Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 23:50   #496
BHPian

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Ryuu,

Congratulations on the subsequent purchase! Please post some pics
Sure. I'm collecting pics. Will post them along them along with my initial ownership experience.
Old 1st September 2015, 08:00   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
In your phone settings, under "bluetooth" click on the configuration item for your car device, and make sure "media audio" is checked. Then GPS directions, as well as music etc, should come through the car audio.
I'm quite sure that music can't be played via bluetooth, but the gps instructions from the Lumia 820 were routed to via the speakers. Every time the music used to stop when the lady spoke
Old 1st September 2015, 10:12   #498
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
I'm quite sure that music can't be played via bluetooth
Are you referring to Blue&Me specifically? If so, I don't know. But in general music can most certainly be played via bluetooth. I play music via bluetooth every time I'm in the car -- it's a cheap bluetooth dongle (like this one) plugged into my non-bluetooth system.

Last edited by rsidd : 1st September 2015 at 10:13.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:28   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to Blue&Me specifically? If so, I don't know. But in general music can most certainly be played via bluetooth. I play music via bluetooth every time I'm in the car -- it's a cheap bluetooth dongle (like this one) plugged into my non-bluetooth system.
ah, ok. I was mentioning about Blue&Me :P. Thanks for that. It was good to know.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:36   #500
BANNED

Looks like you are right, blue&me doesn't support the a2dp protocol that lets music be played. Which is really silly, when a Rs 289 dongle can support it, why not the Microsoft-branded system in a Rs 500,000 car? The link gives a workaround but it says the quality is poor since it routes music through the phone audio. A better workaround would be to buy that dongle -- all it needs is a USB port (for power) and aux-in.
Old 6th September 2015, 01:07   #501
BHPian

Bad day for the Punto.

Some auto lunatic must have rammed into the right side of Punto. It was parked outside the apartment. The scars are ghastly. I could see some metal (?). Paint scraped off completely. A small dent on the wheel well. Some paint chipped off from the door handle section. I'll post some pics of it in the clear view tomorrow morning.

Car's comprehensive insurance is from Future Generali. What do you people suggest? It's been only two weeks.

I'm planning to visit Mars Workshop in Hyderabad to get a rough estimate. They have got some pretty good reviews here on Body works and denting.

This is my first experience dealing with scratches and dents on cars. I'd be grateful if you guys can advice which way to go here.

I was in a mood for a trip tomorrow. Totally mood off!!
Old 6th September 2015, 02:42   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post

Car's comprehensive insurance is from Future Generali. What do you people suggest? It's been only two weeks.

This is my first experience dealing with scratches and dents on cars. I'd be grateful if you guys can advice which way to go here.

I was in a mood for a trip tomorrow. Totally mood off!!
The way you described, looks like it's just scratches. Depending on the extent, I personally might be done with a rubbing / polishing job. It may not be worth losing your 20% NCB at the renewal time.
Old 6th September 2015, 09:38   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The way you described, looks like it's just scratches. Depending on the extent, I personally might be done with a rubbing / polishing job. It may not be worth losing your 20% NCB at the renewal time.
Hmm. I'm attaching the photos now. Let me know what you think.

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-c360_20150906090223813.jpg

Deep, wide scratches. Gone to the bone. A small dent as well

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-c360_20150906090230211.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-c360_20150906090235328.jpg
Ryuu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 11:43   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. I'm attaching the photos now. Let me know what you think....
This needs denting & repainting on the wheel arch (not wheel well ) for sure. Please find out how much this is going to cost for the entire job. One way to keep costs down is

1. Dent & repaint the wheel arch alone. That's a single panel. By Maruti A$$ standards, we are looking at Rs.3500/- for a single panel repaint.

2. For the scratch on rear door, door handle & a spot on the rear of wheel arch, do a paint touch up. That's usually done free of cost.

If you go the above route, you are looking at minimal cost. This may not warrant the use of insurance to cover the cost. Please let us know the outcome of the survey though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th September 2015 at 11:48.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 12:59   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This needs denting & repainting on the wheel arch (not wheel well ) for sure. Please find out how much this is going to cost for the entire job. One way to keep costs down is

1. Dent & repaint the wheel arch alone. That's a single panel. By Maruti A$$ standards, we are looking at Rs.3500/- for a single panel repaint.

2. For the scratch on rear door, door handle & a spot on the rear of wheel arch, do a paint touch up. That's usually done free of cost.

If you go the above route, you are looking at minimal cost. This may not warrant the use of insurance to cover the cost. Please let us know the outcome of the survey though.
Alright. Thanks for the inputs, swiftnfurious

Should I go to FASS for the repaint? Or the Body Workshops would be enough?

I called up the New Mars workshop guy who is supposedly good with this. He said metallic repaints are done there. I told him that I'll meet him tomorrow.
Old 6th September 2015, 15:29   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Should I go to FASS for the repaint? Or the Body Workshops would be enough?

I called up the New Mars workshop guy who is supposedly good with this. He said metallic repaints are done there. I told him that I'll meet him tomorrow.
It's all about quality of work. If these guys have a tie up with the insurance company, then both should be fine. New Mars might be cheaper especially if you are not using claim.

I would say, take a call depending on the cost estimate.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 00:25   #507
BHPian

I got the paint work done @new mars hyderabad.

Repainted wheel arch and the door. He gave some reason as to why touch up won't look good on the door because of the colour being pearl white. I'm not really sure he was entirely being honest about it. Went ahead with it.

Good work though. Looks as good as new. At least to my untrained eyes.

Total damage: 6k.

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img_20150909_104012.jpg
Ryuu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 10:58   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you are right, blue&me doesn't support the a2dp protocol that lets music be played.
It is annoying that with every new iteration or software release, this problem remains.

An almost identical system, Microsoft Sync, that you find in Ford supports audio streaming.

Fiat are now moving on to UConnect and from the looks of it, it is pretty awesome.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 12:17   #509
BHPian

Quote:
I got the paint work done @new mars hyderabad.

Repainted wheel arch and the door. He gave some reason as to why touch up won't look good on the door because of the colour being pearl white. I'm not really sure he was entirely being honest about it. Went ahead with it.

Good work though. Looks as good as new. At least to my untrained eyes.

Total damage: 6k.
It's sort of sad that you have to go through this with a new car, but glad that it's back to normal. Maybe it's all a part of the ownership experience.
One month into owning the Punto, a stupid kid fell on the left rear door with his cycle. The handle-bar scraped off the paint and left a dent. It still stares at me.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 14:02   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
It's sort of sad that you have to go through this with a new car, but glad that it's back to normal. Maybe it's all a part of the ownership experience.
One month into owning the Punto, a stupid kid fell on the left rear door with his cycle. The handle-bar scraped off the paint and left a dent. It still stares at me.
What saddens more is that fact that you have to bear all the trauma for no fault of yours. Like you said, it's all part of the ownership experience. I'll be more careful on where I park the car. Never ever park in place where there are roadside bandis nearby. I have gotten my car a normal body cover for the time being until I get a proper one.

Last edited by Ryuu : 11th September 2015 at 14:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks