Last 6 Months sales number
Average Monthly sales of Dzire (May-Oct 2015) = 21253
Average Monthly sales of Swift (May-Oct 2015) = 17690

Total Average Monthly Sales = 38943

November Sales number
Dzire = 18826
Swift = 11859
Baleno = 9074

Total sales including Baleno = 39759 (Increase of just 2%)
Total sales exluding Baleno = 30685 (decrease of 21%)

With a new 'premium' model and all NEXA drama they added just 2%
You're right in terms of volume. In terms of monetary value, the Baleno and other models would sell at a higher price than the DZire and the Swift. It may not make up a lot at this point but as they add more models to the Nexa brand, it could potentially become a low cost / high profit operation all by itself.

Just curious, do you know if the DZire includes commercial bookings as well? If so, then most of those bookings are going for lower end variants vs. the Baleno buyer who'd typically at least aim for the highest or one lesser variant. I really wish there were distribution by variants.

Anyways, the remark about the benchmark was not about sales but of customer experience & quality of service.
Old 12th December 2015, 16:09   #287
BHPian

Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Guys,
My wife and I accompanied a close friend and his family for taking delivery of their new Baleno at Bimal Nexa Bangalore last evening.
My objective view is that the Nexa experience is a complete and absolute failure. Shoddy job from start to finish. We were waiting for an S cross to be delivered because its owners hadn't turned up on time. After about 1 hour of waiting, during which we were thankfully served coffee and water, my friend's car finally made it to the delivery bay. No accessories fitted, not even the Ganesha idiol, mud flaps, or floor mats. The documents were hurriedly provided in a Nexa bag; the SA did not spend any time in going over its contents. BTW, did other Baleno owners not receive an owners manual and battery warranty? My friend didn't get either.

In general, there seemed to be an immense urgency from them to just finish the delivery. They did not offer to explain the features. I at least managed to get them to sync my friend's smartphone with the Bluetooth system, which took about 15 minutes. I had to actually ask them to show the spare, tool kit, jack etc. Another SA actually had the cheek to say, "Sir, another customer is waiting. We will explain the features after you take it out and park it on the side of the road." I decided that we had enough. Photos were taken, though no framed picture was handed to my friend. A bouquet and a box of chocolates were presented. We got into the car and we were out.

In conclusion, it is pretty obvious that the Nexa experience is just not up to the mark. However, we were all just excited to take the car so we didn't dwell on the shortcomings of the so-called Nexa experience.

I was considering the S cross very seriiously. But this experience left a sour taste. If you cannot make the customer feel good about the purchase, then what is the point of a calling the sales guy a "relationship manager"? It's pretty evident that they are not interested in continuing one with the customer.

I suppose my friend should just be thankful he got the car after waiting for just 1.5 months.

On the way back home, my wife and I couldn't help but recollect how warm the staff at Advaith Hyundai Miller's road had been when delivering our Eon.

Even my experience with the Punto delivery at Prerana Motors Basaveshwarnagar 5 years ago fared better than this travesty of a sales experience at Nexa.

Pull up your socks Maruti. My S-Cross purchase plan is no more the no-brainer I had in mind before last evening.
Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 16:38   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Pull up your socks Maruti. My S-Cross purchase plan is no more the no-brainer I had in mind before last evening.
I can totally understand your feelings as i had a similar experience at the time of delivery of S-Cross. But what i would suggest honestly is that please don't overlook the beautiful and practical product, the S-Cross. The moment i took the steering in my hands and drove off from Nexa, all negativity disappeared into thin air.

Please visit another Nexa dealer. Now you know what to expect so you'll have less pain.

I had the worst experience at the Tata dealer when i got my Vista 6 years ago. But the car turned out so good, it overshadowed that miserable experience.

Get the S-Cross, will ya!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:16   #289
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the showrooms which got NEXA outlets are being flexible about the delivery location as per customer's convenience. They are delivering at their non NEXA outlets too.

Sai Service has a NEXA outlet at Lower Parel in Mumbai, but this weekend I saw a couple of S-Crosses & Balenos being readied for delivery at their non NEXA showroom at Vasai.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 01:35   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
It seems that the showrooms which got NEXA outlets are being flexible about the delivery location as per customer's convenience. They are delivering at their non NEXA outlets too.
The delivery can be taken anywhere provided the NEXA and the regular Maruti showroom are under the same business group.

I remember one of my colleagues had taken his S cross delivery in September from the regular showroom, as the NEXA dealership was in a very crowded area and far from his house. He instead took delivery from Maruti dealership who owned that NEXA too, since it was more convinient for him.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:49   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

In conclusion, it is pretty obvious that the Nexa experience is just not up to the mark.

Well, for my part, I am not sure of this Nexa Experience either.

I want a hatch, and thought about looking at the Baleno. It is intended to replace my Ritz, and that is just 20,000km. So I am in no hurry, hence willing to wait.

Located the Kochi Nexa number from the website. Tried calling 3 times in as many weeks. Nobody even answered.

Last week, a lady finally picked up the phone. I told her I was looking at the Baleno, and would like more information. The phone was given to a gentleman instantly. I asked him what was the waiting period and booking amount for a Delta Automatic or a petrol Alpha, in any colour except blue and red. He seemed to be in a hurry. Just said waiting period for any variant is 4.5 months. I asked him if there was any priorities for booking with full payment upfront. He replied no, cars allotted against bookings are shipped from the factory only after they get full payment.

I thanked him for his time, but he hung up before that. Did not even bother to take my number or ask my name.

Then I called the regular Maruti dealership operated by the same company. Asked about the Swift. The lady there took down my name and number. I got a call in 5 minutes. The salesperson asked in detail about the variant and colour I was interested in. Asked if I wanted financing, which I declined but told him I wanted their insurance, not buying an outside policy. He called back in another 15 minutes with availability schedules and colour options and started talking in detail about payment options and offers. In less than 40 minutes into my first call, a full cash purchase of a top end variant was confirmed.

SAME manufacturer. SAME dealer company. SAME city.

So I wonder what this 'Nexa' 'Premium' 'Experience' is all about.

Last edited by Yeldo : 23rd December 2015 at 18:50.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:59   #292
BHPian

NEXA Lower Parel is playing a foul game.
A friend had booked the Delta Model of Baleno in November first week.
He was guaranteed delivery in mid December.

Now the sales person is pushing for SX4, and is offering around 1.5 L of discount.

When insisted and asked on the status for Baleno, there's a rude reply that the stock will not be available for a couple of months.

Not a "Premium" experience.
Old 26th December 2015, 10:28   #293
Senior - BHPian

Saw this very interesting sight the other day!

Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-img_20151223_101717981_hdr.jpg
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-img_20151223_101715288_hdr.jpg

If ever MSIL needed proof that they need better designs for the OEM alloys wheels for the two cars sold from Nexa.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 21:30   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Well, for my part, I am not sure of this Nexa Experience either.

SAME manufacturer. SAME dealer company. SAME city.

So I wonder what this 'Nexa' 'Premium' 'Experience' is all about.
Exactly! The more I read about the whole Nexa strategy, the more concrete my conclusion that this strategy has backfired in every single way.

The whole point of Nexa was to elevate the car buying experience to a whole new level, similar to a personal relationship manager at your bank/asset management company/5-star hotel property.

Right now, buying a car from Nexa is worse than buying from Skoda. Below-par enthusiasm, lack of product knowledge, poor explanation (or absence!) of documentation on car purchase, delays in fitment of accessories, lack of a personalized buying experience.... phew, my list could go on.

If your regular Maruti dealer offers a friendlier and more knowledgeable experience, then what is the point of Nexa?

I'm yet to hear of ONE positive Nexa experience that is suitably superior to any other car-buying experience from any other brand or Maruti itself.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 22:49   #295
BHPian

Went to check out the NEXA at east of Kailash Delhi and to test drive the s-cross.
Was told that test drives are available only on weekdays! Why would they not give test drives on weekends when they get the most footfalls in their showroom then?
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:40   #296
SRK
Senior - BHPian

There is no premium experience at Nexa except the interiors of the showroom.

I observed that in one of the dealerships in Mumbai, there is not even a single Baleno on display. Only S-Cross have been parked inside.

Looks like they even sold the demo vehicles to customers (just a thought )
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:48   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm yet to hear of ONE positive Nexa experience that is suitably superior to any other car-buying experience from any other brand or Maruti itself.
My friend had visited the same Nexa showroom in a span of 2 months - first for the S-cross, and then for the Baleno.
The S-cross experience was delightful, the executive was very patient and soft spoken.
The Baleno experience was completely opposite - the executive was arrogant to say the least.
So I think it is better to move the low-selling cars to Nexa showrooms, because the sales experience would be better as Maruti promised

Last edited by jinojohnt : 28th December 2015 at 14:52.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 18:22   #298
Team-BHP Support

Here's our Nexa experience. Fellow moderator Ampere and myself visited the Nexa showroom on St. Marks road last week. It was a big mistake.

Ampere and myself were at the Ford showroom next door and after finishing up there went to the Nexa showroom as I wanted to confirm the doubt on the Baleno's headlights in the official review. Not a single sales guy came to us when we entered. We tried going upto a few sales guys but they completely ignored us. Finally we requested one guy to help us out and what a mistake that was. We were treated with the highest level of arrogance and downright rudeness.

The guy straight away says we have 14 sales guys and as you can see all are busy. If you are still interested you will need to wait for one of them to be free.

Then he doled some utter rubbish saying that projector lights only work with HID as the projector casing needs bulbs with more power. Hence the Baleno is a HID. I told him then how does the Ciaz have projectors with halogens. He tells me to go to the Maruti showroom nearby and check again as they are xenons and not HID like the Baleno. When I told him both are same, he says I am aware both are same but the Ciaz is a xenon and not HID but a regular one.

Finally he says, tell me what you finally need so I can solve your problem. I told him just turn the light on and let me see under the bonnet. We were told all cars are locked as they are for customer and only the lower trims I can see. The guy told us people are booking without even seeing the Baleno. Even our display cars are being bought so there's no question of having a car which they can open for me to see.

So there is no way to confirm your question and he walked away!!! He seemed pissed off as if I was wasting his time.

Mind you the showroom wasn't that crowded. It was busy but not really jam packed. It looked like they were only entertaining people who had the money ready or were ready to buy without asking questions.

I went to the manager and took his name and told them you will be getting an e-mail from me soon.

The baleno success seems to have gotten to their heads. With the S-cross the Nexa guys were begging for a booking. When we went a month after S-cross launch and I said 1.6 their eyes lit up.

If anyone goes to the St. Marks road Nexa, pls. avoid salesman by the name of Prince. He's one of the most arrogant and rude sales guys you can find.

Far from premium experience this visit was.
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 18:59   #299
Team-BHP Support

I have pretty decent tolerance levels against people. Because I always tend to underplay myself and give the benefit of doubt to others. But this one was way over limit. Not one but pretty much every one seemed to act similar. I could see at least 4-5 of the sales guys standing in a group. But not even one had the courtesy to walk down and ask what was it that we needed. Maybe it was one of those days. Hence I did not even mind walking up to them and asking for help. But then was surprised, even that resulted in a cold shoulder ! Thats when I really lost my trust in their sales.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 19:02   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Here's our Nexa experience. Fellow moderator Ampere and myself visited the Nexa showroom on St. Marks road last week. It was a big mistake.
I had been to 3 Nexa showrooms. I visited Calicut Nexa for S cross test drive and Experience was really good. I was offered long test drives of both 1.3 and 1.6.
After 2 months I visited Bharath Nexa Mangalore for Baleno and experience was not great. I was told 2 months booking and TD would be available only after a week.
Then I visited Mandovi Nexa mangalore and showroom was less crowded. I told I need the car immediately and can't wait for 2 months. RM checked the cars in transit and I blocked a silver zeta petrol, Got delivery in 3 days.

Last edited by ampere : 12th January 2016 at 08:27. Reason: Edited quoted content
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks