Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 08:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught testing undisguised pics - pg 6

I spotted this Trailblazer test mule in Mumbai yesterday. The front is unmistakably Chevy - left no doubt about manufacturer after I saw its grill!

The car was weaving in and out of traffic quite quickly. It was effortlessly filling gaps in traffic. Road presence is adequate. Looks too are well proportioned and mature. My first impression on its looks is quite good. If priced properly, this could be a good alternative to Fortuner! It had LED tail lamps and projector headlights. I couldn't have a good look at the interiors due to darkness.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img_3558.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img_3561.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img_3569.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img_3570.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img_3572.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img_3579.jpg  

AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught testing undisguised pics - pg 6

So. According to Autocar review of the Trailblazer as seen on their tv show, the Trailblazer will blaze our roads in 2wd only. No 4wd.
They also mentioned that it will cost around 30 lakhs. I guess they meant ex showroom prices since they were not specific.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
According to Autocar .They also mentioned that it will cost around 30 lakhs. I guess they meant ex showroom prices since they were not specific.
Hope this clears things up:

We expect the Chevrolet Trailblazer 2WD auto to be priced at around Rs 29 lakh (ex-showroom).

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-397167.aspx

God, while a 2WD AT Santa Fe goes at 28.##L, a 2WD AT Pajero Sport is 25L, the top Sportivo Fortuner 2WD AT is 25.##L, and Chevrolet's own Captiva AT AWD is 27.##L (all ex- Showoom Delhi), I see a mile long waiting line at the Chevrolet dealerships.

Let me get in the line first.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 21:00   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Let me get in the line first.
Lol !! I am behind you.

Jokers, this Chevrolet India. I think it is better they pack up and leave, once the Tavera goes off the Market..
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 05:17   #80
BHPian

I thought Hyundai is taking advantage of the Indian customer with the short Santa Fe squeezing seven seats in to it, but if the news is correct, I am not sure what to think of this.

If I remembered correctly, the top of the line Captiva LTZ was marginally more expensive than the Trailblazer LTZ1 in Thailand. Guess building the truck in Thailand and importing it has its own downsides, unfortunately, not sure who Chevy is targeting with this vehicle with this pricing.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:40   #81
BHPian

Chevrolet Trailblazer review, test drive

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-395954.aspx
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:28   #82
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet India has listed the Trailblazer on its website.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:41   #83
BHPian

Caught the Trailblazer on test a couple of weeks back. Somehow the pictures got pushed up in the gallery and I completely forgot about it.
Everyone is familiar with the looks and the presence of this monster.
What I would remark about is, boy oh is this machine quick. Like very rapid. As soon as the guy realised I was clicking pictures, he raced away. Although we did manage to catch up with him in traffic later on.
But even after that it gained speed so quickly. Whatever its weight maybe, that engine looks to be a gem. Super quick it was for a car its size.
And the SUV sure does have presence and mammoth like looks.
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-imageuploadedbyteambhp1444385352.362892.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-imageuploadedbyteambhp1444385382.695526.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-imageuploadedbyteambhp1444385403.561665.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-imageuploadedbyteambhp1444385424.429902.jpg

The last one of the front is not very clear. It took a lot of effort to first overtake it and then get a good shot in a moving car. Sorry but it is the best I could manage.
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-imageuploadedbyteambhp1444385449.348941.jpg
akhil994 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 16:12   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Caught the Trailblazer on test a couple of weeks back. Somehow the pictures got pushed up in the gallery and I completely forgot about it.
Everyone is familiar with the looks and the presence of this monster.
What I would remark about is, boy oh is this machine quick. Like very rapid. As soon as the guy realised I was clicking pictures, he raced away. Although we did manage to catch up with him in traffic later on.
But even after that it gained speed so quickly. Whatever its weight maybe, that engine looks to be a gem. Super quick it was for a car its size. ]

Ah the 500 nm torque must be helping him a lot!!! Excellent build and presence. Spec wise,Chevy leads the new pack followed by ford,Mitsubishi and Toyota.
Nice catch mate. But did I see chrome inserts in tail lamp or is that something else? The rear quarter is misfit in this otherwise beautiful American vehicle.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:22   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post

The last one of the front is not very clear. It took a lot of effort to first overtake it and then get a good shot in a moving car. Sorry but it is the best I could manage.
No need to apologize my friend. Those pics turned out great, especially the last one which is tricky to capture especially considering both you and the Chevy Trailblazer are moving. Good job mate
Old 9th October 2015, 21:29   #86
Team-BHP Support

This looks huge but will be a flop given the High Costs due to CBU and lack of 4 X 4 . Perhaps they could have sold few had this being in 4 x4 variant . Trouble in most of these MNC's is the persons who are decision makers have little hands-on with demands & preference of local markets .Now even if they have launched this to test response - this is a dud approach - they should have released a loaded 4 x4 even if it meant 35-40 lac price tag - I don't see a vehicle at present on this side of Land Cruiser with such size & spec's -maybe they could have advanced launch by couple of months and got some sales by now given the vacuum in segment higher than Fortuner / Pajero before taking decision on CKD and competing with new endeavour / fortuner

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th October 2015 at 21:31.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 13:03   #87
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6

General Motors has decided to unveil the upcoming Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV on an online marketplace. The company has announced that it will list the details of the SUV on Amazon.in from October 14, 2015. The car will be launched on October 21.

Bookings for the vehicle will open on the date of the launch and interested customers can book their car either through the e-commerce website or at the company's dealerships. The booking amount has been set at Rs. 25,000. The company will stop accepting bookings through Amazon.in from October 26. Vehicle deliveries will take place through dealerships.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: ET Auto
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 10:06   #88
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6

Still can't believe they can sell it via amazon!!!

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-trail1.png

Last edited by civic-sense : 21st October 2015 at 10:08.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 13:07   #89
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 26.4 L !

Now Launched at Rs. 26.4 Lac ! Not sure its a fair price for 4x2 though
Old 21st October 2015, 13:24   #90
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Trailblazer Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

The Chevy Trailblazer has been launched in India at 26.4Lakh, ex-Delhi.
Launched with the super torque-y 197 Bhp Turbo diesel producing 500 NM @ 200 RPM.!! Only available with a 4x2 drivetrain and 6speed AT gearbox.

link: -
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/chevrolet-t...-4-lakh-651356

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2015 at 13:34. Reason: Linking to review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks