Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 08:53   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Other than the price difference, is there any reason your friend does not want to buy Michelin, Yokohama or Continental tyres?
Thanks Joxster
Actually, with so many options, he was confused.
To avoid that, he wants to go for the Alnac 4g just because it is the OE tyre for the car.
According to the latest update, he will either opt for the Alnac 4g or the Yokohama Earth1.
Old 21st December 2015, 13:09   #557
BHPian

Just a question to Fiat car owners in Mumbai, I hear that there are no more showrooms in the city, so it means no one can buy a Fiat in Mumbai? Also, if this is true, then how is the maintenance, service and repair managed? is it done via Tata service centers?
Old 21st December 2015, 14:06   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Just a question to Fiat car owners in Mumbai, I hear that there are no more showrooms in the city, so it means no one can buy a Fiat in Mumbai? Also, if this is true, then how is the maintenance, service and repair managed? is it done via Tata service centers?
I believe the service centres are shut down but one or two sales centres are still ON? As for service, you can't take it to TATA service centres. There is RS motors in Kandivali which is an authorized service centre. The place is small, so you have to book an appointment atleast a week back.

They don't take cars on Saturday & Sunday is an off.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st December 2015 at 14:07.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 20:54   #559

Torrid Motors Goregaon & RS Motors Kandivali are two good options. There is one in Panvel, unf not sure of the name/loc
Old 4th January 2016, 00:05   #560
BHPian

Fiat plans to relaunch Grande Punto in January named Punto Pure.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/fiat-india-may-relaunch-original-punto-hatchback-punto-pure-report-661624
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:43   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Update on the AC issue:

It seems like clogged AC filter is the culprit here as diagnosed by the mechanic. Now, it's giving me chills.
glad you got it resolved; By the AC filter, do you mean the filter that's in the glove box (cabin fliter?) or is there another one. How is it resolved? with a vaccum cleaner? Sorry If I sound ignorant

Last edited by rav11stars : 2nd February 2016 at 17:44. Reason: more questions ;)
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:46   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Thats the most unfortunate thing that could happen to Fiat fans. No showroom in the biggest market.

As of now there are 5 service centres for Fiat cars.
1) Mumbai: RS Motors Kandivali & Torrid motors Goregaon
2) Thane: Life Time Mobility
3) Navi Mumbai: Car Mendors, Panvel
4) Outside Mumbai: VTech Automotive, Vasai Road.
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:04   #563
BHPian

What a shame. In our state, i think Mumbai is the only city where Fiat padminis are still used as Taxis. Its a city that kinda was a base in Fiats history in India. This is a city where there are people with money being the financial capital, and would be ready to buy a performance machine like the Abarth and the company has no showroom in the city !

Dear Fiat Management, I apply for a position in your company which requires common sense. I will try my best to convince you'll to have atleast 1 proper showroom in Mumbai. As a Fiat fanboy (I oftenly drive my dads Punto Mjd), I am ridiculed many times when my friends tell me that "bhai, your Fiat doesnt even have a showroom here, you want us to drive to Pune for a mere testdrive?)
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:40   #564
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats the most unfortunate thing that could happen to Fiat fans. No showroom in the biggest market.

As of now there are 5 service centres for Fiat cars.
1) Mumbai: RS Motors Kandivali & Torrid motors Goregaon
2) Thane: Life Time Mobility
3) Navi Mumbai: Car Mendors, Panvel
4) Outside Mumbai: VTech Automotive, Vasai Road.
The Thane service center doesn't show up on the Fiat India website. Is it an FASS?

Also is there any plans of opening up any new dealership in Mumbai? They could very well do with a FIAT Cafe.
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:08   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
The Thane service center doesn't show up on the Fiat India website. Is it an FASS?

Also is there any plans of opening up any new dealership in Mumbai? They could very well do with a FIAT Cafe.
Unfortunately it does not show on the Fiat website. For that matter Vasai road FASS also does not show up. Don't know the reason for the same.

Thane one is a FASS for sure. Attaching pics for reference. I am going to visit the workshop this coming saturday, will post my experience.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-p_20160117_112830.jpg  

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-p_20160117_112839.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 13:35   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
glad you got it resolved; By the AC filter, do you mean the filter that's in the glove box (cabin fliter?) or is there another one. How is it resolved? with a vaccum cleaner? Sorry If I sound ignorant
I'm not really sure. I was hushed away into a room, but I could see he was meddling with the cabin. It didn't take much time.
Old 20th February 2016, 21:42   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
I drive a 1.2 Dynamic model and when I switch on the A/C, I hear a faint 'kirrrrrrrr' sound. It stays only for a few seconds and goes off. Even though I remember hearing it before, I always thought it was an auto rickshaw behind or overtaking, as that's exactly the sound it makes. Last month, I took my car for my third free servicing and had pointed it out to the workshop guy (KHT Fiat), to which he said he will inspect and revert. Later, while taking delivery I asked him if they had found out the source of the sound/why it was coming. He told me it was the 'low level of gas' that was causing it and that they had 'topped it up' (sorry, I don't exactly recall and I don't understand the mechanical stuff.) So I drove off and on my way when I switched on the A/C there was no sound. The next day, however, it was back just like before. I was upset, but I didn't call the workshop. And I didn't want to take my car again as I fear newer problems will crop up if they inspect too much. The A/C is working fine. And I want it to stay that way. Just that the sound is annoying, even though it stays only for two or three seconds. Can anyone tell me if it's normal or or they know why it's there? Thanks.
i drive a 1.2 Active model and yes its exactly the sound i get in my car as well. Just as you start the AC this sound comes and vanishes in couple of seconds. never bother to check with the service center folks though!

AC gas level going low for a car by 3rd free service seems a little unusual.
Old 20th February 2016, 21:51   #568
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the following unusual behavior with their punto?

When I drive my car with fan ON with external air intake for some distance, then i park the car for say 10 - 15 mins. When I come back the air from blower is warmer than it was before I left the car, even if the car is parked in shade.

I kinda find it unusual that the air becomes warmer, have not been able to find a solution not have been able to take the car to service station. I suspect something wrong and due to warn engine the air might get warmer.

Any pointers?
Old 20th February 2016, 23:47   #569
BHPian

You might be accidently activating your heater or it maybe on and it starts getting hot by the time you do your short drive.
Old 25th February 2016, 16:14   #570
BHPian

Quote:
You might be accidently activating your heater or it maybe on and it starts getting hot by the time you do your short drive
Nop! The knob to set the cooling.heating is set to extreme left i.e. cool position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks