Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 14:55   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Agree, the base model with minimal chrome look much better. Especially the white one highlights the black contrast very well! Will be a real looker - if I pick one up will savour parking it next to my neighbor's 35L OTR Santa Fe :-)
Old 26th June 2015, 15:41   #602
BHPian

I am waiting for the T-BHP test report on this with bated breath ! That will seal the deal for me, like it happened 5 years ago when Figo was launched. I booked the car without even a test drive (it was not available at that time for test drive) based on GTO's review on T-BHP. Haven't regretted even after 5 years, Figo is a very good all round package that met my requirements (and budget) at that time.
Revy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 15:57   #603
BHPian

Hai Guys, there is rumor that CRETA will get the same ground clearance as the chinese spec model which is 183mm and that the shark fin antenna/ 17" diamond cut alloys, etc will be available as options and not as standard equipment. Any info on these aspects.
Old 26th June 2015, 18:26   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, Zigwheels's sources are saying that the Creta will come in SIX variants - three in petrol and three in diesel.

No mention of the Base variant, which we all have already seen in the flesh!

They are also reporting the pricing to be in the range of 9 lakhs - 12.4 lakhs as well!

Quote:
According to our sources, the new Hyundai Creta will be offered in six variants to make the SUV suitable to the varying needs of customers. There will three variants each for the petrol and diesel powered Creta SUV.

Through our source we have also found out that the upcoming SUV will be priced between Rs 9 lakh to 12.4 lakh in India.

The estimated Hyundai Creta pricing and variant are as follows:

Petrol:
Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre VTVT S - Rs 9 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre VTVT SX - Rs 9.9 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre VTVT SX (O) - Rs 10.7 lakh
Diesel:
Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre CRDi S - Rs 10.5 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre CRDi SX - Rs 11.6 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre CRDi SX (O) - Rs 12.4 lakh
Zigwheels

If this bit of news is true, and (maybe) Zigwheels's source(s) forgot the Creta Base variants in a hurry to "leak", then we can safely expect the Base variants to be priced at ~7.9 lakh (petrol), and ~9 lakh (1.4L diesel) pricing points.

Appealing, and targetting the whole gamut of it's segment at one go - right from the EcoSport Trend (mid-variant) to the XUV 500 W6!

I would rather wait and take this with a pinch of salt, until a more reliable source comes in. Let's hope my birdie digs up some hints on the pricing strategy soon!
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 22:15   #605
BANNED

if this news of Zigwheels id to be beileved then hyundai may loose a big customer base of Ecosport and Duster (Base variant).

Somehow i am confident that after spending 16+ years in indian market, Hyundai will not do the mistake Honda did with Jazz, which lead to demise of sales for such a competent product.

keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 27th June 2015, 00:23   #606
BHPian

Quote:
then we can safely expect the Base variants to be priced at ~7.9 lakh (petrol), and ~9 lakh (1.4L diesel) pricing points.

Yeah, I remember in that TV interview, the Hyundai guy mentions that the Creta will be priced from ₹.8 to 12L. Zigwheels' estimates from their source seems to be a bit off. My guess is also as good as yours, the base petrol might start at 8'ish Lacs. I personally feel that if its correct then the pricing is good, at least in the comparison to the overpriced Duster & Terrano twins.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 07:23   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The media drives have begun. A friend forwarded me these snaps:
Wow! That variant (base model?) in white looks amazing without all that gaudy chrome add-ons.

Hope Hyundai doesn't skimp on safety kit for base models. Not very hopeful though. Its already missing rear wash wipe.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 09:19   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

CarDekho has come up with a comparo between the Hyundai Creta, the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster. Interestingly, they have posted the ix25's technical specs when comparing.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicreta_design_02.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 10:00   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's Creta will come in 3 engine options, the 1.4 diesel is to lower the starting price of the Creta. The 1.6Diesel will come with an AT variant , could be the only diesel 6 Speed AT in this segment.

Lower end will rival the Ecosport and the top end the XUV!

Official technical release of Creta.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-ciesgnuveaashe1.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-capture1.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-capture.jpg

Chassis - is of steel that features a ring structure frame for better stiffness and handling dynamics.
Roof- with multiple cross members for stiffness and rigidity
The Hive structure or the hexagon-inspired structure is used in the engine bay and as torsion rings near the B and C-pillar areas.
Anti-noise pads and sound deadening coating on ten underbody and insulation for the engine bay and dash has made for low NVH levels
6-speed manual across the range. 6-speed automatic only for 1.6 diesel.
Will get six airbags. Also, iso-fix points for the child-seats
Projector beam lamps and LED DRLs . Won't be standard across the range though.
The 17-inch diamond cut alloys look good. 215/60 tyres could offer a good ride too

https://twitter.com/odmag/status/614656828023009280

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th June 2015 at 10:29.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 10:11   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

And here's the full info from the Media Drive, which has started from this morning:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-bujthqr.jpg

First Official images by Hyundai India:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cieuhxrumaa4lpp.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cieuhy_ukau8kve.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cieugooveaaxw7e.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cieyjduuaaawhdl.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cieyjecuyaaopai.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cieyjesuyaaih3d.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2015 at 11:13.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 10:58   #611
BHPian

Rushlane blog suggests that automatic will be available only in diesel variantthats very unpleasant!

Quote:
Verna-derived powertrain lineup comprises of a 123 PS 1.6-litre petrol engine, 128 PS 1.6-litre diesel engine and 90 PS 1.4-litre diesel engine. The 1.6-litre diesel motor is offered with 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions, making Creta the only diesel automatic SUV in its segment.

http://www.rushlane.com/2016-hyundai...-12155244.html

Last edited by ddriver : 27th June 2015 at 10:59. Reason: correction
Old 27th June 2015, 11:10   #612
BHPian

Tweet to overdrive indicated that the ground clearance will be "much more" than i20 active which has 190mm. I think we can expect GC around the 200 mark!!

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-od-tweet.jpg

And for all the safety minded people, it is going to come with 6 airbags! This looks to be loaded with features

Last edited by praveen_v : 27th June 2015 at 11:15.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 11:15   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Full Features list:

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 11:41   #614
BHPian

Do we get rear disc brakes like the rest of the world or has that been changed to drums?
Old 27th June 2015, 11:45   #615
BHPian

Those cross members on the roof look weird!
The ix25 come with a panoramic sunroof so it seems it doesn't have these. I wonder what prompted Hyundai India to add additional rigidity on the Creta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks