Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 11:29   #661
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

I was curious as to why Hyundai named the ix25 the Creta in India. In the process of answering my inquisitiveness, I googled 'define creta' and the meaning stumped me. Obviously, I cannot define it here in the forum as it would be offensive. However Urban Dictionary would give you a one word meaning which will definitely make you wonder why the marketing team at Hyundai came up with this name.
As forum rules state no use of foul language or any subliminal indication to the same, I am not leaving any links here. If you want to know what I am talking about just type creta into urban dictionary.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 11:57   #662
BHPian

I dont think this comparison is accurate, I dont think the Duster / Terrano comes with Climate Control as mentioned in this article. It has a manual AC. Likewise I dont see the mention of cruise control in Terrano in the Nissan website

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Hyundai Creta compared with Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and Mahindra Scorpio.

Source: Gaadi
Old 28th June 2015, 12:05   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Excerpts:
  • You sit relatively low inside the cabin. The driving position is not as commanding as you would assume for a car with such good ground clearance and character. The dashboard feels high set, and the feel from the driver’s position is very car-like.
  • Steering is adjustable for height but not for reach. The steering wheel on the AT variant wasn’t leather wrapped and felt slightly hard and rough, though the leather wrapped wheel on the Manual version felt soft and very nice to hold.
  • Both these points are downers. I dont understand why most SUV's mini SUV's today have good GC but low seats, makes it un comfortable. Adjustable reach is also necessary.

Quote:
  • We were a little perplexed on seeing fabric seats and no leather steering wheel on the AT variant, which is supposed to be the absolute top of the line variant. The manual SX (O) variant, on the other hand featured leather seats and a much-nicer-to-hold leather wrapped steering wheel too.
  • This may be a pre production test vehicle, features of same variant in AT & Manual should not change.

Quote:
  • 1.6 diesel seemed to have a mild turbo lag and spooled up fully only at 2000 rpm, even after featuring a VGT.
  • The turbo lag which was quite noticeable in the manual version wasn’t apparent in the auto variant.
  • The auto transmission is quite snappy and shifts up rather quickly. We tried to confuse it by modulating the throttle, though it responded pretty well to the challenges thrown.
  • That is acceptable, AT usually keeps reves in the Turbo range, or above.

Quote:
  • The engine gets slightly noisy after 3000 rpm, though it still remains smooth and none of this noise really translates into any vibrations or irritating drone inside the cabin.
  • Body roll is perceptible but is decent for the height of the vehicle. Ride is supple, but the vehicle rolls more when compared to say, the Duster or the Ecosport.
  • Driver seat is height adjustable, though there is no lumbar support here.
  • The above two are acceptable too, most of us criticize what we should expect ie. Our SUV's are criticized for body roll and our sedans for low GC causing them to scrape speed breakers. Hyundais always have softer suspension than Ford's and the Dusters.
    Lumbar support is necessary.

Quote:
  • Rear space is good for 2 adults, 3 would be a squeeze though.
  • Head room at the rear is adequate. While the shoulder line of the Creta is quite high and the windows aren’t very big and wide, the good amount of headroom ensures that the car doesn’t feel claustrophobic.
  • The leg room at the back seat is pretty good, though the under-thigh support could have been better.
  • Fit and finish is quite nice and overall the interior looks very nice though it’s not totally devoid of hard plastics. There is some hardness to be felt on the rear door panels and the upper black part of the dashboard – this isn’t much to complain about though.
  • The buttons are very tactile, soft to touch and built to last – there is no flimsiness to be felt there.
That means again the rear seats are low set and not adequate for tall people. Good fit and finish is a norm in all Hyundais.

Quote:
Of course, the real milestone will be our own Team-BHP review. I am sure all doubts of every Team-BHPian regarding features, driveability and variant details will be fully cleared once it's out!
But natural no other review that we can trust.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 28th June 2015 at 12:08.
Old 28th June 2015, 14:10   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Hyundai Creta compared with Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and Mahindra Scorpio.

Source: Gaadi
The Duster / Terrano (110ps / 85ps) comes with a 1.5L SOHC engine
Old 28th June 2015, 14:17   #665
BHPian

My need is Automatic(6 speed) and safety and not a sedan. Looks like Ecosport is the only option now. Unless Creta and SXCross do a surprise.

Maybe I have to consider the Jazz even though its not a (mini)SUV.
Old 28th June 2015, 16:37   #666
BHPian

Looks like my wait for a proper Diesel automatic SUV just got longer. After Zest , this is another mistake by a manufacturer wherein they aren't launching a fully equipped vehicle. Hope like Zest they launch a fully equipped version after some time. Till then happy motoring with my Fiesta.
Old 28th June 2015, 17:05   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one feel that if a car is structurally sound, even 2 airbags + pretensioner seatbelts will suffice to keep it's occupants safe inside the cabin. And if the car is structurally fragile/unsound, even 6 or 8 airbags won't suffice.

Also, airbags are a passive safety feature. You only come to know they are there when they deploy, otherwise? I would much rather have 2 of them which deploy at the right time to keep me safe, rather than 8 which fail me at the most critical moment. And if they explode like the Takata ones worldwide, God help us!

But this is my view, purely.

And, for comparison, have a look at the 4S Verna's feature list:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled2.jpg

Other than the number of airbags, there is not much to differentiate between the S(O) and the SX, the two top variants. Most features are shared across both of them.

So if I were you, I would wait till the official launch and Team-BHP's review before taking a decision.

Anyway, the official Hyundai Creta micro site has been updated. The features list, official images from yesterday in Wallpaper formats (for desktops/laptops/tablets/cellphones), and a neat little graphic of the silhouetted Creta are added:

Scroll down in the micro site to see this -
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled0.jpg

- become this!
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th June 2015 at 17:34.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 17:36   #668
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note: Please keep the discussion to the car and not it's name. Enough discussion has been done on it's name and relevant jokes have been made. I think we can move on now to the actual car. The jokes on the name are old now.

Jokes on the name will attract moderator action.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 17:57   #669
BANNED

Is it just me or does frontal pic of car at post #668 looks like a mini Endeavour? BTW, somewhere up it is mentioned that though floor is high, seats are low. That again reminds me of present Endeavour which is high-floored but front seats are virtually on the floor.
Old 28th June 2015, 19:42   #670
BHPian

Am loving the side profile of Creta -

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta.jpg

Can't wait to lay my hands on this beauty for a test drive.

Right now my laptop screensaver has been changed to this beauty
Old 28th June 2015, 20:28   #671
BHPian

Today I dropped by a dealer to check the tentative delivery schedule. As per him the current wait period (when its not yet been launched) is about 3 months. So if I book it now, I would get it by end Oct or early Nov. I ended up booking a test drive of Verna.

This was in Mumbai, whats the wait period (per dealers) in other cities like?
Old 28th June 2015, 21:50   #672
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Hyundai seems to be on a roll. Their product delivery spot on. Employee moral on an all time high. Nice to see a company deliver quality products at a fantastic price.
Awaiting the team BHP review. I am unlikely to book before its tested on our forum.
If the waiting period is long so be it. Will get the 2016 model. Surprisingly no comment on the media drive from Team BHP?
Hyundai pls make the auto available in top spec.
They listen to the customer. A friend of mine who recently bought a Verna was put through a fifty page market survey document. Guess they are taking feedback for the 2016 all new Verna.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 28th June 2015 at 22:10.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:46   #673
BHPian

Really nice to see hyundai put up a good fight in the mini suv segment. They are trying to be segment leaders in all aspects and thanks to ecosport, the safety and handling benchmarks are very high.

If this has ESP on manual transmission, then it is cherry on top, since no other car below 10 lakhs has it.

I am sure S cross has to give similar safety eventually. I am loving this segment now 😀
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 05:30   #674
BHPian

Dear All-
Just out of curiosity... why there has been no comparison between Creta and XUV? All comparisons thus far has only been around Duster, Ecosport and Scorpio. Is it because of the seating capacity? In terms of the length I believe Creta and XUV are comparable.

I am in the market looking for a SUV. I am sure many like me would be interested in knowing which one would be a better buy between XUV and Creta.
kk28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 08:32   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Dear All-
Just out of curiosity... why there has been no comparison between Creta and XUV? All comparisons thus far has only been around Duster, Ecosport and Scorpio. Is it because of the seating capacity? In terms of the length I believe Creta and XUV are comparable.

I am in the market looking for a SUV. I am sure many like me would be interested in knowing which one would be a better buy between XUV and Creta.

That's exactly what the I guess Hyundai is planning. They want to position the Creata in between the mini SUVs and the full blown SUVs.
Also we must realise as to what we as customers want.
An all wheel drive, full blooded SUV like the Fortuner will never be a comfortable soft roader. They are meant for serious off roading.

If space is not a constraint and 2 additional seats are not important,if you are predominantly using the vehicle on tarmac,then something like the Creta will suit you just fine and save you some money as well.

Let's wait for the prices and the full road tests, comparisons will start. I trust Hyundai to match the XUV on the feature list and probably better it in fit,finish and reliability.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks