Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 13:32   #691
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Media reports of Creta having Cruise Control is contradicting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Cruise control in Creta confirmed by Carwale, Overdrive and MotorOctane in their review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks, I stand corrected.

Weird thing is - the official feature list doesn't mention it, and neither do the other reviews. IndianAutosBlog doesn't mention it, [
And, now this camparison chart:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Hyundai Creta compared with Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and Mahindra Scorpio.

Attachment 1386936
Attachment 1386937
Attachment 1386938
Attachment 1386939

Source: Gaadi
Frankly, I don't trust this chart. It shows cruise control for Nissan & Duster In the name of creating hype it is sad that certain media reporting completely wrong facts. We have Terrano in our family and after paying 13L OTR it has less then half of the features what is being speculated for Creta. Though both Terrano and Duster are able cars, they are overpriced from day one. There party is about to get busted

Image Source: Gaadi
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-ct.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 29th June 2015 at 18:49.
Old 29th June 2015, 16:25   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India is pretty bullish about the Creta's showing in future monthly sales. According to the Economic Times, they are targetting no less than ~5,000 units per month from Creta sales.

Hyundai has already invested over Rs.1,000 crores in the Creta project, and the car is supposed to come in with very competitive pricing due to it's 90% localisation inputs.

20% of the Creta's production will be allocated for exports as well.

Quote:
ET learns that the South Korean company has informed vendors to prepare for production of 40,000 units in 2015. The plan next year is to scale output to 70,000 to 80,000.

According to people close to the company, if Hyundai sells at least 5,000 Creta SUVs every month this year, it should get ahead of the EcoSport and the Duster, which average sales of 3,000 to 4,000 units a month. It would even overtake Mahindra & Mahindra's Scorpio, which has consistently sold about 4,000 to 4,500 units over the past few years.

The Creta SUV will create new milestones for the company and will break into leadership position in the first year itself, BS Seo, MD of Hyundai Motor India, told ET on the sidelines of a preview in Chennai on Saturday.

The Creta is expected to be priced at between Rs 8.3 lakh and Rs 12.5 lakh.
ET

In related news, Shifting Gears is reporting that the Hyundai Creta has bagged almost 10,000 pre-launch bookings till now. If this is true, then there is plenty to celebrate for Hyundai India in the days to come.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th June 2015 at 16:42.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:22   #693
BHPian

Slowly, but surely, my interest is waning.

No automatic in the top end.
Questionable dynamics.
Dead steering.
Low seating position.

Except a more powerful engine, I don't seem to be gaining anything more by this upgrade. I think I'd have to keep the Ecosport for some more time.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:45   #694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post

Frankly, I don't trust this chart. It shows cruise control for Nissan & Duster In the name of creating hype it is sad that certain media reporting completely wrong facts. We have Terrano in our family and after paying 13L OTR it has less then half of the features what is being speculated for Creta. Though both Terrano and Duster are able cars, they are overpriced from day one. There party is about to get busted
While the overpriced bit is correct I dont think they have put anything very incorrect here. Terrano may not have Cruise Control but the Duster has it. However, Duster does not have a ACC. And I am guessing here that Terrano has it. So it is a matter of which make/brand has what as when you club Terrano and Duster.

P.S.: On second thoughts the other charts from Gaadi are actually questionable. Duster is not 104PS but 110PS. Similarly, I dont know why it says that it is 5 speed and with RWD! Duster highest spec has 6 speed gearbox and it is FWD in 2wd mode.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th June 2015 at 18:52.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 20:16   #695
BHPian

Quote:
I for one feel that if a car is structurally sound, even 2 airbags + pretensioner seatbelts will suffice to keep it's occupants safe inside the cabin. And if the car is structurally fragile/unsound, even 6 or 8 airbags won't suffice.
Well said RavenAvi;

Given the above - what would be your suggestion for a car that is structurally sound (in the Vento or ecosport kind of segment) ?

Also, given that we don't know much about NCAP test results for sold-in-india cars, how does one develop reasonable confidence on the "structurally sound" aspect.

Thanks.
akj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 20:30   #696
BHPian

As per indianautosblog.com even on the top-end, the Creta will not offer split-folding rear seats, its a single piece. This is too bad. I don't understand the logic for not providing such basic things.
Old 29th June 2015, 22:23   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Given the above - what would be your suggestion for a car that is structurally sound (in the Vento or ecosport kind of segment) ?

Also, given that we don't know much about NCAP test results for sold-in-india cars, how does one develop reasonable confidence on the "structurally sound" aspect.
OFF-TOPIC:

That is why we have a pre-purchase option called a "Test Drive". That should be fully utilised to spend time with the car options short-listed, and check them in and out thoroughly. Not just drive them, but check the body panels, the doors, the damping, the underbody, research on structural rigidity of the chosen car options on the Net, etc.

Most people confuse a Test Drive with - jumping into a car, pressing the accelerator to the floor, and check if the car flies off from a standstill position. Some others check the features offered, and their eyes don't move from the dashboard/central console/HU/ODO in front. The more glitz and razmatazz offered in the car, the more it helps the Salespersons to highlight the features, comfort and space on offer - nothing else.

Only a Volkswagen/Fiat salesperson would feel safe in highlighting the opening and closing the door of a Polo/Punto to a prospective customer. How many times has a Maruti/Hyundai/Honda salesperson opened and closed the door of say, a Swift/Ciaz/Grand i10/Brio/Amaze/Mobilio/City to show it's core strength, or (the apparent) lack of it?

A select few do the hard work (I do, as I am sure most Team-BHPians do as well!) - they press the body panels, press the door panels, sit inside and check the cabin insulation and isolation, how good the seat compounds are, how thick the bonnet is, how thick are the windshields/window glasses, how good is the plastic quality inside, how sturdy is the boot lid, etc.

High tensile body panels exude a different type of quality - which clearly demarcates a Polo/Punto from a Swift. But, in a country obsessed with "how much it gives", people negate/overlook everything else.

I know of people in my circle who go and purchase cars without even bothering to check it out in person - go to dealership, ask price, cut the cheque and pick up the car. Everything else is moot. One of the main reasons why a particular car's "brand image" is more successful in India, over all other things.

This is why I am glad that Hyundai India stressed on the safety aspect of the Creta first, before delving into other things. Their official press release highlighted the "Hive" structure of the Creta, the rigid body, structural strength, etc. Good to see a car company highlight the safety benefits over and above everything else.

Apologies for the off-topic post. We can go back to concentrating on the Hyundai Creta now.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th June 2015 at 22:24.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 23:02   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Media reports of Creta having Cruise Control is contradicting.
No cruise control on the Creta.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 23:13   #699
BHPian

Quote:
OFF-TOPIC:

That is why we have a pre-purchase option called a "Test Drive". That should be fully utilised to spend time with the car options short-listed, and check them in and out thoroughly. Not just drive them, but check the body panels, the doors, the damping, the underbody, research on structural rigidity of the chosen car options on the Net, etc.
This is why there are tests - it is simply not possible for every person to check all these details - even for those who are interested in the safety aspect. That is why looked at the NCAP - and guess what - swift had good ratings. Unfortunately, that is not so useful as it is not for the sold-in-india variants. Perhaps the quality of material used is different.

Does that mean one goes back to the traditional "feel" aspect - Polo/Punto doors are heavy and car "feels" well built, so it is "safe". In that case, what about other cars like ecosport - i felt it's doors are not as heavy as Polo - does that make it structurally less safe ? I don't know, and perceptions may vary. Wish there were standardized test results for sold-in-india cars.

Agree that this is off-topic though for this thread. Apologies for the diversion.
akj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 08:26   #700
BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

"The much soght for diesel automatic "Creta will be offered only in one trim - the SX with optional pack, which will have more features than the SX trim but not all equipment of the usual SX(O) variant."

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-advice/reviews/hyundai-creta-first-drive-india-review/22340/3

This is from the Zigwheels review. My curiosity is getting the better of me at this stage. Wonder how the SX automatic is differentiated from the SX and the SX(O) ...

Last edited by reihem : 30th June 2015 at 08:28.
Old 30th June 2015, 09:16   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
"The much soght for diesel automatic "Creta will be offered only in one trim - the SX with optional pack, which will have more features than the SX trim but not all equipment of the usual SX(O) variant."

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...review/22340/3

This is from the Zigwheels review. My curiosity is getting the better of me at this stage. Wonder how the SX automatic is differentiated from the SX and the SX(O) ...

For starters I guess, from what pictures I have seen on our forum, the automatic version had keyless go and the bigger touch screen audio screen. While the SX version won't get these. I only hope they stick to 17" inch diamond cut alloys.
Old 30th June 2015, 10:32   #702
BNM
BHPian

The picture sent by the "Birdie" which featured the automatic transmission had push button start and the 7" touch screen infotainment system (with integrated reverse cam hopefully). You can also clearly see fabric seats. So I guess the AT version will not have

1. leather upholstery / no leather steering wrap / no leather door trims
2. may lack the side and curtain airbags
3. 17" alloy wheels
4. Cruise control
5. Shark fin antenna

Other safety features like ABS, ESC, VSM and HAC may be standard. Probably the price of the AT version will be the same as the SX(O) MT version minus these above features.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:24   #703

Mod Note: Our Creta Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

I think the Creta will put up a strong fight against the Duster/Terrano pair. But I guess the softroader appeal of the Creta might not work for Duster/Terrano prospects.

My question to the existing Duster & Terrano owners is, would you have chosen the Creta if it was available when you bought your car?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2015 at 15:39. Reason: Adding link to review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks