Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2014, 12:19   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This seems to be the compact SUV. I thought it would come with a bigger engine though!
Attachment 1310250
Quite possible. They may have a lower specced 1.4L and also a 1.6L higher specced version. But what I am not very happy is that the space looks just about more than Ecosport in terms of width and legroom. Nowhere close to Duster/Terrano.
Old 20th November 2014, 23:32   #47
BHPian

more pics at:
http://www.motoroids.com/upcoming-la...hou-auto-show/
niv26 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 15:16   #48
BHPian

Spoke to my service advisor of launch and he said that it is imminent and would be launched by February 2015. Engine options are 1.4 petrol and 1.4 diesel only for now.
Old 4th December 2014, 22:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Spoke to my service advisor of launch and he said that it is imminent and would be launched by February 2015. Engine options are 1.4 petrol and 1.4 diesel only for now.
Did your SA mentioned the dates referring to i25 or i20 Cross which is now caught testing multiple times?

I hope they launch i25 first... (Jan-Feb 2015)
Old 4th December 2014, 23:24   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Did your SA mentioned the dates referring to i25 or i20 Cross which is now caught testing multiple times?

i20 cross? Oh, no not another cross. First, we had SUVs, then we had mini-SUVs and now this cross thingy, which is basically a mini-miniSUV. HMIL, please launch i25 and refrain from putting another cross on road.
Old 5th December 2014, 00:46   #51
D C
BHPian

This made my day. I am really looking forward to this launch. From the history, I do not think Hyundai will disappoint us. An apt choice for people who wanted an entry level SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This seems to be the compact SUV. I thought it would come with a bigger engine though!
Attachment 1310250
The VIN number suggests the car is manufactured in India, what would be the reason for it go to South Korea and come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Variant, Technical Specs and Features from Hyundai China site
Source: http://ix25.beijing-hyundai.com.cn/

Variants
1.6 GS 2WD MT - Approx 12lacs INR
1.6 GS 2WD AT - Approx 13.4 lacs INR
1.6 GLS 2WD AT - Approx 14.3 lacs INR
1.6 DLX 2WD AT - Approx 15.6 lacs INR
2.0 GLS AT 2WD - Approx 16.7 lacs INR
2.0 GLX AT 4WD - Approx 18.0 lacs INR
It will be great if Hyundai introduce all of these variants, but the pricing seems to be on the higher side. The 1.6 engines may be the same as Verna / Elantra.

I highly doubt if a 5 seater entry level SUV make the cut with a 2.0 L engine at 18 Lacs. Innova seems to be a better choice.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post

I confirmed it twice from him that it is ix25 only. Even I had a doubt that it would be i20 cross as the ix25 is more than 4 metres long which does not get the benefit of excise cut and cannot be priced below Ecosport. Nor can it compete with Duster as space would be at a premium. Maybe that is why they are not going to plonk in the 1.2 kappa in it. Or are we going to be surprised by the shortened ix25 like the case of i20 for India?
Old 5th December 2014, 10:45   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I highly doubt if a 5 seater entry level SUV make the cut with a 2.0 L engine at 18 Lacs. Innova seems to be a better choice.
Yes, it is on pricier side, as has been the trend lately with all Hyundai cars. But it will have twice as many features as Innova at half the size (compactness) and besides, it will be a min-SUV whereas Innova is an airport shuttle taxi.
Old 5th December 2014, 14:54   #54
BHPian

Aaah!

Looks like guessing game continues on i25 launch as i20 Cross has been confirmed for early 2015 launch per IAB article.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/h...-launch-160692

I doubt if Hyundai launches both i20 Cross & i25 in the same quarter.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:16   #55
BHPian

Hyundai very slyly copies off design elements utilised by other manufacturers.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25compactsuvsideprofile.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_7345.jpg

Comparing the two, it can clearly be seen how so many design elements have been straightaway lifted off the more expensive Range Rover and simply added to the iX25. While in no way I say that this is a bad thing, considering what a stunner the evoque is, the ix25 has come out be a good looking car as well. I just believe that Hyundai should avoid such petty practices. Remember how the 1st Sonata was so much like a Jaguar, even including the pouncing Jag logo in the front. I thought Hyundai had largely evolved since then, but Alas.

Last edited by prakhar1998 : 5th December 2014 at 15:19.
prakhar1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 15:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Hyundai very slyly copies off design elements utilised by other manufacturers.
That's what's called inspired design.

Quite a few car makers are guilty of it, but is more obvious in a few Hyundai designs which you mentioned although on the whole their fluidic design and fluidic sculpture do seem to be original.

The ix25 looks to be a good vehicle overall. I'm keeping an eye out for it as a potential family sedan replacement - mostly to just move a few feet higher than most of the ever brightening full-beam headlights - than any need for a softroader.
Old 5th December 2014, 16:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

I guess the ix25 won't make it here anytime soon, barring a miracle. HMIL folks were excited about the upcoming cross vehicle(s?) which are apparently very popular and some other hyperbole I can't recall right now. Cross models are step-in junk from lazy manufacturers who don't have anything worthwhile to offer customers. I guess the i20 Cross will be better looking than the Toyota whatever cross.
Old 5th December 2014, 17:02   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Cross models are step-in junk from lazy manufacturers who don't have anything worthwhile to offer customers.
One can only hope that manufacturers put in a bit of design effort while creating cross models, and not just slap on some cladding and other design cop-outs.

For instance, the Fiat Avventura has got what appears to be a great way of mounting the spare, and one that will probably turn out to be even better than the Ford EcoSport (which is liable to rattle over time/use).
Old 5th December 2014, 17:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
One can only hope that manufacturers put in a bit of design effort while creating cross models, and not just slap on some cladding and other design cop-outs.

For instance, the Fiat Avventura has got what appears to be a great way of mounting the spare, and one that will probably turn out to be even better than the Ford EcoSport (which is liable to rattle over time/use).
That spare is nuts if your only adventure is weekend shopping, its a pain to operate, reminds me of the Mahindras of long ago. The spare mounted on the back shouldn't be a problem with your EcoSport, if Tata could get it right with the Sumo a decade ago, our car did a 100km a day average over some bad rural roads and we didn't face a problem with the door mounted spare, rattles or rust after two and a half years.

PS. Good to see a fellow Josephite here.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 21:42   #60
D C
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
whereas Innova is an airport shuttle taxi.
For that matter, even a BMW 7 series is an airport shuttle for Leela Palace, Chennai. No car is being spared from being a Taxi

I hope Hyundai will bring in this with a competitive price or place it as a new segment all together!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks