Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 17:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen launches smartphone application for customers

Volkswagen India has launched a mobile service smartphone application for its customers. Available on the Android and Apple platforms, the application provides direct access to information on network and latest sales and after-sales offers. It gives an explanation of various indicators on the car's dashboard, labour charges at Volkswagen service centres, roadside assistance, and emergency contact details.

The new service app provides customer care contact details, and allows prospective customers to book a test drive. In addition, the mobile application enables Volkswagen's existing and prospective customers to get their queries addressed, and also get information and updates on the company's India line-up of cars.

The new Volkswagen app for Android can be downloaded from the Google Play Store (link), while the iOS app can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes Store (link). Both versions are also available on the company's website.

Volkswagen launches smartphone application for customers-vw-app.png
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 17:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches smartphone application for customers

Was this not there before? I have the Skoda Service App for quite some time now on iPhone. Thought VW must be having something similar parallel to the Skoda app. Is it similar or something different?
Old 1st September 2014, 17:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope they improve the overall service experience too. This may be one little step in the correct direction, but still long miles to go.

Wish them all luck and hope to see improvements, not just apps.
Old 1st September 2014, 20:47   #4
BHPian

I will definitely download and will see if it is useful or not. But as saket said it's only a small step. The first thing they should do is to increase the number of service stations. I think their service centers are getting flooded with their sales going up or so it seems.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:48   #5
BHPian

Many of the menu sections turn up with blank pages, service charges info is incomplete
Plenty of scope for improvement. There is provision for registration of the car details. Haven't explored that as yet.
Seems like a useful app. Anybody tried other 'working' functionality?
Detroit-Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 01:14   #6
BHPian

Just downloaded the app and checked it out. The overall interface layout is pretty good, however the app is slow in loading pages or images. After clicking a action button it takes about 20-30sec to load, one might mistake it for blank page - it is that slow.

Liked the fact they have shared the city-wise price list of labour charges for general repair and annual service and also price list of extended warranty and all.This could provide clear idea to existing owners in expenditure planning and also prospective customers in cost of ownership.
A friend of mine had no idea that servicing of vehicle is much cheaper in a tier-ii town compared to metros till recently due to lower labour cost, despite a pretty long period of car ownership. Anyways, compared VW labour price between my town and Mumbai the difference is as much as 50%-90% for the same model.
Now that I also didnt know.

Also found the symbols feature useful. I know we all carry around the User manual but I am pretty sure, using the app to find out what a particular warning symbol means will be faster.

Decent app, worth downloading for the VW customers.
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 19:54   #7
BHPian

hi all,

I am looking to download the correct Skoda app that shows me all details of my car including periodic service maintenance and history etc under one app. when searching iphone app store found few apps for Skoda and got confused. How can I identify which is the right app to be downloaded?
Anyone any thoughts please!
Old 18th February 2016, 11:13   #8
BHPian

I have this app in my mobile since 2014. I have updated it once or twice post that. The latest version is quite neat in appearance.
Some of features which I liked were Roadside assistance option from app; it’s quite handy if someone has not saved the roadside assistance numbers in their phone book.

Also worth noting are features which explain MID symbols. I believe this functionality is very useful when unknown symbols show up in MID display. One can just refer to symbol explanation in app and take a necessary action.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks