Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 16:54   #571
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
When I drive my car with fan ON with external air intake for some distance, then i park the car for say 10 - 15 mins. When I come back the air from blower is warmer than it was before I left the car, even if the car is parked in shade.

I kinda find it unusual that the air becomes warmer........
Unless this happens for a prolonged period and your A/C refuses to cool the cabin, hardly anything unusual about it.

Consider this:

You've parked a hot car for a short duration so the engine bay hasn't cooled down sufficiently, if at all. If you turn on the A/C at this point with blower set to 'ventilation' mode, you're pulling in warmer air through the A/C fresh air intake - located in the engine bay - which has probably got relatively hotter trying to dissipate heat from a stationary car.

Nothing to worry about unless the A/C refuses to cool afterwards.
Old 25th February 2016, 18:29   #572
BHPian

Had the punto for more than 3 months now but never figured how to end a call using the steering mounted controls. The phone button only seems so receive calls but cannot end a call. Can someone please help me out? :P
Old 25th February 2016, 19:38   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Had the punto for more than 3 months now but never figured how to end a call using the steering mounted controls. The phone button only seems so receive calls but cannot end a call. Can someone please help me out? :P
Receiving the call is just a press of the call button. You need to hold it longer for 2-3 seconds to disconnect the call.
Old 26th February 2016, 16:14   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Unless this happens for a prolonged period and your A/C refuses to cool the cabin, hardly anything unusual about it.

Consider this:

You've parked a hot car for a short duration so the engine bay hasn't cooled down sufficiently, if at all. If you turn on the A/C at this point with blower set to 'ventilation' mode, you're pulling in warmer air through the A/C fresh air intake - located in the engine bay - which has probably got relatively hotter trying to dissipate heat from a stationary car.

Nothing to worry about unless the A/C refuses to cool afterwards.
Punto Evo 1.2 doesn't come with the heat shield on the inside of bonnet cover, so the car is definitely hot after a drive. It is quite possible that since the air intake is set to outside, the cabin fans throw warm air. The AC does cool afterwards.

But i have noticed that the AC cools the cabin, you switch it off once the cabin is cool but with in 5 mins the cabin starts to feel warm.
Old 26th February 2016, 21:02   #575
BHPian

Team,

Has anyone faced an issue where the Average consumption km/l display in Evo Punto is stuck in one value no matter what.

for example: AcA(trip) always shows 4km/l (only very recently before which it was working fine- I have never reset this trip) but my other trip AcB shows the correct values

Fixing an appointment next week to check it out. just wanted to know if anyone faced similar issues.
Old 28th February 2016, 01:13   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Team,

Has anyone faced an issue where the Average consumption km/l display in Evo Punto is stuck in one value no matter what.

for example: AcA(trip) always shows 4km/l (only very recently before which it was working fine- I have never reset this trip) but my other trip AcB shows the correct values

Fixing an appointment next week to check it out. just wanted to know if anyone faced similar issues.
I had a similar issue with distance to empty counter. It was stuck at one value. Then I later realized that I kept the engine on while it was being tanked up. This somehow
messed with the counter. I tanked up again and sure enough that was the reason. It reset the counter back and everything was fine. It might be worth trying this in your case. Try resetting both the counters and try to tank up full while the engine is off.
Ryuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 14:17   #577
BHPian

After lazy-ing around for quite a bit, I decided to put up my ownership report of Bellissa - My Punto Evo 1.4

Coming real soon!

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img20160313wa0014.jpg
Divya Sharan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 19:49   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I had a similar issue with distance to empty counter. It was stuck at one value. Then I later realized that I kept the engine on while it was being tanked up. This somehow
messed with the counter. I tanked up again and sure enough that was the reason. It reset the counter back and everything was fine. It might be worth trying this in your case. Try resetting both the counters and try to tank up full while the engine is off.
Thank you for the inputs. I have never tanked up with the engine on, but anyway that will hopefully be sorted out tomorrow when i take it to the service center and try to find the exact cause before i reset it.

Also since this is my first 15K Kms service, all valuable inputs are most welcome on what I need to look out for
Rover2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 19:52   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
After lazy-ing around for quite a bit, I decided to put up my ownership report of Bellissa - My Punto Evo 1.4

Coming real soon!

Attachment 1485599
That would be interesting! Also have you blacked out the chrome on the fog and front grille?
Old 17th March 2016, 20:46   #580
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I had a similar issue with distance to empty counter. It was stuck at one value. Then I later realized that I kept the engine on while it was being tanked up. This somehow messed with the counter.
Quote:
Thank you for the inputs. I have never tanked up with the engine on
Guys,

Tanking up, must be done with ignition off. Look at this excerpt from my Swift Owners Manual.

See Point 1 in NOTE:
Name:  ForumRunner_20160317_204551.png
Views: 2904
Size:  161.5 KB
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 09:05   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys,

Tanking up, must be done with ignition off. Look at this excerpt from my Swift Owners Manual.

See Point 1 in NOTE:
Attachment 1486849
This is because the Level sensor in the tank will not read it immediately when the vehicle is on.
The fuel level is read and displayed at a set interval of time (this interval different for different cars). Any change in between that interval will not be shown to the driver.
That is why when you fill fuel when the vehicle is switched on, the fuel level needle/display will not go up.
It is obvious that when this level is used for calculation for the Range and Avg FE, that will also be messed up.

All this should be updated, the next time the vehicle is restarted or that fixed time interval-whichever is early.
Hence manufacturers suggest you to fill up with ignition off.

For Fiat cars, I've observed that this time interval is quite big compared to other cars

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 18th March 2016 at 09:08.
Old 19th March 2016, 12:31   #582
BHPian

Quote:
That would be interesting! Also have you blacked out the chrome on the fog and front grille?
Yes, I'm compiling the report. Expecting to finish it soon.

I have CF wrapped the chrome on the grill, pull handles, the chrome bit between the fogs at the front and below the boot on the back. Gog housing and rear housings have been wrapped in matte black.

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-2.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-1.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-3.jpg
Divya Sharan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:20   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I'm compiling the report. Expecting to finish it soon.

I have CF wrapped the chrome on the grill, pull handles, the chrome bit between the fogs at the front and below the boot on the back. Gog housing and rear housings have been wrapped in matte black.

Attachment 1487736

Attachment 1487735

Attachment 1487737
The wrapping has been neatly done and looks good too. did you get it done from 3M?
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:33   #584
BHPian

Quote:
The wrapping has been neatly done and looks good too. did you get it done from 3M?
Thanks and nope! 6 hours at home with the help of my owner's wife, neighboring kids, my heat gun and blades. Had to undo the thing twice in the middle to get the alignment right.
If you come very close, only then you can say that it's not done by a professional. Even from 5 feet away it looks good.
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:14   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and nope! 6 hours at home with the help of my owner's wife, neighboring kids, my heat gun and blades. Had to undo the thing twice in the middle to get the alignment right.
If you come very close, only then you can say that it's not done by a professional. Even from 5 feet away it looks good.
Very nice indeed! it definitely looks professional. I am thinking of matte black for the chrome on my white Punto EVO sports.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks