Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 14:49   #376
BHPian

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
That was just on a lighter note. I'm sorry if you were offended by that post. And i believe I said nothing bad to defame the forum. And I seriously did feel that the idea of an "immediate delivery" may be possible. Peace.

Speaking to a cousin of mine from Surat, he told me that just a couple of years ago, the same businessman had gifted Chevy Beats to his employees. The scale was not as large as this one but it was still quite a significant number. Love for the Punto as well as the Beat? I am not so sure
Old 28th October 2014, 19:04   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Love for the Punto as well as the Beat? I am not so sure
Lets not discuss and ponder over this much then. We have lot more useful stuffs to discuss other than this.
Old 29th October 2014, 01:35   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellletloose View Post
I must share with you, how I zeroed in on my new car.
Nice, I too am in the process of getting financed for my Punto Evo. Can barely contain my excitement.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2014 at 12:49. Reason: Entire post quoted
Old 29th October 2014, 10:34   #379
BHPian

After close to a year looking out for a car, I have finally booked the punto evo 75hp emotion last week!

The booking was done at the KHT fiat caffe and the experience has been very good so far! They offered multiple back to back test drives of the 75 and 90hp and they even got both the cars all the way to my home in whitefield once!

The car has arrived at the yard yesterday and I am planning to do a PDI today!

I was confused between the 75 and 90hp fiat puntos and the new VW polo 1.5 diesels and finally decided on the 75hp punto after multiple back to back test drives.

I decided on the 75hp punto as it was slightly better to drive in bumper to bumper traffic compared to the 90hp due to the turbo lag in the 90hp. I also liked the alloys on the 75hp and it was also cheaper by around 50k!
I didn't get the polo because the highline variant that I wanted had a 3 month wait time. Also the clutch was a little too hard for my liking and the vw sales people had the same answer for all of my queries: "It is a german car. So, that is how it should be"! But the 1.5 engine on the new polo was very good and one of the best in the segment.
Also there was a 15k off on all variants of the punto just before diwali and that sealed the deal! I also offered free parking sensors!

Also, I am planning to switch the stock goodyear duraplus tyres to Michelin XM2 or primacy3st. I am not sure which of those would be better for the pothole ridden roads of bangalore?

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 29th October 2014 at 10:55.
Old 29th October 2014, 12:01   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilireddy0 View Post
Nice, I too am in the process of getting financed for my Punto Evo. Can barely contain my excitement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
After close to a year looking out for a car, I have finally booked the punto evo 75hp emotion last week!

Congrats guys ! Please start an ownership review once your cars arrive. No Evo owner reviews yet on the forum. There was one that went live briefly, but was moved back to the assembly line for want of more detail. What colours have you'll chosen ? The Golden Bronze anyone ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 29th October 2014 at 12:03.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 12:14   #381
BHPian

Quote:
First, congratulations for your new ride. Wish you safe & happy mile munching.

Quote:
Also, I am planning to switch the stock goodyear duraplus tyres to Michelin XM2 or primacy3st. I am not sure which of those would be better for the pothole ridden roads of bangalore?
I would recommend that you stick with the stock tires - My year old Sport has been on the same. Initially I too was of the opinion to swap them with more comfort oriented tires as in your choice but then Bangalore's road's are not meant for such soft compounded tires. The only flip-side you would have live with the GoodYear's are that they tend to be very noisy but at the same time, they are also very sturdy. My car is yet to pick a puncture & that is after some spirited driving on Mud roads, broken roads & no roads - Touch Wood.
tabrez is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 13:40   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
First, congratulations for your new ride. Wish you safe & happy mile munching.

Initially I too was of the opinion to swap them with more comfort oriented tires as in your choice but then Bangalore's road's are not meant for such soft compounded tires.
My opinion will be the other way. In Bangalore, rattles will get developed very fast if you use hard rubber. I would suggest to for soft ones if you are ready for a tyre change in every 2 years. I still regret in not getting my stock accelere changed - though I'm able to fight rattles successfully - thanks to FASS.

Congrats to everyone who has booked Evo.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 00:44   #383
BHPian

Quote:

The booking was done at the KHT fiat caffe and the experience has been very good so far!
Blackbird,

What are the discounts that KHT Fiat Caffe offered you ? I might be getting my vehicle there as well. So any helpful information is appreciated.
Old 30th October 2014, 09:04   #384
BHPian

Quote:

Firstly congratulations on the new car.

The Punto Evo feels slightly underpowered; so do consider the size and the compound you switch to. You may or may not want to end up with the added grip and size making the car slightly more sluggish.
Old 30th October 2014, 12:18   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Blackbird,

What are the discounts that KHT Fiat Caffe offered you ?
I booked the car when they had Rs 15,000 discount for diwali.
In addition, I got a corporate discount of Rs 3000.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 02:30   #386
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the car when they had Rs 15,000 discount for diwali.
In addition, I got a corporate discount of Rs 3000.
They are just throwing me the free roadside assistance as of now. Still under negotiations. Hopefully something substantial will be saved like you.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:15   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
What colours have you'll chosen ? The Golden Bronze anyone ?
It is always red for me!
Here are some pictures taken during the PDI in the stock yard:

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img_9239lr.jpg
12kms on the odo!

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img_9256lr.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img_9228lr.jpg

The VIN ends with JJZ which means it is manufactured in September 2014!
I paid the remaining amount yesterday and the car would be ready for delivery by Nov 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
I would recommend that you stick with the stock tires - My year old Sport has been on the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
My opinion will be the other way. In Bangalore, rattles will get developed very fast if you use hard rubber. I would suggest to for soft ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
Firstly congratulations on the new car.

The Punto Evo feels slightly underpowered; so do consider the size and the compound you switch to.
I will be swapping them with tyres of the same size.

I have read not so good reviews about the Goodyear Duraplus tyres that are on the car! Even the fiat SA says they start wobbling after 10k kms and recommended changing them. Also I do a lot of highway drives and more grip would always be welcome.

While doing back to back test drives of the 75 and 90 HP, I was able to see the difference in stopping ability of the cars due the tyres. The 75 had Goodyear duraplus while the 90 had Apollo Alnac 4G. Both the cars had same cross section(195mm), both had run around 2000kms and the same route was taken for both the drives. The 90 was able to stop sooner under hard braking.

Quote:
They are just throwing me the free roadside assistance as of now. Still under negotiations. Hopefully something substantial will be saved like you.
They told me that the 15k offer was valid only for 3 days (Oct 17,18,19). Also when paying the remaining amount yesterday the SA mentioned that Fiat would be hiking prices of the punto from next month!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 10:33   #388
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the red steed. Those OEM alloys are gorgeous. I wished Fiat provided this design in the 16 inch 90 hp variant.
Old 31st October 2014, 11:02   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Congrats on the red steed. Those OEM alloys are gorgeous. I wished Fiat provided this design in the 16 inch 90 hp variant.

The reason they skipped that is probably because of the Avventura. Avventura has the same design in 16', but with 5 spokes.
Old 31st October 2014, 17:01   #390
BHPian

Quote:
They told me that the 15k offer was valid only for 3 days (Oct 17,18,19). Also when paying the remaining amount yesterday the SA mentioned that Fiat would be hiking prices of the punto from next month!
This seems to be the standard reason for them to give the discount of 15000!
Last month when i was booking my evo 1.2 active, i was told this 15k offer was available directly from fiat for 3 days (25,26,27 Sept). Now the same offer has returned.

Even vecto has given me the exact same offer. But when compared to KHT i feel vecto is very inflexible. they want to charge you everything from std fitments to fiat RSA, ext warranty. Even the insurance offered by all the dealers (which i believe is from future generali) is expensive by minimum 3-4K

I brought my car insurance from Amsure and got RSA, 0% Dep, windshield waiver all for just 14.5k, where as the showroom had offered me bumper to bumper insurance at 18000/-

So if you add the insurance+RSA it would come to 21.5K, by opting for amsure provided insurance i saved 6.5k!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks