Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 17:49   #241
BHPian

Re: Petrol Pump scams

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post

But he kept on saying its mine . And i said "andar se bill leke ayiye" so that i can have a look at the time and that is when he cracked and said "haan sir pehle gaadi ka hai".
That's why I have started this habit of asking bill everytime. Earlier I never use to take it. Even if I realize that I have been scammed at later point I will have proof to take immediate action.
Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 20:24   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
That's why I have started this habit of asking bill everytime. Earlier I never use to take it. Even if I realize that I have been scammed at later point I will have proof to take immediate action.
Every time you fill petrol there is a digital proof of the same in the Petrol pump billing. An entry is made, they also have CCTV footage of each refulling task.

I was once charged 700rs more than petrol i filled, once i went back with the Gpay proof, they pulled out the record of fuel filled and refunded the excess amount back to me.

Petrol pump managers are usually very helpfull.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 21:07   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreddy View Post
Another kind of scam is happening at petrol bunks, while we are focused on the petrol filling. It happened to me today at Indian oil petrol bunk near the Whitefield Honda showroom (it's on the same side of road as Honda showroom).
Thanks for the alert. Fill there once in a while, and I will be careful
Old 27th February 2024, 00:09   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Are you referring to the petrol pump on ITPL road just after Singayyanapalya metro station, towards KR Puram?
I believe this bunk is not a COCO pump anymore. They never stock XP95 and the behaviour of the pump attendants is even worse. The bigger IOCL bunk directly opposite to it (towards Phoenix/VR Mall) is a COCO, and is labelled with a sign as you enter it.
mkk_carformula is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 10:55   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Scam attempted: Failed.
Location : Sukhwani Petroleum(Indian Oil Petrol Pump) , Wakad , Pune
That's quite surprising at this petrol bunk. I regularly fill up diesel here and they don't start unless the meter reads zero. Must be one bad guy. However need to be more careful from now on and keep and eye.
Old 27th February 2024, 14:29   #246

Quote:
Scam attempted: Failed.
Location : Sukhwani Petroleum(Indian Oil Petrol Pump) , Wakad , Pune

Once the cut off happened, he coolly took out his calculator and added the full tank amount and 500 and i immediately asked if he was adding 500 as tips ?
He said "nahi sir ,aapke diesel ka hai".
I said "itna diesel tho gaadi mein bhi nahi hai".

But he kept on saying its mine . And i said "andar se bill leke ayiye" so that i can have a look at the time and that is when he cracked and said "haan sir pehle gaadi ka hai".

I did not pursue the matter further and left it there as it was late in the night.
Last week I went to refuel my car at HP petrol pump in Kokapet, Hyderabad which is just opposite of the Rajapushpa Regalia. I gave my card to the attendent for payment and told him he can use tap pay. He tapped the card and said it's not working so inserted the card and I entered the pin and transaction was successful. I took the transaction printout and didn't check the message as my mobile was inside the car. After that I sat in the car and drove away. The same night while checking the message I realised that I had been charged twice. So next day I went to the pump again and told this to one of the attendents there. He pointed me to a room just beside the office where I can find that same attendent who had refilled the previous day. I went to that room and spoke to that attendent and showed him the proof of transactions. He said he will check and if it is genuine he will refund either via gpay or phone pay by evening. I was ok with that and gave him my number. After that I went to office and forgot to follow up with him but when I checked at night I had received a refund.
Prav_Panther is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 15:29   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
That's quite surprising at this petrol bunk. I regularly fill up diesel here and they don't start unless the meter reads zero. Must be one bad guy. However need to be more careful from now on and keep and eye.
Well it might be the case of a bad apple as I use this pump regularly as well.
Old 27th February 2024, 20:30   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prav_Panther View Post
HP petrol pump in Kokapet, Hyderabad which is just opposite of the Rajapushpa Regalia
Oh, that pump is a repeat offender and scam hotspot. Just look at it's Google Maps Reviews. As of this comment, the top auto-generated keyword from the reviews section is 'cheat'. My friends and acquaintances have been scammed there too (double payment, add more without reset to zero, fill up less pretending to have misheard). It's best to avoid that pump

Last edited by the.city : 27th February 2024 at 20:31.
the.city is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 21:12   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
Oh, that pump is a repeat offender and scam hotspot. It's best to avoid that pump
It's the nearest petrol pump to where I stay. Which petrol pump is good and you prefer around Kokapet area? Asking so that I can avoid this notorious pump and use your preferred one.
Old 28th February 2024, 09:12   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Which petrol pump is good and you prefer around Kokapet area?
Depending on which direction I'm going, I'll either use one of two pumps in Narsingi (HP pump opposite Accurate Wind Chimes or BP further ahead near U turn), or if I'm going towards Gandipet, there's Indian Oil next to Ocean Park. Of the three, my best experience has been the HP pump. Always clean, courteous staff, no funny business (as yet )
the.city is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 14:28   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
I'll either use one of two pumps in Narsingi (HP pump opposite Accurate Wind Chimes or BP further ahead near U turn), or if I'm going towards Gandipet, there's Indian Oil next to Ocean Park. Of the three, my best experience has been the HP pump. Always clean, courteous staff, no funny business (as yet )
I have used all the three pumps mentioned by you earlier and still use whenever I am on those routes. I agree with you, HP pump has been best on experience among these three till now.
Old 29th February 2024, 01:06   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I gave my card to the attendent for payment and told him he can use tap pay. He tapped the card and said it's not working so inserted the card and I entered the pin and transaction was successful.
In your own interest if you get double billed on your credit card, raise a transaction dispute with your card issuer. The merchant in this case this petrol pump will have adequate cause to regret trying this particular scam once that happens.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 11:57   #253
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is similar to what happened with me.

The 2 new scratches were made with a black pencil like device so I got the guy to remove it with his cream with almost no effort.

But he could not remove any other older real scratches and hence I told him that, he had cheated and drove away without buying his kit.

Petrol Pump owners are complicit in this.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 12:38   #254
BHPian

After reading some tips and stories on Team-BHP, this is what I do:

1. Turn the AC and engine off and roll down the driver-side window
2. Open the fuel lid using the drive-side level
3. Walk to the dispenser screen
4. Ask for a full tank and watch for the zero-screen when starting up
5. Request bill with car number

Also, I only choose petrol bunks that I feel are trustworthy. If I sense any hint or doubt of playing dirty, I'll never visit them, even though I may not have concrete proof that they're playing dirty.

In one instance, the auto cut-off reached way before the tank got full. I immediately requested a quality and quantity check and found no issues.
Old 9th April 2024, 13:40   #255
BHPian

Folks in Hyderabad, any idea where can we get HP POWER RON 95 petrol ? I stay in Nallagandla hence not many options around me but would definitely like to try the new HP 95 RON fuel.
I have searched multiple pumps but no-one is stocking 95 RON as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks