Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 19:20   #31
BHPian

re: Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3

This looks in line with the upgraded 2015 Sonata launched a couple of months ago in Oman. I guess the Elantra and the Tucson will follow suit.
Old 30th September 2014, 02:02   #32
BHPian

From pictures posted on zig wheels below, may be its only for my eyes but this looks to be a fusion of the current Verna with the Sunny in the rear. Aleast the rear quarter looks so in the side profile.

Old 8th November 2014, 14:39   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to Vishal Mhatre for sending these pics in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Vishal caught this unregistered Verna facelift on the Pune bypass yesterday. It was completely undisguised, apart from the side badge, which had a loose tape slapped on. The car was a 1.6 EX.

Vishal's observations:

- Updated front-end. New grill, headlamps, foglamps & bumper.
- Headlamps now house projectors.
- Foglamps appeared to have an LED strip over them.
- Redesigned tail-lamps which looked like LEDs. Can't say for sure as he didn't see the car braking.
- New rear bumper & integrated reflectors.
- The alloy wheel design seemed to be different.
- Interiors are more or less the same as the current Verna.

Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3-image00001.jpg

Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3-image00002.jpg

Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3-image00003.jpg

Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3-image00004.jpg

Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3-image00005.jpg

Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3-image00006.jpg
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 17:11   #34
MHG
BHPian

Re: Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3

Doesn't the facelifted Verna

Look like the Ciaz ?

Atleast the similarity in the headlamps is very striking!
Old 8th November 2014, 17:22   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the new front end looks much better than the old one. Would been great if they had tweaked the rear tail lights slightly too. Somehow the rear design is not gelling with the rest of the car now or maybe since the mind has become used to associating this design with the old front end styling.
Old 8th November 2014, 17:50   #36
BHPian

But why??? They should have continued with their hexagonal front grille which gives the "fluidic" Hyundais some unity as to their origin and family lineage and had almost become a sort of trademark for them. Of course, they could have made mods to the headlamps with integrated DRLs or angel eyes and some killer rear LED lamps. I am really upset about the Verna losing that hexagonal grille

Is it only me or are all the cars in this segment starting to look the same? Frankly, it is getting a bit boring.
marsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 18:09   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post

Is it only me or are all the cars in this segment starting to look the same? Frankly, it is getting a bit boring.

Incase you haven't noticed, Hyundai has moved on to a more mature version of the fluidic design philosophy. This is clearly seen in all their recent cars like the new Sonata, new SantaFE, new i20 etc.

I actually don't mind the front end, but it just does not gel with the swooping and flamboyant lines on the rest of the car.
Old 8th November 2014, 18:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Doesn't the facelifted Verna Look like the Ciaz ?
It isn't just me then. While going through the pics of the face lifted Verna, I had just this question in mind that, is it just me or does it look very much like the Ciaz? and scrolled down to see the very next post talking about exactly the same thing! Haven't compared the minute details but Yeah it does look similar in the first glance.
Old 8th November 2014, 18:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Look like the Ciaz ?

It resembles more of Corolla Altis to me than the Ciaz. Borrowing ideas, for different sections of a car, has become common place in today's automotive design.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That's a nice scoop. The car looks very nice. There was nothing wrong with the rear, so I am glad they haven't fiddled with it. This Verna can find a lot of homes each month if the ride is sorted like the new i20.

Here is a video of the Solaris from abroad showing the updates up close. The projectors, the LED taillights, the grille etc.

The all black interiors in the video looks very good. Don't think we are getting it here.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 22:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you to Vishal Mhatre for sending these pics in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Vishal caught this unregistered Verna facelift on the Pune bypass yesterday. It was completely undisguised, apart from the side badge, which had a loose tape slapped on. The car was a 1.6 EX.
This maybe the SX variant, GTO.
EX is the base variant which does not come with Alloy Wheels or Door Handle Request Buttons(Keyless Entry).

Also, the alloy wheels have no visual difference from the previous model but there is a new smaller Antenna.

Quote:

Look like the Ciaz ?

My thoughts exactly !
Also, in my opinion this design takes the Verna back to the Verna Transform era.

On a lighter note,Honda and Hyundai might have poached designers from Maruti who ended up giving Ciaz's Tail lamps to the City and Headlamps to the Verna.

Last edited by Jag4 : 8th November 2014 at 22:53. Reason: Added details.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 09:13   #42
BHPian

The new grille has a bit of a character. Initially I didn't like it but comparing it side by side to the previous version this new grille uplifts/defines the face. The previous grille was too small and ovalish in shape.

When I squint my eyes and look at it, the front somehow reminds me of the Civic.
Old 9th November 2014, 10:56   #43
BHPian

I dont think hyundai tried to copy the ciaz, if you look at just the the front end (bumper till the A-pillar) you can clearly see that the design is heavily inspired from the 2011 fludic sonata.

What is interesting here is that when hyundai launched the sonata hybrid, it looked like it was inspired by the fluidic verna.

The confusing bit here is that the new 2015 sonata shares the design language with the new i20 elite.

Is the new update is based on an older design ?
Old 9th November 2014, 18:25   #44
BHPian

First of all, this is the SX(O) version and not the EX.
EX is the lowest end. SX has alloy wheels. SX(O), in addition to SX, has chrome door handles with integrated keyless entry sensor and projector lamps.

Good refresh for an already segment topper sedan. But i think they should've taken this opportunity to get a SATNAV system and a sunroof as an option.

Also, i sincerely hope they've sorted out the suspension. If not, they'll soon lose their turn to Honda City!
Old 9th November 2014, 19:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
First of all, this is the SX(O) version and not the EX.
EX is the lowest end. SX has alloy wheels. SX(O), in addition to SX, has chrome door handles with integrated keyless entry sensor and projector lamps.

Good refresh for an already segment topper sedan. But i think they should've taken this opportunity to get a SATNAV system and a sunroof as an option.

Also, i sincerely hope they've sorted out the suspension. If not, they'll soon lose their turn to Honda City!
I read in another forum that it will get a 7" screen with sat nav. The suspension is still a big question.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks