Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:07   #196
BHPian

re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Why is everyone getting so opinionated against the NEXA strategy?
Don't form opinions even before it has begun.
Let it start, let few months pass and then appreciate or criticize it.
Learning from the Kizashi experience if Maruti definitely wants the customer paying 10+ lacs to be treated a bit differently then please let them!
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:05   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Why is everyone getting so opinionated against the NEXA strategy?
Don't form opinions even before it has begun.
Let it start, let few months pass and then appreciate or criticize it.
Learning from the Kizashi experience if Maruti definitely wants the customer paying 10+ lacs to be treated a bit differently then please let them!
In what way are Dzire or Ciaz Customers lesser, to be treated a BIT differently when they are also paying +/- 10L?

Mass market perceives, SUV (Real or pseudo) > Sedan > Compact Sedan > Hatch. Now where does S-Cross fit in for Maruti to think it deserves a separate showroom?
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:11   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

In what way are Dzire or Ciaz Customers lesser, to be treated a BIT differently when they are also paying +/- 10L?

Mass market perceives, SUV (Real or pseudo) > Sedan > Compact Sedan > Hatch. Now where does S-Cross fit in for Maruti to think it deserves a separate showroom?
No customer is lesser or bigger in proposition. What they are trying to do is, experiment!

Give them a chance. They fall, they'll learn and revert to original showrooms for selling the S Cross. I see no harm in this strategy and will succeed to a certain extent.

I am waiting to experience the NEXA, tired of the regular Maruti showrooms. I need a change.

The experimenting is what is making them open NEXA showrooms at a slower rate. If it falls the loss is lesser.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 15:15   #199
BHPian

Is this the start of a new brand of vehicles from the Maruti stable. With the sad demise of Qzashi under the Maruti label, some lessons must have been learnt.

It would be well worth all the investment if Maruti were to look at Nexa as a brand in itself rather than a showroom for permium cars and bundle the likes of GV, Qz, SCross under the Nexa stable

If only Tata had done this with their Aria and the Storme wonder what they would have got into

Thoughts ?
Old 4th August 2015, 15:43   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Is this the start of a new brand of vehicles from the Maruti stable. With the sad demise of Qzashi under the Maruti label, some lessons must have been learnt. Thoughts ?
IMO, Maruti Suzuki doesn't need a new brand, being a leader here it is well known and to re-start a new brand will take long to regain confidence of the people.

Kizashi failed due to the fact it being a CBU and hence its high pricing. Also it was only available in petrol variant.

'Nexa experience' is one way to look at in gaining new customer base / local customers to upgrade to Premium vehicles.
Old 4th August 2015, 16:40   #201
BHPian

Having experienced the Nexa and having booked a car with them, I am extremely satisfied with the service - at least till this point of time. The experience was far far better than what I had with Whitefield Honda and also better than Trident Hyundai in Bangalore.

The RM was very courteous and had good knowledge about S-Cross and cars in general. He was experienced and had experience with Toyota, Mahindra and Nissan before joining Nexa. The followups were timely and there was no sort of pressurizing either. He was happy to spend around 1.5 hrs with me over 2 days and happily explained all features and answered all my queries with patience.

All said, I am still not convinced with the Nexa concept. It is all good and gloss in theory but practically a lot of prospective buyers will be hurt.

The density of showrooms was the USP of Maruti and that is lost with Nexa. As an example, my parents are in Trivandrum. If I have to show a Ciaz, they need to travel just 500 m. If it is a Honda or Mahindra or Tata or Toyota or Ford or Nissan or Renault or VW or Skoda it is all <15 kms. But if I need to show them the S-Cross I am planning to buy, they need to travel 200+ kms. And Trivandrum is the capital city of Kerala. Anyone from Madurai will have to travel 200+ kms to check out this car. Because of this, the penetration of the car will be too low. I agree, people can book the car from any showroom and the booking will be redirected to the nearest Nexa. But how many will be ready to book the car without even seeing it? Many Maruti customers do it with the Altos and Swifts, but for a premium new product costing 10+ lakhs, very few will do this. Moreover, Maruti is targeting the premium buyers with this and they will never buy a car without experiencing it.

The exclusivity will be there but the monthly sales figures will be too low. Maruti will be forced to increase prices or bear with some losses. Or may be I am missing something here

I think Maruti should have gone into this in a phased manner. i.e. Should have started selling premium products in regular showrooms along with the Nexas. Slowly expand the Nexa network to at least 1 in every major city and then slowly phase out the premium offerings in regular showrooms and make them Nexa exclusive. This way, they could have maintained the consistency IMO.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 19:02   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
All said, I am still not convinced with the Nexa concept. It is all good and gloss in theory but practically a lot of prospective buyers will be hurt.

The exclusivity will be there but the monthly sales figures will be too low. Maruti will be forced to increase prices or bear with some losses. Or may be I am missing something here

I think Maruti should have gone into this in a phased manner. i.e. Should have started selling premium products in regular showrooms along with the Nexas. Slowly expand the Nexa network to at least 1 in every major city and then slowly phase out the premium offerings in regular showrooms and make them Nexa exclusive. This way, they could have maintained the consistency IMO.
I think they are trying to take a middle path. They do not want to sell as part of they regular portfolio. If they do that it would be difficult to sell their 'premium' concept. Even if they switch to the Nexa brand later, it will be difficult for them to associate the premium factor which is one of their USP's.

At the same time, as we have discussed extensively in this thread, whether this concept will work on not is a still an unknown. Hence I assume Maruti are treading cautiously, start of on a small scale and then expand. In case this whole thing does not work, it will be easier to back out.

As per what I read, they expect to have 100-150 Nexa outlets in the next 6-8 months. If you look at companies like VW, Ford etc.. they currently have similar number of dealerships (maybe a little more) and are comfortably able to sell 3-4000 of their cars per month. If they S Cross clicks and considering customer loyalty to Maruti, I don't think they will have a problem moving 3-4000 units per month.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:04   #203
BHPian

Whats the next car coming to Nexa? With the SCross pricing, Nexa will not be seeing much footfalls.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:44   #204
Team-BHP Support

If we believe reports that came in earlier, the next one would have been the Ciaz 1.6 but we all know how that one will be priced
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:57   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If we believe reports that came in earlier, the next one would have been the Ciaz 1.6 but we all know how that one will be priced
Let MUL price their cars to glory. When the number tally peters out at the end of the month, MUL will land back to Mother Earth.
Old 6th August 2015, 09:15   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa site gets updated. Good start!

http://nexaexperience.com/
Old 6th August 2015, 15:56   #207
Team-BHP Support

^^ The site's updated, but when I dropped an email to the corporate sales ID for a performa invoice (mine will be a company lease car if I go ahead), the mail bounced.

I had to then fill up the form on their website for which I got an instant acknowledgement email.

Now let's see how responsive these guys are
Old 6th August 2015, 17:01   #208
BHPian

Just curious how will they sell decent no of cars with such a limited coverage. For eg. their Nexa site shows just one dealer in Punjab, one in UP, 6 in entire Maharashtra !!. In Gujarat it shows only two cities - Rajkot and Vadodara, not even Ahmedabad.
Old 6th August 2015, 17:50   #209
Team-BHP Support

Just paid attention to the NEXA showroom across the street from my workplace on ORR.

The 'Maruti Suzuki' label is more prominent than the 'NEXA', kind of like what they did with the Estilo at launch, with big ZEN lettering and 'Estilo' tucked away.

If they're trying to differentiate their 'premium' sales experience, they should refrain from shoving the Maruti Suzuki logo in customers' faces so prominently.
Old 6th August 2015, 18:01   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nexa site gets updated. Good start!

http://nexaexperience.com/
Price details for several locations, still not updated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks