Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 13:00   #121
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks to TAI forum member DJ Bro for this scoop!

Source
Thank you for THIS!

Jan 2017! Not too far away, but seriously would be better to have it in 2016 itself. Platform is already tested, right? Tiago Petrol and Diesel did the 50,000 kms geared for great drive. So the engine's good.

New feature?
- Engine start stop - Xcent has it
- Keyless entry - Xcent has it
- Auto climate control - Swift Dzire, Xcent, Figo Aspire has it
- Sunroof? - doesn't make sense and not seen on test mules.
- Navigation and Touchscreen?

What could it be? Security? With a GPS lock and engine immobiliser in-built for your car? And you can track your car on your phone - like the MayMyIndia systems?
6 airbags? Again Aspire has that. I am not sure Tata has the tech for it.
Cruise Control? - Didn't see it in the car on display at AutoExpo.

Intriguing indeed!
Old 21st May 2016, 20:03   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
New feature?

What could it be?
Based on this news not too long ago, I would guess that the Kite 5 sedan might be the first Tata Motors car to get it - a hybrid auto start/stop system.

Lowers the final pricing of the vehicle + increases the FE numbers substantially + helps in proclaiming a "1st in Segment" feature.

Called up my birdies earlier today for clarification, but they both stayed mum on this. Whatever it is, they are not ready to disclose it, not even at the cost of complete anonymity.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 20:22   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
..."The KITE 5 will have a feature which no car in it's segment has....Their word is that the Kite 5 will have projector headlamps"
Isn't that already disclosed? It's written no car in it's segment and I believe Kite 5 will be an all new segment, so it's quite confusing.

Just recollected that Zest has projector lamps, if we take the CS segment. Anyway looking forward to the launch and details. Hope it comes with a 4 cylinder option at-least on the top variant, that would complete the package (as a product).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st May 2016 at 20:23.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 21:11   #124
BHPian

More shots of the test mules. spotted in pune.

Looks like it's getting a touchscreen infotainment system indeed.
Also orvms have built in indicators, another welcome addition plus Projectors and alloys look cool.

Tata has come a long way in terms of designing their cars. This one sure catches the eye.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-1465054584630.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-1465054604780.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-1465054619530.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-1465054647851.jpg  

hakunabatata is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 15:31   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

A Kite 5 compact sedan test mule has been caught in it's Sunburst Orange shade under camouflage by an IAB reader.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-iabreaderspiesthetatakite5compactsedaninsunburstorange.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 15:47   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Official concept rendering of the Kite5 compact sedan, courtesy Venkat Desirazu's Twitter.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-ck1awhiuuaadtkz.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 16:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Renderings from tata design studios for kite lineup.
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-13411651_1053483041397877_6818774728536777542_o.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-13432164_1053482884731226_2064557122724980846_n.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-13434946_1053482914731223_4346814082393258934_n.jpg
jeepster is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 03:05   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Renderings from tata design studios for kite lineup....
The boot of Kite 5 is a lot better integrated than the Zest. That looks quite good.

Which colour is the Tiago sporting in the last pic? Overall looks good though I am split on my opinion on the alloy wheel. That may look rugged on an SUV, not Tiago.
Old 16th June 2016, 07:12   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Renderings from tata design studios for kite lineup.
IMO this is the best looking comlact sedan. The boot integration is the sole sore thumb that we complain about in the likes of DZire, Zest, Amaze etc. The hatchback version of those CS cars look far better to me, but with this one, I think I would rather buy the CS version. This good looking car with quality build and interiors, priced just above the Tiago, I am sure it will be an instant hit. As Tiago is much cheaper than the Celerio, this CS could cost in the Celerio-WagonR range, or am I missing something?
Old 16th June 2016, 07:39   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Which colour is the Tiago sporting in the last pic? Overall looks good though I am split on my opinion on the alloy wheel. That may look rugged on an SUV, not Tiago.
SUVish look. It's a cross, right? Hence, I guess, the big-looking alloys.
Old 16th June 2016, 10:01   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Am I the only one here not liking the Kite? Honestly, I like the Tiago more - has a much more rounded up design. The boot in Kite sedan looks unusually large for a car it's size. Don't know how it will look in person. Choosing between the sub-4m sedans is like choosing the lesser evil. None of them actually have a pleasing design (in my opinion ). Sigh!

I would wait for the Nexon though, that is one product after Tiago, I am actually keen on.
Old 16th June 2016, 11:34   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Which colour is the Tiago sporting in the last pic?
That looks like URBAN BRONZE color we see on Safari Storme.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 00:14   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's another spyshot of the Kite5 test mule in Sunburst Orange on a highway run:

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakite5.jpg

Seems to have plenty of street cred, and that's not a bad thing at all.

India Today
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 13:39   #134
BHPian

Kite compact Sedan spied with full load of passengers.

Quote:
The upcoming Tata Kite compact sedan has been spied testing near Wakad on the Pune – Bangalore highway by our avid reader Vicky Mistry. The set of images reveal a lot of details about the car and offer one of the closest overview of the vehicle from many angles. The images show that the silhouette of the Tata Kite is still very similar to the Kite 5 which was showcased earlier at the 2016 Auto Expo held in Delhi. The new Kite sedan will be slotted below the Zest sedan in the company’s line-up.
The spy shots throw light on some interesting and important features of the sedan. The car being tested was fully loaded with passengers and seemed to be the top-end model which was equipped with features like alloy wheels, front fog-lamps, turn indicators on ORVMs and curiously, a spoiler on the rear windshield like a hatchback. Other significant details revealed by the spy shots include LED rear tail-lamps and a medium sized antenna.
The Tata Kite measures 3995 mm in length, 1647 mm in width, 1535 mm in height and 2450 mm in wheelbase, and will be powered by the 1.2-litre Revotron three-cylinder petrol engine and a 1.05-litre Revotorq three-cylinder diesel engine. The new upcoming vehicles from the Tata stable, such as the Hexa crossover, Nexon compact SUV and X451 premium hatchback to name a few, have a sophisticated and grown-up feel to them with timeless designs and very much improved material quality.
Tata Kite Compact Sedan
– The much awaited Tata Kite compact sedan has been spied testing again near Pune
– The fully camouflaged car was fully loaded with passengers and was the top-end variant
– The Kite sedan is based on the Tiago hatchback and will be slotted below the Zest sedan
– Other notable features of the vehicle visible from the spy images are the LED rear tail-lamps, turn indicators on ORVMs and a spoiler on the rear windshield
Source: Motorbeam
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakitaspiedfront.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakitespiedheadlamps.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakitespiedside.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakitespiedalloys.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakitespiedtaillamp.jpg  

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakitespiedrear.jpg  

mrbaddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 19:58   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Kite compact Sedan spied with full load of passengers.

Source: Motorbeam
Sounds good. When is the launch date?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed