old 5th February 2018, 13:45   #221
BHPian

Good to hear that Toyota is launching a new sedan in India. Wish they also bring the all new Toyota Rush to India very soon. I am looking for an upgrade to my Etios Liva but more interested in the Toyota Rush than the sedan. Having driven the Liva for 6.5 years for around 50k KM, didn't want to look beyond Toyota Brand.
DImPo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 18:57   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest teaser image almost shows the entire front:

Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-toyotayarissedanteasedagaininindiaaheadofautoexpodebut1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks