Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2015, 21:50   #451
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

The rear side windows are really bigger than any other car. I guess the back seaters get panoramic view. It may make the cabin airy.
hope the glass tinted.
Old 20th June 2015, 21:50   #452
BHPian

Confirmed with the owner of a local hyundai dealer, bookings have started.
Old 20th June 2015, 22:07   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The Creta is gonna decimate the S cross, Maruti seems to have finally met its nemesis in Hyundai.
I feel its too soon to predict that Creta would emerge the sole winner, based on the looks alone. Agreed its 'pretty', but again its not just the looks that can win over an enthusiast's heart.

With that said, I do hope that Hyundai overcome the issue of poor handing with this car. I have owned one Hyundai in the past (2007 Elantra) and I did not come out too impressed. In US it still made sense because atleast it was cheap. There was a Chinese video review that was floating recently that confirmed the worst fear about the strictly average handling of ix25.

Again, It is a pretty car and I hope handling and other dynamics are good enough to excite the average enthusiast too. I would reserve my verdict on who would bury who, until I drive these vehicles
Old 20th June 2015, 22:12   #454
BANNED

Looks stunning. Hope it comes with 6-speed AT. Maruti S Cross is just no competition to this. Actually, S Cross looks like a raised hatchback with sloping bonnet. Was S Cross designed by Hyundai for Maruti?
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 22:36   #455
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle looks good. From the size, it looks as spacious as duster. I expect the price to be in the range of duster.
I do not like the overuse of chrome. It does not gel with the boot at all. I do not know why indian manufacturers are in love with chrome lately.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 23:29   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post

With that said, I do hope that Hyundai overcome the issue of poor handing with this car. I have owned one Hyundai in the past (2007 Elantra) and I did not come out too impressed. In US it still made sense because atleast it was cheap. There was a Chinese video review that was floating recently that confirmed the worst fear about the strictly average handling of ix25.
Slightly off topic, but I am curious. Was the US elantra's suspension setup differently from the Indian version? Because on the forum, I've always heard that the last elantra had been the only decent handling Hyundai ever. I've not driven one, hence the curiosity.
Old 20th June 2015, 23:47   #457
Senior - BHPian

I think its bye bye Duster and Terrano time !!
The Creta is too good to be true and it will take the market by storm. Expect very very long waiting periods. Honda City sales too will be effected IMHO as many customers will switch to a SUVish vehicle that truly drives like a car.
Well done Hyundai and a lesson in the making for Honda to not bring the stunning Vezel to India.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 23:50   #458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I feel its too soon to predict that Creta would emerge the sole winner, based on the looks alone. Agreed its 'pretty', but again its not just the looks that can win over an enthusiast's heart. There was a Chinese video review that was floating

Again, It is a pretty car and I hope handling and other dynamics are good enough to excite the average enthusiast too. I would reserve my verdict on who would bury who, until I drive these vehicles
We enthusiasts are but a minority, if we were the majority, Linea, Punto and the Global Fiesta would have been run away hits. I hate Hyundai for the boat like handling, but most love boats. Whether we enthusiasts approve or not won't make any difference to the sales of Hyundai,the market trend echoes the average buyers mindset. It's not for some luck that Hyundai has become the second largest car maker in India. While the fluidic theme is not anywhere near classic, it brings a desirability factor. If Creta is priced well, I'm sure there will be a surge in sales of sleeping pills in shops near Nelson Mandela road, NewDelhi,T nagar,Chennai and Greater Noida!
Old 21st June 2015, 03:42   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Just uploaded on www.motoroids.com.
Wow. It really looks stunning in Dark shade.
This is what competition and strategy is all about.
Creta was supposed to hit showrooms by Aug/Sep aka the festive season. With the S Cross show cased in IIFA and launch date in first week of Jul, Hyundai has already advanced the launch to 21st Jul and to keep the customers anxious and to keep their decision pending after launch of S Cross they have ensured some completely undisguised Cretas roaming in the streets and generating the wow factor.
My take is that with such good looks if priced right we will have a winner here.
Old 21st June 2015, 11:28   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of pics shared by Facebook user Kathir Raj.

The Hyundai Creta SX in Red, fresh off the factory production floor!

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img20150621wa0001.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img20150621wa0000.jpg

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st June 2015 at 11:30.
RavenAvi is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 11:36   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Couple of pics shared by Facebook user Kathir Raj.
The Hyundai Creta SX in Red, fresh off the factory production floor!
So this means there will be a SX(o) version as well? This seems to have 16'' rims. The car in golden brownish shade yesterday had chrome door handles too. I do hope we get the 17" diamond cut alloys in India.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2015 at 12:53. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 21st June 2015, 12:00   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, that looks stunning. Kinda believe that this will be a hit.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 12:04   #463
BHPian

Images from production line won't come in public forum, especially yet to be launched models, unless it is a deliberate leak. Let me tell while world is going gaga over its look, Hyundai may be worried about Form (Creta) over Function (Scross).
NaveenKD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 12:18   #464
BHPian

Thanks for the pictures RavenAvi. Indeed the car looks fantastic. Even thought I generally prefer sedans, of all the cars in this class, I like this more than Scross and the likes.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 12:22   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Slightly off topic, but I am curious. Was the US elantra's suspension setup differently from the Indian version?
I am sorry bud I have not driven Indian Elantra and hence cannot compare the two. However weighing against the other vehicles of the same class (Corolla, lancer & Civic) the handling was not that great. The suspension was not exactly soft but the car was very un-engaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
We enthusiasts are but a minority, if we were the majority, Linea, Punto and the Global Fiesta would have been run away hits. I hate Hyundai for the boat like handling, but most love boats.
Agree with you there, its all about the mass appeal. Still I feel that while initial sales gets driven by the looks - over the time the other factors like utility of the vehicle and the quality of drive starts influencing the charts too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks