Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 20:56   #646
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Thanks to Kalyan Sundaresan for the heads up!

Quote:
Hyundai has put up official images and features of New Hyundai Creta on www.hyundaicreta.com
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 21:05   #647
BHPian

On a separate note, anyone planning to buy Nissan Terrano or Renault Duster must consider postponing their plan for 2 months. If priced well, Hyundai Creta will storm the market and both Duster and Terrano will face the heat.

I expect some heavy discounts for both these a month after Creta is launched. If priced aggressively, it can create problems for Ford and Mahindra as well.

Creta looks modern from outside, is spacious inside and is equipped with most of the features one can think of.

Hyundai Creta welcomes you at Chennai airport.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta1.jpg

Source: @samarbhandral and @YC_Redlined on Twitter

Last edited by damager21 : 27th June 2015 at 21:11.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 21:08   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Cruise control in Creta confirmed by Carwale, Overdrive and MotorOctane in their review.
Thanks, I stand corrected.

Weird thing is - the official feature list doesn't mention it, and neither do the other reviews. IndianAutosBlog doesn't mention it, AutoCar doesn't, RushLane doesn't, neither does AutoX.

And neither does Motoroids, which has come out with a really in-depth, detailed and (seemingly) unbiased review.

Excerpts:
  • You sit relatively low inside the cabin. The driving position is not as commanding as you would assume for a car with such good ground clearance and character. The dashboard feels high set, and the feel from the driver’s position is very car-like.
  • Steering is adjustable for height but not for reach. The steering wheel on the AT variant wasn’t leather wrapped and felt slightly hard and rough, though the leather wrapped wheel on the Manual version felt soft and very nice to hold.
  • We were a little perplexed on seeing fabric seats and no leather steering wheel on the AT variant, which is supposed to be the absolute top of the line variant. The manual SX (O) variant, on the other hand featured leather seats and a much-nicer-to-hold leather wrapped steering wheel too.
  • 1.6 diesel seemed to have a mild turbo lag and spooled up fully only at 2000 rpm, even after featuring a VGT.
  • The turbo lag which was quite noticeable in the manual version wasn’t apparent in the auto variant.
  • The auto transmission is quite snappy and shifts up rather quickly. We tried to confuse it by modulating the throttle, though it responded pretty well to the challenges thrown.
  • The engine gets slightly noisy after 3000 rpm, though it still remains smooth and none of this noise really translates into any vibrations or irritating drone inside the cabin.
  • Body roll is perceptible but is decent for the height of the vehicle. Ride is supple, but the vehicle rolls more when compared to say, the Duster or the Ecosport.
  • Driver seat is height adjustable, though there is no lumbar support here.
  • Rear space is good for 2 adults, 3 would be a squeeze though.
  • Head room at the rear is adequate. While the shoulder line of the Creta is quite high and the windows aren’t very big and wide, the good amount of headroom ensures that the car doesn’t feel claustrophobic.
  • The leg room at the back seat is pretty good, though the under-thigh support could have been better.
  • There aren’t any dedicated reading lights for the rear passengers.
  • Rear seat back folds down flat but there is no split seat option.
  • The touchscreen on the center panel is very nice. The resolution is good and feels sensitive to touch without having to press the finger too hard against the screen.
  • There is an extensive trip computer with details like distance to dry, average efficiency and other important data.
  • There is no dearth of storage spaces inside the Creta. The car has space for big bottles on all four doors, along with map pockets.
  • There is also a generous storage space under the front armrest which can hold a lot more than a few cellphones and wallets.
  • The car features cornering lights like the XUV500, though the corner illuminators are separate halogen units.
  • Fit and finish is quite nice and overall the interior looks very nice though it’s not totally devoid of hard plastics. There is some hardness to be felt on the rear door panels and the upper black part of the dashboard – this isn’t much to complain about though.
  • The buttons are very tactile, soft to touch and built to last – there is no flimsiness to be felt there.
Of course, the real milestone will be our own Team-BHP review. I am sure all doubts of every Team-BHPian regarding features, driveability and variant details will be fully cleared once it's out!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th June 2015 at 21:30.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 21:10   #649
BHPian

I know that this is wishful thinking but wouldn't it be wonderful if manufacturers allow their cars to be custom built? Choose the engine, transmission, safety features, interiors and so on & so forth. There would be a waiting period but hell yeah it would be worth the wait

Last edited by akrish01 : 27th June 2015 at 21:13.
Old 27th June 2015, 21:19   #650
BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I know that this is wishful thinking but wouldn't it be wonderful if manufacturers allow their cars to be custom built? Choose the engine, transmission, safety features, interiors and so on & so forth. There would be a waiting period but hell yeah it would be worth the wait

In most developed countries, manufacturers do offer the option to custom built a car. And the delivery time is not that bad. This would be a great addition to our market as well,and if there is one manufacturer who could do this, it's probably Hyundai.

Last edited by jha.shailesh : 27th June 2015 at 21:22.
jha.shailesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 22:08   #651
Senior - BHPian

Does the manual come with a dead pedal? I am spoilt by the dead pedal of Getz on long drives.

Any idea when the S cross will be launched? I think S scross will be a hoot to drive with the torque on offer.

Negatives for me:
Sad to see that the AT version does not come in top end.
Do not understand why split seats are not offered.
Expected the boot size to be more than 400 litres. Even Jazz offers the same boot space. Hyundai has to learn space management from Honda.

Positives for me:
The vehicle looks very good, though I did not like the overuse of chrome.
The engine options are great, especially the 1.6 Diesel on offer, with AT option.
NVH seems to be good.
Typical Hyundai class leading features.
No reports of bad handling.

Hope it will give good seat height (with seat height adjustment) and commanding view of SUV, though the reports indicate otherwise.

This will be a very practical vehicle, which will give tough competition to Duster, Terrano, and Ecosport. Waiting in anticipation for the launch and the response from Maruti.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 27th June 2015 at 22:13.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 22:14   #652
BHPian

I think touchscreens are overrated. For AV, the knobs and the steering controls are good enough unless the car belongs to a music enthusiast. For navigation, I trust my phone docked on somewhere. These touchscreens' user experience and their ecosystems are primitive compared to smartphones.
Creta looks tempting like i20 last August but guess I'll stick with Getz for one more year.
Old 27th June 2015, 22:19   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Creta looks tempting like i20 last August but guess I'll stick with Getz for one more year.
I too drive a Getz and am thinking about holding to it for atleast a year, unless Creta or S Cross offers a very tempting package. Getz is perfect for city, where most of my usage is and it drives like new. With the resale value of Getz, it does not make sense to splurge now unless there is shortage of parts. Let me see how it goes.
Old 27th June 2015, 22:51   #654
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I can compromise on aesthetic features (leather seats, AVN etc), but if I have to choose an AT (what I want) and safety features (which I also want), it would be a deal breaker. I may have to re-look at the EcoSport AT which (though petrol), has the right balance of priorities. Eagerly waiting for the formal T-BHP review.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully Ford dealers will be in a more amenable mood for "deals".
Contrapunto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 22:56   #655
BHPian

Some of these sites offer conflicting information for some of the features like cruise control and distance to empty. Most of the things are unveiled but all this confusion will go away only with the official spec and website update.
Old 27th June 2015, 23:22   #656
BANNED

So here is the catch. I knew it. They just had to do something to spoil our party. My rejoicing was short-lived when I learnt that there would be no SX(O) version of automatic. Why Hyundai, why? Does Hyundai think that anyone who reaches up to AT SX would not be able to inch up to SX(O)? How much of a mark-up would SX(O) be over SX? Not a deal-breaker I'm sure. In any case next diesel AT stop is at 30+ Lakh which means Hyundai has enough room to stretch its legs on price front. The step-motherly treatment AT car buyers in this country receive continues. Something this good looking at this price from this brand of repute comes along once in a decade in this country. Well this one almost came, for me. As much as an AT on diesel SUV, I was also looking forward eagerly to drive a car with push-button start and keyless entry. Hyundai denies us that pleasure.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 23:31   #657
BHPian

Completely agree...All the euphoria of finally having a car which ticks all the boxes is short lived. I was ready to compromise on AWD but wanted a top end AT with all safety features and creature comfort. This news of AT only with SX variant has come as a Party Pooper.
NaveenKD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 07:50   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a bit of encouraging news for all - Hyundai India product planners have said that the Creta AWD is "under consideration".

Quote:
For the Indian market, the Creta launches on 21st July, 2015, with a front wheel drive layout on all variants. When asked about the inclusion of an AWD variant, product planners for Hyundai Motor India Limited said that it was indeed “under consideration”, however, did not put a timeframe to its launch. “The focus right now is on launching the manual and automatic variants of the Creta in India”, a product planner said.
IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 08:12   #659
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is a typical "chase the numbers " company. If one were to do a study, not more than 5% people opt for AWD/ 4WD where the option is offered (Duster, XUV, Scorpio, Storme). Unless the car buying junta starts buying these variants, there is very little incentive for the manufacturers to offer them. Hopefully, this tribe will increase, and 4 WD will be an option people demand. This has started to happen with Automatic/AMT transmissions getiing a larger number of takers. Hopefully AWD/ 4WD will be the next in line.

When people ask me that why have I opted for the Storme, and I tell them that it is a "Pucca SUV with 4 WD", some of them seem to understand. For others, an SUV means a vehicle with High GC and which does not have a "normal boot" like a sedan but one which extends till the roof and can take in additional people if required.

One this is sure, If Hyundai prices the Creta right, Renault, Nissan and Ford will have a tough time. These manufacturers have essentially become single trick ponies who have not had to take the big daddies like Hyundai and Maruti head on so far. I see a lot of discounts on the Duster and Terrano . These are decent vehicles but priced way too high. The Ecosport, which is the smallest of the lot, will also face some heat. The Scorpio & the XUV 500 , which sell 4000 plus regularly will also be effected, especially in the metros where families are smaller and 7 seaters may not be an important car buying criterion. Moroever, with a smaller engine and lower weight the Creta will consume a far less fuel than the bigger Scorpio and XUV.

The Storme sells in much smaller numbers and may not be effected much.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 28th June 2015 at 08:23.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 10:31   #660
BHPian

Hyundai Creta compared with Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and Mahindra Scorpio.

Name:  Dimension.png
Views: 8983
Size:  8.3 KB
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-diesel.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-petrol.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-features.jpg

Source: Gaadi
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks